Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2007, 12:04 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,394,406 times

Advertisements

When we criticize Clinton,that doesn't mean we are standing up for Bush,no need to compare the 2 in many regards because since 92 to current we haven't had a good president.

I'm sick of Bush's,I'm sick of Clinton's,and here we go with the possibilty of yet another Clinton.We need a new direction,and the Dems and Repubs in their current state is not it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2007, 12:11 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirvana-Guy View Post
Bill Clinton relied on looks, just like JFK. He sucked as a President. 9/11 is proof of his incompetence of allowing Al-Quaeda to attack the USA over and over again with no consequences.

This may come as quite a shock to you but Bill Clinton was a private citizen on 9/11. Just what was the guy in the White House doing, looking for Saddam spies behind the drapes?

Old 09-28-2007, 01:59 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,394,406 times
just saw this article,40% of the citizens have never known a president other than a Bush or Clinton.

Bush, Clinton, Bush ... Clinton? - Yahoo! News (broken link)

Old 09-28-2007, 02:01 PM

1,354 posts, read 4,581,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyB View Post
Please give me 3 points of substance in the current administration.
3 areas of competency which GWB showed that caused him to be elected.
The guy doesn't even like to work, he takes longer vacations than people on disability.

He was elected as an empty suit on name recognition and corporate money only.
He is an embarrasement who has dragged this country down to new lows on the world stage.

Clinton might have had his faults, but he has more substance in his left ear than Bush has in his whole head. The charisma thing just allows us to look like we can vote for someone semi-competent.
Can I get a hand clapping/standing ovation!

Old 09-28-2007, 02:35 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,312,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
This may come as quite a shock to you but Bill Clinton was a private citizen on 9/11. Just what was the guy in the White House doing, looking for Saddam spies behind the drapes?
As most people know, Clinton had the chance several times to take Bin Laden into custody.

Also, the "guy" in the White House had to work with a cut back CIA and FBI intelligence.

Old 09-28-2007, 02:39 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,312,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyB View Post
Please give me 3 points of substance in the current administration.
3 areas of competency which GWB showed that caused him to be elected.
The guy doesn't even like to work, he takes longer vacations than people on disability.

He was elected as an empty suit on name recognition and corporate money only.
He is an embarrasement who has dragged this country down to new lows on the world stage.

Clinton might have had his faults, but he has more substance in his left ear than Bush has in his whole head. The charisma thing just allows us to look like we can vote for someone semi-competent.
LOL! Clinton had "substance?" The only substance he had he left on Monica's dress!

He gave N. Korea nuclear material, cut our CIA and FBI intelligence and refused to taken Bin Laden into custody when he had the chance and left the country in a recession.
Talk about a real empty suit! More like an empty head!

Old 09-28-2007, 03:28 PM

2,210 posts, read 7,026,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
LOL! Clinton had "substance?" The only substance he had he left on Monica's dress!

He gave N. Korea nuclear material, cut our CIA and FBI intelligence and refused to taken Bin Laden into custody when he had the chance and left the country in a recession.
Talk about a real empty suit! More like an empty head!
Really? - You need to come up with a source better than movie of the week.

1. Bush had to turn face and follow Clintons original plan for N Korea. Took him 6 years, but never mind.
2. At least Clinton stayed awake long enough to read CIA and FBI briefings.
3. There was no real opportunity to take OBL into custody. There was a MAYBE on assasination but verification and legal issues. Pales in comparison to wasting an opportunity at Tora Bora because Dubya was obsessed with Saddam.
4. If you think the 2001 recession was big, look at the financial tsunami that is coming. We are entering a recession right now and it will make the previous one look like a cakewalk. Why? TOWERING NATIONAL DEBT. And all built on Bush and the GOP's watch. Recessions happen. It's what you do with them that counts.

As for 9/11. The responsibility for that lies with OBL and the 19 hijackers. The real question is what did the Gov. do after that?
Oh yeah. Not a lot but invade a completely different country 'cause "that's the guy that wanted to kill my Daddy".
What a grown up.

Old 09-28-2007, 03:37 PM

11,135 posts, read 14,193,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
just saw this article,40% of the citizens have never known a president other than a Bush or Clinton.

Can we just have a Jenna vs Chelsea celebrity death match instead?

Old 09-28-2007, 09:38 PM

1,155 posts, read 1,839,947 times
Angry I told you so

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post

I have to say this, but I told you so. I'm glad the media is picking up on this outrage. It's totally wrong to have two families running the country for all these years. There's something wrong here. People have to wake up.

Old 09-28-2007, 09:43 PM

1,354 posts, read 4,581,754 times
When are Bush supporters going to open their eyes - OMG. Bin Laden - do you really truly believe that America wanted to capture Bin Laden? Bin Laden was a mere excuse for Bush to invade Iraq in retaliation for the sour blood between the Bush family and Hussein families (duh). The whole Clinton could have captured Bin Laden during his tenure is just some b.s. spin to cover their a*ses for not bringing Bin Laden into custody (which they never intended to do from the beginning).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies