Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2012, 08:52 PM

3,201 posts, read 3,859,880 times

Advertisements

The majority of Canadians still believe in Global Warming.

Global Warming is a perfect example of GroupThink.

Global Warming is, has been, & will always be complete BS.

Global Warming Skepticism Higher in U.S. and Britain than Canada | Angus Reid Public Opinion

Johnny Cash-Ring of Fire (Al Gore Global Warming Parody) - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2012, 08:56 PM

31,292 posts, read 20,756,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joebaldknobber View Post

If I lived in Canada I would be praying for global warming.... Those Canadians are just hoping for something to thaw their frozen asses.

Old 06-28-2012, 09:12 PM

3,709 posts, read 4,630,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
If I lived in Canada I would be praying for global warming.... Those Canadians are just hoping for something to thaw their frozen asses.
Well, Canadians have to believe in SOMETHING, and it can't be themselves............

Old 06-28-2012, 09:44 PM

32,080 posts, read 15,081,434 times
Quote:

Global Warming Skepticism Higher in U.S. and Britain than Canada | Angus Reid Public Opinion

Who are you to criticize what people believe in. You think it's BS and they don't. That doesn't mean you're right. It just means you have an opposite opinion and evidently think your opinion is the right one.

Old 06-28-2012, 09:51 PM

6,486 posts, read 6,190,356 times
Global warming wouldn't be as bad for Canada as it is for the USA or Britain. Global warming could push immigration into Canada as temperatures reach more and more miserable levels in the American South. When something don't sound that bad, people will tend to believe in it more often.

Personally, I don't believe in global warming. I think our climate goes through cycles of heat and cold. The 1950s-1980s were cooler than the 1900s-1940s and 1990s-now. We're in a warm cycle.

Old 06-28-2012, 09:54 PM

2,075 posts, read 4,448,345 times
Canadians are believers because they've seen it first hand with their backyard ice rinks... the number of days per year with good ice has been decreasing.

Ice hockey feels the heat in Canada

Old 06-28-2012, 09:58 PM

10,016 posts, read 12,585,178 times
Maybe it's because Canadians, on average don't need a weatherman to tell them it's getting hotter and hotter every year. Claiming there is no warming is just plain idiotic stupidity. Now, what is the cause of that warming is up for debate and most likely it's a very complex combination of many causes.

In the Canadian Arctic the warming effects are multiplied many times. It's causing great hardship for the native population that has depended on the shorefast ice for their food supply for hundreds of generations. Not only is the ice disappearing the permafrost is melting causing huge problems for infrastructure and buidings of all kinds.

People who could possibly deny this warming that is so easily measured and observed are such idiots that their opinion on anything becomes moote and irrelevent. You have to have some special kind of stupidity to look square at an apple and tell the rest of the people who are also looking at it that it's actually a banana. If that is not bad enough you then try to villify those people as being mentally deficient because they will not accept either you or your idiot delusions.

Old 06-28-2012, 10:06 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,894,387 times
Well Us and UK has more beleivers in ghost;so that levels the field.

Old 06-28-2012, 10:38 PM

33,559 posts, read 37,160,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Global warming does not mean that the entire globe will warm evenly...Some areas will get warmer, some drier, others like where I live are becoming cooler and wetter....If it gets much wetter, I think I'll move...

Old 06-28-2012, 10:42 PM

589 posts, read 851,414 times
Quote:

More "big amygdala, small anterior cingulate cortex" dribble, from the wingnut crew.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies