Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2008, 05:37 AM

2,915 posts, read 3,516,684 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Mate View Post
Why?
Easy....You've got to stay in Highschool, and do well....to have any chance at/in college...
To get into jail....drop out of Highschool and your chances of getting in are greatly improved...
If you and your "social network" "music" "culture" continually mock education...label it as "uncle Tom" behavior...while continually glorifying the ghetto, the gang...the street...then that is precisely what kind of life you will lead....
On the other hand..if you prioritize education...placing it near the top...then you move forward in life....pretty basic actually....
It's a combination of 2 things, 1) there is not much of a father presence at home which means the kid is not taught how to become a man and 2) the MOD CUT black role models thrown out there by the liberal mass media, I mean guys like 50 cent, Akon, Kobe Bryant are role models? It's a wonder EVERY black child doesn't grow up to be a thug, rapist or gang member with this trash being hyped by the media!

Last edited by NewToCA; 03-18-2008 at 10:13 AM.. Reason: find a better term
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2008, 10:05 AM

46 posts, read 104,313 times
"It's the racist white man's fault" is what they tell me (I'm a "whiteboy" apparently). I remind them that I AM a minority here in Los Angeles with only a 1/3 representation and that they decide how the money's spent not me but it seems to have ZERO effect on the deeply ingrained modern liberal entitlement racist ideology they were programmed with since birth by the public school indoctration centers here in LA.

Old 03-18-2008, 10:20 AM

9,847 posts, read 25,243,057 times
Who keeps digging up this dead thread? Let it die already. Urghhh.

Last edited by NooYowkur81; 03-18-2008 at 10:56 AM..

Old 03-26-2008, 02:12 AM

402 posts, read 1,016,157 times
The problem with the black population as a whole is that I think they live in deep denial. Denial of their problems as a race. They don't want to be talked about in a negative light "at all" which leads me to believe is that if you don't accept the problems then change can't come. Statisics as whole to prove a point has some advantages however, it doesn't tell the whole story. I think that most of come up with our opinion of others by experience, media and some knowledge. The fact is because blacks are only 12% of the US population and only 17% of them get higher education...generally most of us are not exposed to enough educated blacks at work, school and etc. My friends kids come home and say things about the black kids at school. Unfortunatly, majority of these black kids come from poor and single family homes so they just don't have the same boundaries. We don't know color, but how does stereo-type and opinion derived?

Old 03-26-2008, 06:28 PM

451 posts, read 310,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
Civil rights advocates say Census Bureau figures are startling

WASHINGTON - More than three times as many black people live in prison cells as in college dorms, the government said in a report to be released Thursday.

The ratio is only slightly better for Hispanics, at 2.7 inmates for every Latino in college housing. Among non-Hispanic whites, more than twice as many live in college housing as in prison or jail.

The numbers, driven by men, do not include college students who live off campus. Previously released census data show that black and Hispanic college students — commuters and those in dorms — far outnumber black and Hispanic prison inmates.

More blacks, Latinos in jail than college dorms - Race & Ethnicity - MSNBC.com

what about red-necks?????

Old 03-27-2008, 01:50 AM

738 posts, read 1,884,305 times
All people must take responsibility for their own actions.
There are always consequences.
You either do it or you don't. 50/50 chance. A gamble. A roll of the dice. Whatever.....

Quit blaming everyone else-take credit where credit is due. (good or bad)
You do the crime????? You get the time!!!!!

Old 03-27-2008, 02:20 AM

252 posts, read 390,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seatown206 View Post
52%? Please use accurate information
That IS accurate! Just look up the FBI crime statistics and you will see. "And the Truth will set you Free"

Old 03-27-2008, 03:34 AM

604 posts, read 1,185,991 times
It's great to see people questioning sources of information. The article cited by the OP contends that 41% of inmates are black and 37% are white. I doubt the standard error of measurement is less than that 4% discrepancy. No matter, I question the validity of any and all of these studies, because none of them control for these variables:

* Blacks and Hispanics were more likely than whites to be sentenced for drug offenses (23% of blacks, 21% of Hispanics, and 15% of whites). Source: Sabol, William J., PhD, Couture, Heather, and Harrison, Paige M., Bureau of Justice Statistics, Prisoners in 2006 (Washington, DC: US Department of Justice, December 2007), NCJ219416, p. 8.

* According to the federal Household Survey, "most current illicit drug users are white. There were an estimated 9.9 million whites (72 percent of all users), 2.0 million blacks (15 percent), and 1.4 million Hispanics (10 percent) who were current illicit drug users in 1998." And yet, blacks constitute 36.8% of those arrested for drug violations, over 42% of those in federal prisons for drug violations. African-Americans comprise almost 58% of those in state prisons for drug felonies; Hispanics account for 20.7%
Source: Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, National Household Survey on Drug Abuse: Summary Report 1998 (Rockville, MD: Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, 1999), p. 13; Bureau of Justice Statistics, Sourcebook of Criminal Justice Statistics 1998 (Washington DC: US Department of Justice, August 1999), p. 343, Table 4.10, p. 435, Table 5.48, and p. 505, Table 6.52; Beck, Allen J., Ph.D. and Mumola, Christopher J., Bureau of Justice Statistics, Prisoners in 1998 (Washington DC: US Department of Justice, August 1999), p. 10, Table 16; Beck, Allen J., PhD, and Paige M. Harrison, US Dept. of Justice, Bureau of Justice Statistics (Washington, DC: US Dept. of Justice, August 2001), p. 11, Table 16.

* Among persons convicted of drug felonies in state courts, whites were less likely than African-Americans to be sent to prison. Thirty-three percent (33%) of convicted white defendants received a prison sentence, while 51% of African-American defendants received prison sentences.
Source: Durose, Matthew R., and Langan, Patrick A., Bureau of Justice Statistics, State Court Sentencing of Convicted Felons, 1998 Statistical Tables (Washington DC: US Department of Justice, December 2001), Table 25, available on the web at http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/bjs/abstract/scsc98st.htm, last accessed December 21, 2001.

Old 03-27-2008, 11:27 AM

762 posts, read 1,596,151 times
I dont know how some of these people know so much about black people (NYLifes2shrt,Mysticaltyger and more) when they probablly met 3 black people in there life. They think of stuff and try to put it as a fact.
Quote:
The problem with the black population as a whole is that I think they live in deep denial
or
Quote:
It seems to me as long as out of wedlock childbearing is the norm (as it is for blacks)
They know more about us (black people) than we know ourselves you guys..... are amazing.

Old 03-27-2008, 02:24 PM

604 posts, read 1,185,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 414Milwaukee View Post
I dont know how some of these people know so much about black people (NYLifes2shrt,Mysticaltyger and more) when they probablly met 3 black people in there life. They think of stuff and try to put it as a fact.
Like or

They know more about us (black people) than we know ourselves you guys..... are amazing.
Amazing indeed. What's even more amazing is the prevalence of this prejudice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies