Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should Senator John Kerry Take Part In The 25th Vietnam Wall Anniversary Events And Parade.
Yes 17 35.42%
No 30 62.50%
Not Sure 0 0%
I Have To Learn More About What John Kerry Said About Vietnam Veterans. 1 2.08%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2007, 09:32 AM

3,301 posts, read 6,312,882 times

Advertisements

John Kerry never stops trying. He thinks only the Swift Boat Sailors are the only Vietnam Veterans against him.
No one really cares what he did in Vietnam. It is what he did after he returned that has Vietnam Vets against him...

John Kerry: I'm Now Prepared to Fight Off Swift Boat Veterans
Tuesday, November 06, 2007

FOXNews.com - John Kerry: I'm Now Prepared to Fight Off Swift Boat Veterans - Politics | Republican Party | Democratic Party | Political Spectrum

Massachusetts Sen. John Kerry, perhaps preparing to get back into the presidential ring one day, claims he's now armed with materials that will make war record critics from his 2004 presidential campaign go running tail between legs.

The 63-year-old Democratic senator told The Patriot-Ledger on Tuesday that the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth, a group of Navy servicemen who served with Kerry and criticized his record in Vietnam, will be revealed as liars.

Old 11-12-2007, 09:44 AM

Default The Patriot-Ledger Article

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudCapMarine View Post
John Kerry never stops trying. He thinks only the Swift Boat Sailors are the only Vietnam Veterans against him.
No one really cares what he did in Vietnam. It is what he did after he returned that has Vietnam Vets against him...

John Kerry: I'm Now Prepared to Fight Off Swift Boat Veterans
Tuesday, November 06, 2007

FOXNews.com - John Kerry: I'm Now Prepared to Fight Off Swift Boat Veterans - Politics | Republican Party | Democratic Party | Political Spectrum

Massachusetts Sen. John Kerry, perhaps preparing to get back into the presidential ring one day, claims he's now armed with materials that will make war record critics from his 2004 presidential campaign go running tail between legs.

The 63-year-old Democratic senator told The Patriot-Ledger on Tuesday that the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth, a group of Navy servicemen who served with Kerry and criticized his record in Vietnam, will be revealed as liars.
Here's the The Patriot-Ledger article.
WEB EXTRA / Kerry says he’ll be ready next time

I wish Kerry ran this election. Hillary would have ate him up. Even John Edwards would be kicking his tail.

Old 11-12-2007, 10:24 AM

12,669 posts, read 20,403,046 times
Proudcapmarine,
Where the heck ya been? Great job keeping up on the Kerry situation!
He needs to go down!
I wonder what earth shattering info he could possibly have that would change the fact that he went against fellow soldiers with lies.

Old 11-12-2007, 10:44 AM

3,074 posts, read 4,713,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirvana-Guy View Post
I agree. Kerry is not a veteran who helped other Vietnam vets. Kerry attacked their reputations, caused the country to accuse people they knew NOTHING of, and rolled the names of many good Vietnam veterans so he could score political points.

Kerry is a disgusting opportunistic villain. I hope some Vietnam veteran spits on him if he shows up for the parade. He should be spit on for all the spits many good and honorable Vietnam vets received because of Kerry's propaganda against the Vietnam Vets.

Awesome post...........Thank you...

Old 11-12-2007, 10:57 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,165,775 times
Kerry is what he is. A career politician. Words not associated with politicians also cannot be associated with Kerry.
Honor
Honest
Trust worthy
Truthful
integrety
Respectable
Words that we can associate with Politicians and John Kerry
Liars
opprotunists
corrupt
deceitful
inept
Hypocrit
condensending
Thief
immorale

Old 11-12-2007, 12:21 PM

8,425 posts, read 12,141,237 times
Default Get Real!

Kerry volunteered, for service, volunteered for Viet Nam, won a purple heart and was honorably discharged. There's no getting around that and he merits any of the benefits given to veterans.

Old 11-12-2007, 01:26 PM

4,688 posts, read 10,076,213 times
Yikes. Soem of you really need to move on. So Kerry volunteered for service, by all accounts served honorably and exceptionally (as his service records indicate in real-time). He came back and exercised the free speech rights he enjoys as an American. And in his testimony to Congress, he relayed tales other soldiers told him. Even if some of those soldiers gave Kerry bogus stories, there are plenty of documented atrocities that did happen, as one could expect in an environment like that.

I understand some of you feel that US veterans shouldn't be allowed to vocalize views different than your own. But, considering its Veterans Day, and Kerry is both a veteran and a Senator who has fought considerably for veterans benefits in Congress, he had every right to be there.

Old 11-12-2007, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
Proudcapmarine,
Where the heck ya been? Great job keeping up on the Kerry situation!
He needs to go down!
I wonder what earth shattering info he could possibly have that would change the fact that he went against fellow soldiers with lies.
They banned me for a while. They said I was advertising my non-profit websites.

My sites sell nothing... But opinions.

Old 11-12-2007, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manigault View Post
Kerry volunteered, for service, volunteered for Viet Nam, won a purple heart and was honorably discharged. There's no getting around that and he merits any of the benefits given to veterans.
Kerry is a traitor for what he did, when he returned from Vietnam and he should be charged accordingly.

Old 11-13-2007, 08:13 AM

4,688 posts, read 10,076,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudCapMarine View Post
Kerry is a traitor for what he did, when he returned from Vietnam and he should be charged accordingly.
Proudcap, drop the hyperbole. He said things you don't agree with. It's free speech, it's what he, and you I'm assuming, have fought for.

That's the country we live in, buddy. You can say things that don't jive with the ProudCapMarine worldview, and not end up in jail. I tend to think that's a good thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.