Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-01-2012, 09:07 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,480,794 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by creeksitter View Post
My charge for a doctor visit with cash - $210

With old, very bad and overpriced insurance plan - $135

With Obamacare - $88.

Yes, the first visit is free each year - the idea is preventive medicine. Catch chronic conditions at an early stage when they are less expensive to treat.
oh bull

what the doctor CHARGES insurace 210
what the doctor gets from insurance 135
what the doctor would get from medicrae/mdicari/obama care that he refuses 88

what he charges me for cash...90

get rid of ALL insurance..private and government
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2012, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by detwahDJ View Post
How is this any different from an insurance company panel?
for is it different???
do you really ask that

1. with private insuranec you have a CHOICE of carrier
2. against the fascist liberal big government you have zero say.."cant fight city hall"

other than that it is very similar..thats why we should get rid of ALL insurance private and government

MY health decisions should be between me and my doctor...not some government of insurance penny pincher

its too simple for people to save

its too simple for people to be self relieant

and dont give me "what if they cant afford it"...the fascist liberals have obamacare..you HAVE to BUY insurance or pay a tax, wheather yopu can afford it of not

Old 07-02-2012, 12:09 AM

2,112 posts, read 2,596,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Talk is cheap, especially on the internet where every conservative seems to be a self-made millionaire. Unfortunately in the real word, as my recent experience illustrates, very few individuals can walk the walk when there behind hits the gurney. My wife and I are not rich but we certainly do much better than the average American and it would be next to impossible for us to come up with the cost of my recent four day stay in the hospital at the cost negotiated by our health insurer. So your claim that you are ready and willing to come up at a moments notice the cost of one year of cancer treatment much less the $72,032.00 a four day stay in the hospital cost us just fails to fall on credible ears.

But that aside, it really doesn't matter whether or not you ask me to contribute to your care or not, the fact is that I have no choice but to contribute to your care because the "free market" requires that I do, right now, today because folks who claim they will just pay there medical bills, can't and don't especially when they actually get to see what a real like medical bill looks like.

The so-called government overreach (I've heard that the Supreme Court disagrees but I might have gotten my info from CNN or Fox) is in my opinion (and the former opinion of conservative Republicans) saving me my money when some pathetic individual righter who either didn't "need" or didn't want health insurance sees their personal Jesus calling them to his heavenly bosom and suddenly come to the realization that if they join Jesus they will miss the Tea Party Mixer and decide instead that the doctor needs to inject them with whatever needs to be injected - cha ching; cat scan whatever needs to be scanned- cha ching; and cut and dice whatever needs to be diced - cha ching, cha ching; so that their mortal ass doesn't miss that gala at the Cracker Barrell. Of course when they were telling the doctors to do whatever needed to be done to preserve their Individual Freedom™ they didn't notice the hospitals adding machines going off like a pin-ball machine. Which is unfortunate, because when the bill comes and the bank account doesn't match the new deficit they will either declare bankruptcy, drop off the grid and join some survivalist commune (I mean community), and the rest of us insured hard working folks will be the ones left holding the tab.

That's the real world, not the virtual one where talk is cheap and everyman can be a 1%.
Pure ownage right here, I can't rep you enough for this.

Old 07-02-2012, 06:19 AM

3,091 posts, read 3,966,875 times
No, I have a contract with my insurance company that clearly sets out my coverage. Not so with the government now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
You have a panel on your current insurance, that decides what you can or cannot have?

Old 07-02-2012, 06:37 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,947,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
Good point, not everyone will be able to get a bypass, even if they have insurance. It will be a government panel that decides whether you need the bypass, based on the criteria they set such as age, health history, your habits, expected length of life, etc.

So, not to worry. Insurance is not going to be the deciding factor.
Get your facts straight and stop spreading misinformation.

There is no "government panel." You will have private health insurance provided by a private insurance company. Whatever the terms of that policy hold will be the terms governing your coverage.

It's astounding that the right-wing is still pushing the "Death Panel" myth that's been completely debunked.

Old 07-02-2012, 07:10 AM

59,040 posts, read 27,298,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highcotton View Post
Is it true that to pass Senate approval ObamaCare now requires a 60/40 vote since not having insurance will be a 'tax' instead of the simple majority Senate vote ObamaCare has already received because payment for not having insurance was deemed to be a 'penalty'...which we now know it is not as defined by the SCOTUS?
Just the opposite. it only takes 51 votes to change funding laws AND THEY CANNOT BE FILIBUSTERED.

Old 07-02-2012, 08:57 AM

4,209 posts, read 3,589,177 times
I am just looking forward to Romney taking office and repealing this health care TAX! A tax on the backs of the middle class.

Old 07-02-2012, 09:03 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,815,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stayinformed40 View Post
I am just looking forward to Romney taking office and repealing this health care TAX! A tax on the backs of the middle class.
Try to stay informed, on your own. For that matter, why aren't you as "troubled" by cigarette tax, for example? That is, after all, a tax (on the backs of the middle class?)

Old 07-02-2012, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Get your facts straight and stop spreading misinformation.

There is no "government panel." You will have private health insurance provided by a private insurance company. Whatever the terms of that policy hold will be the terms governing your coverage.

It's astounding that the right-wing is still pushing the "Death Panel" myth that's been completely debunked.
oh please

medicare/caid ALREADY haver these panels that determine what they will and wont cover, they THEY consider to be needed or not neededk, cosmetic or not cxosmitic, economical or not economical

Guess Who Has the Highest Medical Claim Rejection Rate?

The Medicare denial rate is more than that of all of the private carriers combined

medicare is government..medicare is under budgetary pressures. Those pressures are already being exerted on physicians to withhold costly treatments. For example, Medicare limits cancer patients’ access to Epogen, an effective but expensive medicine, and similarly limits the use of more expensive alternative treatments that doctors might deem better for their patients such as virtual colonoscopies.

The recent recommendation by the U.S. Preventive Services Task Force that women under 50 not have screening mammograms at all, and that those over 50 only have them every-other-year, is an additional sneak preview of how extended government involvement in health care will limit access. The obamacare bill specifically references that coverage will be for services approved by the Task Force. Therefore, by definition, if annual mammograms are not approved, they’re not covered.

obamacare additionally explicitly empowers Medicare to limit treatment based on cost, and a new politically-appointed “Independent Medicare Advisory Board” will make the decisions. Never mind what your doctor judges best for you as an individual with your own unique set of health circumstances and needs.

anohter example..mr smith.. is a heart patient. He has been taking an “infusion” treatment for the last couple of years. This is insanely expensive, on the order of $2000 per week.

His private insurance covered it. Then he turned 65. Medicare denied it. So, the drug maker agreed to provide it gratis due to the circumstances, which included a financial review.

Yet, liberals expect me to believe that the private insurers and the drug companies are the bad guys?? And that the benevolent Federal Government will be better than the private sector?

Medicare consistantly denies Ambulance transports for MI(myocardial infarction) patients. Medicares reasoning is that the transport was not medically needed, and the patient could have gotten to the hospital by other means.
Generally when people are having heart attacks they need the professional services that an Ambulance provides. They are not likely to drive to the hospital themselves, take a cab, or ride a bus.
Ambulances are not “experimental treatments for terminal conditions, expensive end of life care with marginal benefit to the patient, etc”

Old 07-02-2012, 09:07 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,815,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
medicare/caid ALREADY haver these panels that determine what they will and wont cover...
If you mean panels that approve procedures, then it is a mighty business with private insurance. Are you unaware of this very basic fact as well?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies