Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should Senator John Kerry Take Part In The 25th Vietnam Wall Anniversary Events And Parade.
Yes 17 35.42%
No 30 62.50%
Not Sure 0 0%
I Have To Learn More About What John Kerry Said About Vietnam Veterans. 1 2.08%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2007, 10:51 AM

3,301 posts, read 6,313,311 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by madicarus2000 View Post
Are the vets who want no part of Kerry the ones who just have a blind obedience to government administrations and not the rights and freedoms they "claim" to defend?
John Kerry is a traitor.

Old 09-29-2007, 11:28 AM

68,297 posts, read 54,132,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudCapMarine View Post
John Kerry is a traitor.
When it comes to acts of treason and Vietnam Kerry would be very far down the list of traitors, those who betrayed the country, which should rightly be headed by people like Robert McNamara and others who involved the US in Vietnam with little knowledge/reason and people like William Westmoreland who lied to cover our failings and keep us there.

Old 09-29-2007, 11:52 AM

Default One U.S. Democrat Senator Talks About Democrat John Kerry's Lies About Vietnam Vets

Owens reserved particular contempt for Senator John Kerry and his April 1971 testimony before the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, in which he accused his fellow soldiers of committing widespread atrocities and, essentially, of being war criminals. As Owens indicated, no one denies that atrocities occurred, as they do in all wars.

But, quoting decorated Vietnam veteran and "Fields of Fire" author Senator Jim Webb, "stories of atrocious conduct, repeated in lurid detail by Kerry before the Congress, represented not the typical experience of the American soldier, but its ugly extreme." FrontPage Magazine

Old 09-29-2007, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Owens reserved particular contempt for Senator John Kerry and his April 1971 testimony before the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, in which he accused his fellow soldiers of committing widespread atrocities and, essentially, of being war criminals. As Owens indicated, no one denies that atrocities occurred, as they do in all wars.

But, quoting decorated Vietnam veteran and "Fields of Fire" author Senator Jim Webb, "stories of atrocious conduct, repeated in lurid detail by Kerry before the Congress, represented not the typical experience of the American soldier, but its ugly extreme." FrontPage Magazine

Nothing here says Kerry lied, only that he talked of extremes. That makes him guilty of exactly what? Telling the truth? Geez, mothers hide your children, somebody told the truth, I hope the authorities have been notified

Old 09-29-2007, 01:07 PM

20,170 posts, read 24,264,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Nothing here says Kerry lied, only that he talked of extremes. That makes him guilty of exactly what? Telling the truth? Geez, mothers hide your children, somebody told the truth, I hope the authorities have been notified
He told part of the truth -- as Webb said, the small, hateful, extreme part. But he helped promulgate the fiction that his lurid, second-hand hearsay was characterisitc of our troops in Vietnam. You may respect him for that; many veterans - myself among them -- do not, and consider him an embellisher and opportunist.

I would hope that your metaphorical mothers are honest enough to point that out to their children, as well.

Old 09-29-2007, 01:09 PM

6 posts, read 11,025 times
Angry Get Him Out

All In Ma Need To Get Him Out For Good.. And No Vet's Rally's Need Him There..never..

Old 09-29-2007, 01:23 PM

Default he sat in a car and let anyone who wanted to throw rotten fruit at him

Quote:
Senator John Kerry In Another Fight With Vets...

New controversy surrounding Senator John Kerry and other Vietnam Veterans.

John Kerry Was Invited To Help In The 25th Vietnam Wall Anniversary Preparation. And many Vietnam Veterans want no part of John Kerry.
Please turn on your computer's speakers.

John Kerry Invited To Help In The 25th Vietnam Wall Anniversary Preparation

Below is a great idea! I wish I thought of that when I set up the polls. Only if John Kerry and Jane Fonda rode in convertibles.
Semper Fi
Jack

Quoting decorated Vietnam veteran and "Fields of Fire" author (Democrat) U.S. Senator Jim Webb of Virginia, "stories of atrocious conduct, repeated in lurid detail by Kerry before the Congress, represented not the typical experience of the American soldier, but its ugly extreme." FrontPage Magazine FrontPage Magazine Senator Webb also should have commented on all the other times, John Kerry made these same statements before the America News Media cameras and reporters.

Chandler Knowles:

I voted no, but I could see him participating under certain circumstances.

If he sat in a car and let anyone who wanted to throw rotten fruit at him -- or maybe with a sign around his neck with one of several possible wordings.

I think Vets should be able to tell him to his face what they think of him.

Jane Fonda could show up for the same reason.

CK

Semper Fidelis

Visit Your Group thefew : Marines, FMF Corpsmen and Seabees

Old 09-29-2007, 01:45 PM

Default Vietnam Veterans Legacy Foundation

When John Kerry slandered an entire generation of men who fought in Vietnam he branded them as "war criminals." Today, much of the same thing is being said about our young men and women in Iraq. Vietnam Veterans Legacy Foundation
HELP THE VIETNAM VETERANS LEGACY FOUNDATION

Vietnam Veterans Legacy Foundation

is an organization created to better educate and inform the public about the Vietnam War, its events, its history, and the men and women who sacrificed to serve their country.

Learn about our mission...
Mission Statement

Old 09-29-2007, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
He told part of the truth -- as Webb said, the small, hateful, extreme part. But he helped promulgate the fiction that his lurid, second-hand hearsay was characterisitc of our troops in Vietnam. You may respect him for that; many veterans - myself among them -- do not, and consider him an embellisher and opportunist.

I would hope that your metaphorical mothers are honest enough to point that out to their children, as well.

Like you admit, although partial he at least told the truth. If people want to throw accusations of treaon and being a traitor around I'll nominate William Westmoreland among others, he lied and betrayed the trust the country put in him. If Kerry is to be branded a traitor for merely speaking partial truth then Westmoreland should have been hung as a traitor for the problems his lies caused. And is it too late to try McNamara for war crimes?

Old 09-29-2007, 02:11 PM

Default Here's more details about the Vietnam Veterans Legacy Foundation

Here's more details about the Vietnam Veterans Legacy Foundation

The below listed foundation is a great source for information about everything to do with the Vietnam War and after the war... Some people are trying to keep the truth from getting out. You can read the evidence at: Vietnam Veterans Legacy Foundation

Col. George E. "Bud" Day serves as the VVLF's President. Col. Day served in World War II, the Korean War, and the Vietnam War, and is America's most highly decorated living combat veteran. Shot down over North Vietnam on August 26, 1967, he spent more than five years as a Prisoner of War.

Col. Day was the only POW to escape from prison in North Vietnam, only to be recaptured by the North Vietnamese in the South. Col. Day has received nearly 70 military decorations and awards, the most notable being the Medal of Honor. Currently, Col. Day is a practicing attorney in Florida, specializing in profound injury and death litigation cases and military law.

About us

When John Kerry slandered an entire generation of men who fought in Vietnam he branded them as "war criminals." Today, much of the same thing is being said about our young men and women in Iraq. Vietnam Veterans Legacy Foundation

Vietnam Veterans Legacy Foundation

is an organization created to better educate and inform the public about the Vietnam War, its events, its history, and the men and women who sacrificed to serve their country. About us

Learn about our mission... Mission Statement
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.