Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2012, 10:25 AM

7,526 posts, read 11,358,025 times

Advertisements

Now that the health care law has been settled how will businesses respond to this? Wasn't much of the economic uncertainty related to the uncertainty about the status of the health care law? Well this issue has just been cleared up for business owners by the Supreme Court. Or has it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

20,054 posts, read 18,275,532 times
Since you can't waive federal taxes, do the Obamacare waivers become null and void? Even Obama's buddies waivers too?

13,186 posts, read 14,972,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire600 View Post
This is what will happen, they will all go to exchanges. We own a small business and if I had the choice of paying a $2K penalty or sending my folks to an exchange? Off you go folks!

Within 10 years IdiotCare will be worse than Medicare and unsustainable. Medicare can be controlled by reducing benefits. In this case, the Health Care industry drives the cost of care so two things will happen:

a) They will have no choice but to increase the tax
b) They will attempt to take over the Health Care industry and control costs by making it a government program

IdiotCare is exactly why our Government should stay out of industry.
That would be awesome if the GVT took over healthcare.

Europe does that in most respects. Their health care costs are 1/3rd what it does here. They cover everyone, and they have higher rated healthcare systems.

You want Americans to pay triple for healthcare. Only the well off to have health care insurance, so you can brag about some Arab Shiek coming to the USA for some rare procedure available only to the ultra rich.

No thanks.

276 posts, read 236,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
Definitely a boon for the temp agency industry.
Wow, that's a good point!

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
Do the illegals that just got amnesty get included with this ?
Can they buy insurance from the pool and get subsidized ?

I recall that illegals can buy insurance but won't get subsidized.
I assume the illegals won't get taxed for a penalty if they don't have insurance

Old 06-28-2012, 10:27 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,179,016 times
No more uncertainty than they've ever had.

And yea...it's been cleared up as far as i'm concerned.

6,933 posts, read 8,490,492 times
Yes. There should be less uncertainty. Across the board. However, individual states will decide to opt-in/out of certain of the law's provisions and some uncertainty on the state level, for residents, may linger until the states indicate what their intent is.

243 posts, read 279,259 times
I'm a little confused. Is it the mandate is now a tax, only I pay it a private company, or is it the penalty if I don't buy insurance now a tax?

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
That would be awesome if the GVT took over healthcare.

Europe does that in most respects. Their health care costs are 1/3rd what it does here. They cover everyone, and they have higher rated healthcare systems.

You want Americans to pay triple for healthcare. Only the well off to have health care insurance, so you can brag about some Arab Shiek coming to the USA for some rare procedure available only to the ultra rich.

No thanks.
I understand that they only cover everyone that contributes. Is that right ?

276 posts, read 236,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Do the illegals that just got amnesty get included with this ?
Can they buy insurance from the pool and get subsidized ?

I recall that illegals can buy insurance but won't get subsidized.
I assume the illegals won't get taxed for a penalty if they don't have insurance
Yeah, will illegals be covered under the "plan"? If not, how will we tell who is qualified and who isn't?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies