Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2012, 02:01 PM

380 posts, read 376,682 times

Advertisements

R.I.P. USA. Dead on 6/28/12 @ 10 a.m. Guess the Mayans were right.

First they take away property rights now they make us thralls of the federal government. Maybe we should have a citizenship "tax" to fund help for illegal immigrants. Thought I would never live to see the downfall of the republic. End of the dream, but screw it. My nieces and nephews will have to deal with it. Can't die soon enough.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2012, 02:02 PM

9,701 posts, read 5,109,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eRayP View Post
Even though I am not happy about higher taxes. My comment is that after working in health care for over 20 years, the main priority of health care workers is the patient is most important. It is first nature, regardless of ability to pay, color of skin, gender, rich, poor. No matter what health care workers do what is in their power to help the patient. The problem is this power will now be taken away. Decisions will be made on law and in when seconds matter, when knowing what the problem is matters, the power to take the appropriate action or order a test is now taken away and the people who count beans are in power.

Doctors, Nurses and ancillary hospital staff are on the front lines. They are educated by books but make no mistake there is no text that can teach better than first hand experience. There are subtletys that hospital staff can see that can not be written in text but these laws and authorization will be based on textbook symptoms. But now these first hand, up front and close to the patient, experience based decisions that save lives will no longer be taken into account.

Its your life.
With your 20 years experience, can you give a hypothetical example of a life-or-death emergency that Obamacare will hinder?

Old 06-28-2012, 02:02 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,657,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaffeetrekker View Post
Yes, I don't use Medicare even though I am eligible and paid into it my whole working life...My life long Doc doesn't take Medicare patients and never will....I pay with cash that I worked over 40 years to accumulate just so I wouldn't have to go to a Gubmint Doc or deal with Gubmint regulations...
AARP put out a statistic that says 47 million seniors are enrolled in the medicare program. Are they all fools for doing so?

Old 06-28-2012, 02:03 PM

667 posts, read 515,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Land Market View Post
Such as?
The tax burden it creates, the government intrusion in our lives, the failure to address the question of healthcare as a right and at what level.

Old 06-28-2012, 02:03 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,471,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Generally I enjoy reading your posts, but in this thread you have made many definitive statements of fact and never once provided a link giving those facts any foundation.
As an example, a linked study showed that the average cost of health care for an individual was 187.00 a month for full coverage while you come back with an unlinked figure of 14,700 for a family. I asked you to prove it. You told me to call my insurance agent. Yet you provided no link to prove your point and there is a big difference between a single individual and a family of four. I find your information on this subject to be mostly obfusication. Please educate me with unbiased, non partisan facts with links to your conclusions.

I can tell you what I pay

my company (the US federal government) pays 75% of the premuim

my portion is 192 every two weeks.....thats 4992 a year MY PORTION
the government pays AETNA the remaining 14976

thats 19k a year for insurance for a family

Old 06-28-2012, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalhead0043 View Post
So I'll be getting free government money in exchange for my tax? Awesome. I don't have to worry about a thing.
You won't pay the tax IF YOU JUST PURCHASE HEALTHCARE INSURANCE.

Old 06-28-2012, 02:05 PM

353 posts, read 458,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
You won't pay the tax IF YOU JUST PURCHASE HEALTHCARE INSURANCE.
I already said I cannot afford health insurance. My only choice is to pay the tax until I am done with school. Then I can hopefully get a real job or I will have to work two jobs. This bill doesn't help anything except the government take more money out of my pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
at least until the whole thing collapses of its own weight.

probably sooner than later now, with the last couple of rulings.

thank you, supreme court jackasses, with your clueless little heads in the clouds.

when it all does fall apart, i hope people assign proper blame on the government for their part in the collapse--- and visit their homes to get their much needed supplies for their families.
Oh, I don't know about that Sandy, It appears to me that the whole American system of healthcare was on the verge of collapse long before AHA.

9,598 posts, read 16,560,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
With your 20 years experience, can you give a hypothetical example of a life-or-death emergency that Obamacare will hinder?
Romney's chances of election.

Old 06-28-2012, 02:07 PM

29,407 posts, read 21,996,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robeaux View Post
Dude, seriously? You trust the fed to "not spend a penny more on health care than it collects in taxes"?? Seriously??

Seriously??

What would "they be have to" do if they did spend more? Tax the rich?

You *******s are priceless.
Yes what we will end up with is another big pool of money like SS that the government will raid to pay for all their other nonsense and constantly seek to add more to it. This is a sad day for the US. Worse than the day they passed it without reading it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies