Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2012, 04:41 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,070,698 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
Actually, I believe the term is "In like Flint".
No. That was movie. The phrase is actually "in like Flynn."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt
And, I believe as a part of the oath of President, he states he will uphold the Constitution.
Yes, it does. Now if you could explain how one upholds the constitution by defending an unconstitutional law you might get somewhere.

Quote:
We have laws that deal with people here in the country illegally, and for the President to ALLOW people to remain in the country illegally, and even further, works to prevent the removal of these people here illegally, to me means he is not only shirking his responsibilities, but allowing the laws to be broken.
None of that actually has anything to do with the Constitution. Go look.

The United States Constitution - The U.S. Constitution Online - USConstitution.net

Quote:
Additionally, he ordered the assassination of an American citizen, without legal due process.
I have absolutely no problem whatsoever with the killing of Anwar al-Awlaki. I hope we get Adam Gadahn next.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2012, 04:48 PM

1,575 posts, read 1,734,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
People did kill people. Obama, Holder and the ATF got two federal agents and hundreds of Mexicans killed.

Right, wrong or indifferent they killed those people.
Let's not forget Border Patrol Agent Brian Terry who was also killed because of this mess.

Old 06-27-2012, 05:09 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,680,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleRain_1 View Post
Let's not forget Border Patrol Agent Brian Terry who was also killed because of this mess.
Yes he was one of the two. I'd say 90% of people dont know about the other Fed Agent, Jaime Zapata.

Old 06-27-2012, 05:11 PM

6,391 posts, read 5,165,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
No. That was movie. The phrase is actually "in like Flynn."

Yes, it does. Now if you could explain how one upholds the constitution by defending an unconstitutional law you might get somewhere.

None of that actually has anything to do with the Constitution. Go look.

The United States Constitution - The U.S. Constitution Online - USConstitution.net

I have absolutely no problem whatsoever with the killing of Anwar al-Awlaki. I hope we get Adam Gadahn next.
The President is a member of the Executive branch, and his job is not to decide which laws are constitutional or not, that's the job of the judicial branch.

And while I also think Anwar al-Awlaki deserved to die, the fact remains, he was an American citizen, and deserved to be seen in court, not have him executed by the President's orders. To do such a thing, violates our constitution at it's very core. It's the President's job to uphold the constitution, and our laws, it's the job of the Judicial dept, to decide the constitutionality of our laws.

As for In like Flint or in like Flynn, both are slang for womanizing conquests. One for Agent Flint, the other for Errol Flynn.

Old 06-27-2012, 06:45 PM

5,113 posts, read 5,969,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
There you go. At least one person has enough of a clue to understand how the Constitution actually provides for the removal of a president. Gold star for you:

[MOD CUT]

Now all you have to do is find a violation of the constitution or a law he failed to uphold, and you're in like Flynn.
Obama has violated so many laws in the USA .... where do you start? Treason, Murder, War Crimes, Conspiracy, Fraud, Voter Fraud ... the list goes on and on ....

Obama has committed international crimes ... Just in Mexico he has violated many high crimes and can spend the rest of his life in a Mexican jail.

Old 06-27-2012, 06:48 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,603,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don9 View Post
Obama has violated so many laws in the USA .... where do you start? Treason, Murder, War Crimes, Conspiracy, Fraud, Voter Fraud ... the list goes on and on ....

Obama has committed international crimes ... Just in Mexico he has violated many high crimes and can spend the rest of his life in a Mexican jail.
It's like you are a modern-day Paul Revere, sounding the alarm. Bless you for saving us all!!! You're a hero!!!!

Old 06-27-2012, 06:53 PM
NCN

21,662 posts, read 25,617,651 times
I thought this thread was going to be about the president refusing to adhere to our immigration laws. The president has to swear to upholding all the laws of our land. Deciding that he does not like some of the laws and won't enforce them should not be a choice. We don't need immigration reform; we need immigration enforcement. I don't know if that is an impeachable offense but in my opinion, it should be. Our citizens need to be protected from those criminal immigrants who came here illegally. They are invading our country. It is a national security issue that is being ignored by this administration.

Old 06-27-2012, 07:00 PM

7,545 posts, read 8,323,498 times
Obama could kill the Pope and strangle litters of puppies with his bare hands and the democrats still wouldn't care.

Old 06-27-2012, 07:07 PM

4,734 posts, read 4,328,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
let's see:

they try to impeach/get him to resign a POTUS for a break-in of a hotel filing cabinate and coverup
they try and do impeach a POTUS for a coverup of a sexual fling

but when a POTUS covers up a faulty gun running plan that gets poeople killed, and then eveade the constitution by going around congress..you want to give him a pass????

bewteen F+F and the illegal imigrent end round, obama deserves to be impeached
Oh

The whole gun walking operation actually started under President Bush, not President Obama. It began as operation Wide Receiver, and guess what, some of those guns are still not accounted for. The only difference -- the only one -- is that Operation Fast and Furious let the guns walk farther. The Obama administration sought to track not only intermediaries and lower level buyers, they also wanted to track the gun circulation so that they would know more information about the networks themselves. There are still guns that walked away permanently under Bush's Wide Receiver program -- and there were also ZERO firearms prosecutions resulting from the programs until Obama took office. Unfortunately, one border patrol agent died, and it just so happened that it was a democratic gun that killed the agent; it could have just as easily been a republican gun though.

This whole manufactured 'controversy', just like the birther issue, just like the lies in the healthcare 'mandate' (which doesn't actually exist as such) is just right wing 'tard talk propaganda that people like republitard voters swill down without even taking so much as a sniff to test its veracity first.

I swear, I think republitard voters are not only stupid, they're stupid and proud of it.

Old 06-27-2012, 07:08 PM

3,074 posts, read 4,723,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatyousay View Post
Obama could kill the Pope and strangle litters of puppies with his bare hands and the democrats still wouldn't care.
Or even EAT puppies !!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies