Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2012, 09:50 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,164,999 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
Deflection as usual mathguy?

How can you be the math guy and not be able to put two and two together?

Republicans walk out in protest = not racist

CBC walks out in protest = racist

Do you not see the different rule of thumb here? Do you not see the ridiculous agenda to label black people racist here? Seriously I don't know what experiences in life you people have been throw to think like this...

Republicans Walk out of House in Protest
I think comparing protecting two black men, at all costs, to what you want to work against the GOP proves much more toward the racial slant than about anything else you could have done. How long had the Dems been back in control of the House when they tried to steam roll a re-vote? That one reminds me of the way school kids do when they don't get the result they want. You know, vote over and over till we get what we want.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2012, 09:55 AM

8,653 posts, read 6,106,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
1. I don't feel that the walkout is racist, never said it was. In fact, I gave examples of how easily claims of "racism" are thrown around and described the CBC's actions as political. So how the heck is this a deflection since I'm essentially defending the CBC's actions as politics and non-racist.

2. What do you mean "you people".

3. For someone as comfortable as you are throwing charges of racism at every perceived slight, you sure do seem sensitive when on the receiving end. You can't have it both ways and in an increasingly ethnic society....get used to it. You will see more and more charges of racism leveled at previously insulated groups as the color lines continue to blur.
You jumped into the debate with a defensive stance to the OP’s argument… This argument included “is there any doubt they're racist?”… If this wasn’t your attitude or intentions it wasn’t made clear with the statement about Clinton and Rev. Sharpton…

When I mentioned “you people” I was referring to all individuals biased by a heavy conservative slat… That type seems to live in a paradox (fairness is racist, progressive is evil, up is down, etc.)…

Lastly I agree with you about me being comfortable calling out racism… I call a spade a spade with no regrets… But I’m never sensitive about the receiving end because I’m not racist, I don’t agree with racism and I don’t care about people bearing false witness (the lord will settle it out in the end)…

Old 06-28-2012, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amerifree View Post
Black Caucuas? From now on they're "Black caca" in my book.
Luckily your book only includes pictures... People's heads might explode if it included written word...

Old 06-28-2012, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
When they say what this sentence says it becomes apparent that they are altogether racist in ever way.

" The letter is being circulated among the Black, Hispanic, Asian and Progressive caucuses, among other.
This list includes the Democratic caucuses... How would sending a letter to groups that include Hispanics, blacks, whites and Asians racist? Think about it ROY...

Old 06-28-2012, 10:06 AM

4,112 posts, read 4,460,646 times
It seems some you guys have glossed over my comment earlier in this sad thread.

Old 06-28-2012, 10:07 AM

8,145 posts, read 6,510,452 times
Racism lost today.

Old 06-28-2012, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by badhornet View Post
CBC, NAACP, La Raza

All the most racist organizations there is
If you're against these groups badhornet I know they're fighting for what's right...

Old 06-28-2012, 10:16 AM

77,855 posts, read 60,016,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
You jumped into the debate with a defensive stance to the OP’s argument… This argument included “is there any doubt they're racist?”… If this wasn’t your attitude or intentions it wasn’t made clear with the statement about Clinton and Rev. Sharpton…

When I mentioned “you people” I was referring to all individuals biased by a heavy conservative slat… That type seems to live in a paradox (fairness is racist, progressive is evil, up is down, etc.)…

Lastly I agree with you about me being comfortable calling out racism… I call a spade a spade with no regrets… But I’m never sensitive about the receiving end because I’m not racist, I don’t agree with racism and I don’t care about people bearing false witness (the lord will settle it out in the end)…
No, I didn't defend the OP...I responded to florida.bob with a humerous jab at how all these wild charges of racism get thrown around...even at the Clintons. In the very next post to the thread I followed up calling the actions of BOTH sides politicking which both refutes the OP's claim of racial motivation by the CBC and points out my belief that the actions vs. Holder are political.

I know you have to kinda read and maybe even think about what I write since "you people" apparantly can't tell where a person stands on a topic unless they include "*******" or "teabagger" in their posts.

Oh, and I'm a fiscal conservative, social liberal so I confuse the heck out of the linear (flat line) thinkers around here.

Old 06-28-2012, 10:20 AM

57,022 posts, read 35,042,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
No stay and fighting. Run away, run away.

Black Lawmakers To Walk Out On Eric Holder Contempt Vote
The Congressional Black Caucus will walk out of the House chamber during Thursday's vote to hold Attorney General Eric Holder in contempt of Congress.
No big deal. They have their constituents to answer to. If their constituents don't like it, they'll vote them out. If they don't vote them out, then i don't see why i should care about it when i have my own Congressman to worry about.

Old 06-28-2012, 10:21 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,206,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post

Oh, and I'm a fiscal conservative, social liberal so I confuse the heck out of the linear (flat line) thinkers around here.
So am I and it's funny to see what I get called by some people depending on the topic
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies