Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2012, 03:09 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times

Advertisements

Yes, Eleanor Holmes Norton is proclaiming that the NRA is responsible for Fast and Furious. I think she thinks she can prove that but being from Crazy Town won't allow many to believe her. I was afraid to post this one here since Ms. Norton is not a white woman but whom cares if someone calls me racist for posting something that is the truth, the story, that is. I do wonder if this is a last ditch effort by Democrats to cover up for AG Holder.

De. Eleanor Holmes Norton (D-Crazy Town) Says NRA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2012, 03:46 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,937,957 times
I've been hearing this also, what a joke!!! Our government "shipped" those guns, they were not bought from gun dealer's, does she really think people are that stupid.

THE IGNORANT AMERICAN ERIC HOLDER AUTHORIZES SELLINGS WEAPONS TO THE MEXICAN DRUG CARTEL - YouTube

Old 06-29-2012, 03:48 PM

5,036 posts, read 5,137,483 times
Fine. Now lets get all the documents released so we can find out EVERYTHING. Oh wait, the Left doesnt want that. Gee, I wonder why........

Surely they must be covering up for someone outside of Obama's Admin, or the NRA even /s

Old 06-29-2012, 03:53 PM

11,155 posts, read 29,319,643 times
The war on drugs is the cause for the Cartel drug wars so why don't we just end the war on drugs make them legal and tax them and then solve the cause of the problem..

there would be no need for fas tand furious type operations or walking guns across the border and it would stop the cross border firefights splilling over into the U.S. and increase the saftey of our men and women Border Patrol Guards and immigration officers.

the war on drugs is the cause of these problems and after 40 years of it failing it is starting get innocent people killed and puts borders towns at risk and yet drug use has gone up not down and the Cartels are making Billions while we spend Billions of tax doolers trying in a failed program to stop them.

Old 06-29-2012, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOlover View Post
The war on drugs is the cause for the Cartel drug wars so why don't we just end the war on drugs make them legal and tax them and then solve the cause of the problem..

there would be no need for fas tand furious type operations or walking guns across the border and it would stop the cross border firefights splilling over into the U.S. and increase the saftey of our men and women Border Patrol Guards and immigration officers.

the war on drugs is the cause of these problems and after 40 years of it failing it is starting get innocent people killed and puts borders towns at risk and yet drug use has gone up not down and the Cartels are making Billions while we spend Billions of tax doolers trying in a failed program to stop them.
We have obviously fought the war on drugs wrong for the past two decades at least. Its sad really. But I think the best thing we couldve done, is more to secure our borders. That wouldnt have stopped the flow, but it wouldve helped greatly. Yet no President nor Congress has made any real attempt to secure our borders.

Too afraid of being called a racist? I dont get it. With a nation as great as ours, in the world we live in, that should be are number one goal. Protect this nation and its people by securing the damn borders.

Old 06-29-2012, 04:00 PM

Quote:

If some of these drugs werent so dangerous, Id be all for legalizing them. Perhaps it would help put an end to the power Cartels have but we really dont know what affect it would have on our own society. Itd be strange to walk around and seeing people getting high in public, injecting themselves with needles. I dont know, itd be a big risk but at the same time, we do legalize alcohol and tobacco. Look at the amount of people killed by those drugs every year. Its sickening.

Old 06-29-2012, 04:31 PM

10,029 posts, read 8,346,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Yes, Eleanor Holmes Norton is proclaiming that the NRA is responsible for Fast and Furious. I think she thinks she can prove that but being from Crazy Town won't allow many to believe her. I was afraid to post this one here since Ms. Norton is not a white woman but whom cares if someone calls me racist for posting something that is the truth, the story, that is. I do wonder if this is a last ditch effort by Democrats to cover up for AG Holder.

De. Eleanor Holmes Norton (D-Crazy Town) Says NRA
People really are that stupid. Look at the threads blaming the NRA right here on this forum.

Old 06-29-2012, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
If some of these drugs werent so dangerous, Id be all for legalizing them. Perhaps it would help put an end to the power Cartels have but we really dont know what affect it would have on our own society. Itd be strange to walk around and seeing people getting high in public, injecting themselves with needles. I dont know, itd be a big risk but at the same time, we do legalize alcohol and tobacco. Look at the amount of people killed by those drugs every year. Its sickening.
Drugs have FDA approved cartels with Big Pharma that can get people hooked on hard opiate based pain killers and use TV ad's and free samples I mean look at how OxyContin was oushed and now more abused then crack or meth and their are legal FDA approved big pharma drug delers and illegal drug cartels but both are in the busines of selling drugs to make huge profits off them... so making them legal would have no effect peole will do drugs no matter if the are legal or illegal.

they way to stop drug addiction is trough education and for the funding for treatment for people that want to get into rehab and stop using them and ther will alays be the ones that will be to addicted or justmplain do not want to stop using them so ther is nothing you can do for them.

But here is some info on Oxycontin and how they are no diffrent then the Cartels just one has lobby groups and better marketing with TV and tons of free samples at for doctors to hand out.

OxyContin is the brand name of a time-release formula of oxycodone produced by the pharmaceutical company Purdue Pharma. It was approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration in 1995 and first introduced to the U.S. market in 1996.

By 2001, OxyContin was the best-selling non-generic narcotic pain reliever in the U.S.; 2008 sales in the U.S. totaled $2.5 billion. An analysis of data from the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration found that retail sales of oxycodone "jumped nearly six-fold between 1997 and 2005".[

Critics have accused Purdue Pharma of putting profits ahead of public interest by applying "significant political pressure" to attempt to reverse South Carolina's requiring prior approval before a person with Medicaid can receive the drug;for "fail[ing] to adequately warn consumers of the risks" of OxyContin such as dependence; and for promoting the drug "aggressively" and by means such as "promotional beach hats, pedometers and swing-music CDs".

In May 2007 Purdue Pharma "agreed to pay $19.5 million" in fines relating to aggressive off-label marketing practices of OxyContin in 26 states and the District of Columbia.

In specific, the company encouraged dosing more frequent than the recommended interval of 12 hours, and did not fully disclose the risk of hazardous or harmful use.

Later in May 2007 Purdue Pharma and three of its top executives pled guilty in a Virginia federal court to charges that they misbranded OxyContin by representing it to have "less euphoric effect and less abuse potential" than it actually has, and by claiming that people taking the drug at low doses could stop taking it suddenly without symptoms of withdrawal.

The FDA had not approved these claims. The company and the executives were to pay $634 million in fines for felony and misdemeanor misbranding.

Advertisements in professional publications and medical journals have been consistent, touting the drug “as a safer alternative to even Aspirin and Tylenol and good for anyone who needed pain relief for ‘several days’ or more.”

Advertisements in Monthly Prescribing Reference reiterate these claims by emphasizing OxyContin’s flexibility in regards to its dosage strength. In addition to the zealous advertisements, the National Post revealed in 2011 that the company promoted the brand through “a textbook, website and presentations by paid experts that encouraged more liberal prescribing of opioids, based on debatable evidence.

Old 06-29-2012, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Drugs have FDA approved cartels with Big Pharma that can get people hooked on hard opiate based pain killers and use TV ad's and free samples I mean look at how OxyContin was oushed and now more abused then crack or meth and their are legal FDA approved big pharma drug delers and illegal drug cartels but both are in the busines of selling drugs to make huge profits off them... so making them legal would have no effect peole will do drugs no matter if the are legal or illegal.

they way to stop drug addiction is trough education and for the funding for treatment for people that want to get into rehab and stop using them and ther will alays be the ones that will be to addicted or justmplain do not want to stop using them so ther is nothing you can do for them.

But here is some info on Oxycontin and how they are no diffrent then the Cartels just one has lobby groups and better marketing with TV and tons of free samples at for doctors to hand out.

OxyContin is the brand name of a time-release formula of oxycodone produced by the pharmaceutical company Purdue Pharma. It was approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration in 1995 and first introduced to the U.S. market in 1996.

By 2001, OxyContin was the best-selling non-generic narcotic pain reliever in the U.S.; 2008 sales in the U.S. totaled $2.5 billion. An analysis of data from the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration found that retail sales of oxycodone "jumped nearly six-fold between 1997 and 2005".[

Critics have accused Purdue Pharma of putting profits ahead of public interest by applying "significant political pressure" to attempt to reverse South Carolina's requiring prior approval before a person with Medicaid can receive the drug;for "fail[ing] to adequately warn consumers of the risks" of OxyContin such as dependence; and for promoting the drug "aggressively" and by means such as "promotional beach hats, pedometers and swing-music CDs".

In May 2007 Purdue Pharma "agreed to pay $19.5 million" in fines relating to aggressive off-label marketing practices of OxyContin in 26 states and the District of Columbia.

In specific, the company encouraged dosing more frequent than the recommended interval of 12 hours, and did not fully disclose the risk of hazardous or harmful use.

Later in May 2007 Purdue Pharma and three of its top executives pled guilty in a Virginia federal court to charges that they misbranded OxyContin by representing it to have "less euphoric effect and less abuse potential" than it actually has, and by claiming that people taking the drug at low doses could stop taking it suddenly without symptoms of withdrawal.

The FDA had not approved these claims. The company and the executives were to pay $634 million in fines for felony and misdemeanor misbranding.

Advertisements in professional publications and medical journals have been consistent, touting the drug “as a safer alternative to even Aspirin and Tylenol and good for anyone who needed pain relief for ‘several days’ or more.”

Advertisements in Monthly Prescribing Reference reiterate these claims by emphasizing OxyContin’s flexibility in regards to its dosage strength. In addition to the zealous advertisements, the National Post revealed in 2011 that the company promoted the brand through “a textbook, website and presentations by paid experts that encouraged more liberal prescribing of opioids, based on debatable evidence.
I cant argue with that. Hell, im a smoker, and ive been trying to quit on and off for years, but I hate admit it, its kicking my butt. Maybe im just weak willed to allow such a thing such power over me but its got a grip on me like nothing else. So much where part of me just doesnt want to give it up. I cant imagine what id do with some free time or breaks or after eating or in the morning if I didnt smoke. Thats how bad it can be. Ill say thats it im done, but before you know it next thing im in the car on the way to the store.

Anyways, youre right about Oxycotin. I think thats what Rush got addicted to and abused and ive seen someone first hand become addicted to it after taking it for medical reasons.

Id love to crush the Cartels. Besides Al Qaeda, ive never seen such a ruthless evil group of people. The things they do are absolutely horrific. Perhaps if that meant legalizing drugs, maybe we should try it. Itd be a risky experiment but I think we are at the point that we need to try something else. I say it cautiously but I think we should legalize drugs. Not because I condone them, I dont, but what else can we do at this point.

Old 06-29-2012, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
I cant argue with that. Hell, im a smoker, and ive been trying to quit on and off for years, but I hate admit it, its kicking my butt. Maybe im just weak willed to allow such a thing such power over me but its got a grip on me like nothing else. So much where part of me just doesnt want to give it up. I cant imagine what id do with some free time or breaks or after eating or in the morning if I didnt smoke. Thats how bad it can be. Ill say thats it im done, but before you know it next thing im in the car on the way to the store.

Anyways, youre right about Oxycotin. I think thats what Rush got addicted to and abused and ive seen someone first hand become addicted to it after taking it for medical reasons.

Id love to crush the Cartels. Besides Al Qaeda, ive never seen such a ruthless evil group of people. The things they do are absolutely horrific. Perhaps if that meant legalizing drugs, maybe we should try it. Itd be a risky experiment but I think we are at the point that we need to try something else. I say it cautiously but I think we should legalize drugs. Not because I condone them, I dont, but what else can we do at this point.
I 100% agree we tried the current way of fighting for the last 40 years and time to think about trying a whole new way we approach drug abuse and addiction.

Because as the massive abuse of oxtcontin shows that even Rx drugs can be just as bad as for being abused and we need to deal with the addiction side of it and that is best done by education.

Imagine if tommrow the Govronment banned Cigarettes and made it a felony offense to posses tobacco and you see why we need to fight the addiction side Rather the drugs themselfs bsince peoplechoose to start smoking or choose not to but today the Reason smoking has dropped off by 50% is because of education and Tv ad's that show the side effects.

So far the way we used mass media and a huge push in education on the side effects of smoking the more and more people quit and no more than ever kids decide to never try smoking..compared to when I was their age smoking was huge but it did work and is could be the frame work we use to combat drug addiction also.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies