Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2007, 07:40 PM

Location: Charlotte,NC, US, North America, Earth, Alpha Quadrant,Milky Way Galaxy
3,770 posts, read 7,525,145 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tribecavsbrowns View Post
This is thoroughly disgusting.
I'm sure the many thousands of people who nearly elected David Duke governor of LA agrees with you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2007, 08:16 PM

6,762 posts, read 11,602,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movingtolou View Post
Hmmm, I think the thinking behind this, is that if you use your MIND..you don't get into these situations...
Ideally, yes. Real world, not always. Some people truly are RANDOM victims of violent criminals who didn't start anything with anyone. Whoever the kid is that was knocked out and beaten by Bell and his buddies, may have provoked a violent response by being a loud mouthed antagonist, and if that is the case, he at least is far from a completely innocent victim. But it would take an awful lot for someone to deserve to be jumped by 6 people, I could hardly imagine a situation that would deserve that.

I've been in 3 real fights in my entire life outside of recreational grappling with training partners. All 3 times I did everything I possibly could to avoid physical confrontation, including turning away from one guy to walk away after he continuously insulted me and tried to provoke me into a fight with him having 4 friends present and me only having one friend at my side. As my back was turned he jumped me and tried to put me in a choke hold with one arm and trying to punch my face with the other. I was able to lean forward first to gain my balance and then I reached around to my side and I got a forearm around his waist and it was game over luckily. I pulled him to my side and twisted to gain leverage, and slammed him to the ground and instead of prolonging the fight and whole situation by going to a ground and pound, I took the 2-3 seconds he was stunned to get up and get the hell out of the situation, running to my truck with my friend already waiting for me. But rest assured, at this point I felt VERY threatened as his friends were helping him get up and they all were charging toward my truck as I sped off through the parking lot. If I would have had a gun at the time, I would have used it if I continued to feel the threat. There is NOTHING fun about being jumped by someone you don't even know for reasons you don't even understand, while being outnumbered and in a very hostile/tense situation.

I certainly didn't mean to sound like I was suggesting to go looking for violence in my previous posts, but rather saying people need to be watching out as I feel the system failed in Jena to keep repeat violent offenders off the street.

The only real injustice is that the people who protested were there helping a thug get freedom he doesn't deserve instead of them protesting to demand the noose hangers have charges filed against them for inciting a riot/violence, or any other potential connected charge they could have come up with.

Old 09-28-2007, 09:08 PM

6,565 posts, read 14,263,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miker2069 View Post
I'm sure the many thousands of people who nearly elected David Duke governor of LA agrees with you.
Where's the "factual based dialogue" in this post??

You know what??? You don't have to be a racist to have a firm belief that a kid who's been convicted now THREE times of battery doesn't deserve a free ride to college as a reward for his transgressions.

Old 09-28-2007, 10:08 PM

1,011 posts, read 3,087,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VAFury View Post

You know what??? You don't have to be a racist to have a firm belief that a kid who's been convicted now THREE times of battery doesn't deserve a free ride to college as a reward for his transgressions.
Of course not.

The racism (partly) shows in the way one chooses to express that belief, though.

Old 09-28-2007, 11:23 PM

1,155 posts, read 3,328,407 times
You gotta love internet tough guys.

20 GAUGE this, PUMP ACTION that, TRIGGER this...please bro!

Someone has been watching too many Rocky and Rambo movies.

If a dumb ass displays a noose, swastika, or whatever....he needs the sh*t kicked out of him. Unfortunately, the kid that
got his head kicked in wasn't involved in the prior incident.

Old 09-29-2007, 12:57 AM

64 posts, read 132,027 times
Can someone tell me why Blacks are 12% of the U.S population but commit 52% of all homicides? No wonder there is not one first world nation with a Black-African majority.

Old 09-29-2007, 05:31 AM

6,762 posts, read 11,602,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyHateMachine View Post
You gotta love internet tough guys.
I only followed up my original post when people started crying that I was being offensive for suggesting people look out for their safety since a violent thug is back on the streets.

Gotta love internet crybabies.

BTW, when in the hell did Rocky ever use a gun? And its been years since I've watched Rambo, but I seem to recall he was more into machine guns, hand grenades, bazookas, bomb tipped arrows, that type of stuff.

Someone needs to research the movies they reference a little better, lol.

Old 09-29-2007, 08:13 AM

6,565 posts, read 14,263,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anchorless View Post
Of course not.

The racism (partly) shows in the way one chooses to express that belief, though.
Point taken.

Old 09-29-2007, 09:07 AM

1,011 posts, read 3,087,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyFromTN View Post
Can someone tell me why Blacks are 12% of the U.S population but commit 52% of all homicides? No wonder there is not one first world nation with a Black-African majority.
There are plenty of journals, articles, studies, and books written on this topic.

If you're so curious as to finding out reasons why (which you're clearly not), you'd go to your local academic library or bookstore. Hell, you might even do a Google or Wikipedia search, look for legitimate studies and authors, and go from there.

You're merely interested in issuing a disingenuous talking point to deflect the conversation and that (poorly) attempts to legitimize your own veiled bigotry. You've already made up your mind on this, haven't you?

Old 09-29-2007, 10:46 AM

Location: Charlotte,NC, US, North America, Earth, Alpha Quadrant,Milky Way Galaxy
3,770 posts, read 7,525,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VAFury View Post

This is not an serial killer, a child predator, or someone who's milked the retirement fund for a cities teacher's union.
What does is it matter, or, why does it bother you so much that others would want to see Bell continue to go to college and have a future.
So would it be a tragedy if Mychal Bell and the other 5 actually receive more than a 10th grade education. It's more desirable to lock him up for 20 years, and emerge as a 36 your old man with a 10th grade education. Nice.

It seems there are those (and not point to you specifically) that want to see Bell and his "type" (aka thugs) locked away forever. Even though it's far more costly to incarnate someone than it would be to educate them (not even mentioning the fact that it's not even public funds that would send him to school in this specific case).

The attitude is very unsurprising to me as the prison system is a very big business and clearly it needs a steady inflow of "customers" to keep it going.

Last edited by Miker2069; 09-29-2007 at 11:05 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies