Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2012, 08:59 AM

1,791 posts, read 3,170,539 times

Advertisements

Yes, i have to admit it, on this day of the Supreme Court decision on President Obama's health care plan. I used to be a huge Obama fan. I thought this guy was the greatest thing since Jesus. I bought into the whole idea that he was going to make health care affordable for everyone and make things more fair. I thought he was truly different from Washington insiders, and that he really understood the hardships and struggles that ordinary Americans were facing.

So the idea that he wants to require people to get health insurance without making it affordable, and thus stress people out even more, has got me pretty fired up. Now people are just going to have more troubles, as they will be required to have insurance that they cannot afford, because they have no jobs, because this incompetent administration cannot figure out how to stimulate the economy.

I think i have a case of Buyer's Remorse.

I'm a sucker. I bought into the whole thing, hook, line, and sinker. The only thing i can say is that i'm still relatively young, and hopefully in the future i will learn to be more careful about believing any politician's campaign promises.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2012, 09:27 AM

6,392 posts, read 5,146,906 times
Obama gave a LOT of excellent speeches. If you listen to them a few times, you find there's a LOT of pleasantries, very little substance.

I feel he has done more to divide the country than unite, heck CLINTON did a better job of uniting the groups, even with the attempt to impeach.

Old 06-28-2012, 09:34 AM

8,802 posts, read 8,863,119 times
It's a very bad day for this country. Should have just offered medicare for all if you cannot afford insurance, but are not poor enough for medicaid. This is going to sink the nation. Liberals rejoice today because it fulfills their partisan team, but this is going to destroy the country.

Old 06-28-2012, 09:44 AM

27,625 posts, read 21,025,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lpfan921 View Post
Yes, i have to admit it, on this day of the Supreme Court decision on President Obama's health care plan. I used to be a huge Obama fan. I thought this guy was the greatest thing since Jesus. I bought into the whole idea that he was going to make health care affordable for everyone and make things more fair. I thought he was truly different from Washington insiders, and that he really understood the hardships and struggles that ordinary Americans were facing.

So the idea that he wants to require people to get health insurance without making it affordable, and thus stress people out even more, has got me pretty fired up. Now people are just going to have more troubles, as they will be required to have insurance that they cannot afford, because they have no jobs, because this incompetent administration cannot figure out how to stimulate the economy.

I'm a sucker. I bought into the whole thing, hook, line, and sinker. The only thing i can say is that i'm still relatively young, and hopefully in the future i will learn to be more careful about believing any politician's campaign promises.
You can opt-out for religious reasons or for reasons of personal conscience.

The penalty if you just refuse is $95.00. Taxpayers will be paying for you if go to the emergency room. So in essence, your $95.00 will be paying for other people to pay for your healthcare in an emergency.

Old 06-28-2012, 09:53 AM

1,242 posts, read 3,463,769 times
Quote:

Welcome to seeing the truth! Its absolutely disgusting what he has done and is doing.

Just wait to see what he will do if/when he gets re-elected. This will be nothing.

Old 06-28-2012, 09:54 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,137,120 times
If you cannot afford insurance it will be subsidized by taxes.

If you opt to pay the penalty, you can do that. And if you get sick you can just buy insurance at that point to cover your treatment and then drop it when you're better. Remember..no more pre-existing.

If you can't afford it then just get it when you need it.

I wish they would do the same to car insurance..I only need it when there's an accident.

Old 06-28-2012, 09:55 AM

11,754 posts, read 14,568,681 times
Quote:
Yes, if you believe what the Republicans are saying about President Obama that's exactly what you are.

Or if you believe that it's President Obama who is preventing job growth from happening that's exactly what you are.

I agree that the Affordable Care Act is not perfect, but it's absolutely the best that he could have gotten through a hostile Congress.

Old 06-28-2012, 10:03 AM

11,531 posts, read 10,251,955 times
Quote:

You need to vote for Romney, because Romney doesn't support mandates

Old 06-28-2012, 10:06 AM

45,271 posts, read 26,780,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
If you cannot afford insurance it will be subsidized by taxes.

If you opt to pay the penalty, you can do that. And if you get sick you can just buy insurance at that point to cover your treatment and then drop it when you're better. Remember..no more pre-existing.

If you can't afford it then just get it when you need it.

I wish they would do the same to car insurance..I only need it when there's an accident.

This will most likely trigger the death of health insurance companies.

And again - and this needs to be repeated - PPACA can still be removed, but it has to be done by the people in who they put into office in 2012. That is the only option left.

Old 06-28-2012, 10:16 AM

20,867 posts, read 23,404,619 times
Quote:

What a bunch of crap. When you said you thought he was the greatest thing since Jesus, you let the cat out of the bag. You are no more of an Obama suporter than Rush or Beck is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies