Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2012, 10:39 AM

11,155 posts, read 29,301,920 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Good question.

Global warming is pretty hard to dispute, considering that the fabled Northwest Passage, the arctic waterway thought to exist, but was found to be completely blocked with over 7 feet of ocean ice. Now, a ship can cross from the Atlantic to the Pacific in clear water for the first time in recorded history.

Duh- of course the Canadians believe in global warming! The Northwest Passage is in Canadian waters!

Global warming has been going on for over 100 years. Earth's climate is getting warmer each passing year, and if humans could have done anything about it, that time has passed. All we can do now is prepare as best we can for it's consequences.
For some reason the nut bags who deny it seem to get comfort by squeezing their eyes shut, putting their hands over their ears and screaming No! No! No! like a 3 year old does.

Stan Rogers - Northwest Passage - YouTube
That is true and we even write songs about the NW passage and what it means to us...some us Canucks think this Stan Rogers song should be named the second offical Canadian anthem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2012, 10:40 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,447,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
Those dependent on industry and who seek more and more luxury will always deny the fact that their life is sustained by pumping waste product into the air and water...I don't care if it is warming or cooling- You don't filth up the planet - get rich and not clean up after yourself- It's that simple...You wanna be rich- get the damned broom out and don't leave a trail of waste product- Global warming deniers are like dogs that crap on the side walk.
yadda yadda yadda. Same old talking points..... Ever heard of this thing called the Sun? Ever hear of a Solar Maximum?

Old 06-29-2012, 10:47 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,814,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
yadda yadda yadda. Same old talking points..... Ever heard of this thing called the Sun? Ever hear of a Solar Maximum?
YOU HAVE THE SAME THINKING POINTS...I was not talking about warming per say- I don't give a damn if you all freeze to death or fry. I was talking about something as simple as curbing pollution- we have lost sight of this- a clean place is better than some place where there is so much dirt in the air that the sun has lots of extra particles to heat... "Yadda Yadda Yadda"....I always hated in articulate lazy language. Kind of like those guys that make quotation marks in the air.

Back in the day we talked about pollution...now it's global warming...The issue is still pollution- I like the term better...oh----------as for Solar Maximum...big deal...that's not the point either- The point is that those who want extra STUFF and luxury- leave a trail of dirt that the tax payer has to clean up.

Old 06-29-2012, 11:23 AM

589 posts, read 850,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post

big amygdala, and small anterior cingulate cortex.

Old 06-29-2012, 11:27 AM

You should be going after China rather than the U.S. or Canada since they will pump out 4 times more pollution than the U.S. by 2020 so in 8 years they will and have no environmental controls unlike the U.S. which has regulations that limit tthe amount of pollution can be put out.

Old 06-29-2012, 11:32 AM

4,991 posts, read 4,503,428 times
America has more believers than Canada and Great Britain in a Jew zombie flying into outerspace who thinks foreskin is icky.

Old 06-29-2012, 11:35 AM

Group think...such an Orwellian term. It might be singular think- When I go north of my city and look back- I do notice that on some days the sky is green- as a kid it was blue. I liked it blue...does that make me some sort of economy destroying fanatic?

No matter what the sun is doing, That big hot ball in the sky has nothing to do with the reality that human beings don't know how to get along with nature- they call nature "the environment" - this disconnect from reality and the natural world is a problem...but I guess all you need is AC- some plastic plants and to hell with the rest------------oh- and that High Def screen that presents the world and nature as perfectly healthy...You are in dream land.

Old 06-29-2012, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
America has more believers than Canada and Great Britain in a Jew zombie flying into outerspace who thinks foreskin is icky.
Highly dumb. AND makes no sense- but to toss the pesky Joooooos into the equation shows a mind that is suffering global warming on the inside of an overly heated skull....What the hell is that about? Oh - I get it- you are one of those things they call a "troll"- So does your mum know that you are not at school today?

Get rid of that poster on your wall- and the tats saying white is right...... so ....foreskin hugh........? icky..? Just real weird bud.

Old 06-29-2012, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Group think...such an Orwellian term. It might be singular think- When I go north of my city and look back- I do notice that on some days the sky is green- as a kid it was blue. I liked it blue...does that make me some sort of economy destroying fanatic?

No matter what the sun is doing, That big hot ball in the sky has nothing to do with the reality that human beings don't know how to get along with nature- they call nature "the environment" - this disconnect from reality and the natural world is a problem...but I guess all you need is AC- some plastic plants and to hell with the rest------------oh- and that High Def screen that presents the world and nature as perfectly healthy...You are in dream land.
Well I guess everyone could go camping and then injest small amount of Magic Mushrooms (Psilocybin mushrooms ) and reflect on nature they are safe, non addictive and the LD50 for a person 160Lbs would need to consume 17 pounds of mushrooms in one sitting to overdose so they are very safe and peole can go outside and reflect on nature.

The National Institute of Drug Abuse-funded study, published in 2006, has been praised by experts for the soundness of its experimental design.[ In the experiment, 36 volunteers without prior experience with hallucinogens were given psilocybin and methylphenidate (Ritalin) in separate sessions; the methylphenidate sessions served as a control and psychoactive placebo.

In the published the results the studies designed to learn more about the optimum psilocybin doses needed for positive life-changing experiences, while minimizing the chance of negative reactions. In a 14-month followup, the researchers found that 94% of the volunteers rated their experiences with the drug as one of the top five most spiritually significant of their lives (44% said it was the single most significant). None of the 90 sessions that took place throughout the study were rated as decreasing well-being or life satisfaction. Moreover, 89% reported positive changes in their behaviors as a result of the experiences.

In these bad times full of tense and divsion we all could use some inner reflection and come away with a positive changes and satisfaction in life and come at things with a new positive outlook..maybe then people will enjoy the beauty of mother nature or when I was 19 and we thad some on while on a fly fishing trip and it turns out it made me see the beauty and enjoy sense of peace of getting away from it all while fishing is better than catching a nice sized Sockeye, Chinook or King salmon in the summer fishing season at my local fishing spot along the Fraser River.

I say lets all forget about poltics and the economy for a day and we all go fishing at your local Lake or River and do forget to get a valid fishing license and go enjoy mother nature. (Magic Mushrooms or a coolers with some ice Cold beer optional)

Old 06-29-2012, 04:01 PM

4,991 posts, read 4,503,428 times
Quote:
Highly dumb. AND makes no sense- but to toss the pesky Joooooos into the equation shows a mind that is suffering global warming on the inside of an overly heated skull....What the hell is that about? Oh - I get it- you are one of those things they call a "troll"- So does your mum know that you are not at school today?

Get rid of that poster on your wall- and the tats saying white is right...... so ....foreskin hugh........? icky..? Just real weird bud.
You're right it is dumb but very true. In other news....

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies