Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2012, 06:32 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,251,465 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eRayP View Post
There is more bad news. On January 1, 2013 - More taxes for everyday middle Americans

1. Americans will see the tax on their first $8,700 of income jump from a 10% rate to 15% rate.

2. Do both mom and dad have to work to make ends. Bad news, the marriage penalty will be back into effect - Higher taxes for double income families.

3. Child credit will expire from reducing your deduction from $1000.00 per child to only $500.00 per child.

Roll those changes up and a family filing as married with two children making $50,000, will see their taxes increase by basically $2,700

That is an extra $112.50 per paycheck or $225.00 MORE per month of your income that goes to taxes.
Yeah, and none of those taxes are involved in Obamacare, either. Mom and I will just get to pay them unless we get a divorce. I wonder how many people have forgotten that marriage tax since they didn't have to pay it for some time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2012, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by d4g4m View Post
The list of seven should have also included 'excise tax on medical equipment/devices'
Crutches, braces, walkers, canes, wheelchairs, portable oxygen, hospital type beds, catheders, and any other equipment you would purchase at a medical supply store.
This tax applies to everyone, no matter your income. 'Not one single dime increase'. ????

But, but, but, Obama said not one single dime. Now we are finding just how big that lie was.

Old 06-30-2012, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Just who has Obama "eliminated" so far? And don't tell me Breitbart.
You didn't think the Clintons did that but I am sure they did and were sure glad to have other things take people's minds off the poor souls they sent to heaven.

Old 06-30-2012, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
"Hey Mortimer, we have been offering our employees insurance for decades."

"Indeed, Randolph. Makes it possible to attract and retain talent."

"Well, we should stop doing so now."

"I am not sure I follow, Randolph. Why is that an attractive option all of a sudden?"

"Because now - get this - now with the passage of PPACA, we will finally get penalized for doing so."

"Not sure I quite follow, old bean? Changing a sound business practice for the chance of paying government penalties is a good idea?"

"Yes, Mortimer! We will cut compensation to the employees across the board, p.ss off the workforce, drive our best people into the arms of our competitors. Sure, we could have done that all the time, but now - now, we will get to pay government penalties that won't benefit us in the slightest. It's a like a dream come true!"

"Ehm - Randolph? Are you quite well?"
What wing of the Democrat party do these two dummies belong to.

I just asked my son today how much his employer tells him they pay every month for his health insurance plan they provide and he said $800. They consider that part of his monthly pay to go along with the about $200 he pays from his check. Now you tell me how they lose money by paying a $2000 fine for taking the policy away from their employees. They pay nearly $10,000 per employee now and they will save all that and pay a $2000 fine. Somehow I can't understand how your boys think.

Old 06-30-2012, 06:49 PM

7,480 posts, read 6,251,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
fair share of taxes???
Where have we heard this phrase?

Old 06-30-2012, 07:16 PM

9,617 posts, read 6,059,788 times
Roy...the Cadillac policy tax has a yearly threshold of $10,000, when that tax kicks in 2018. Imagine how many people are going to have 'bracket creep' on their insurance policy, with inflation we'll have between now and 2018, putting them in the Cadillac category. Taxes are about to rain down on the entire middle class.

The only solution is less coverage for less cost, to prevent riding in the expensive Caddillac. Amazing how the fair share crowd don't do even the most basic math before spouting off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post

I just asked my son today how much his employer tells him they pay every month for his health insurance plan they provide and he said $800. They consider that part of his monthly pay to go along with the about $200 he pays from his check. Now you tell me how they lose money by paying a $2000 fine for taking the policy away from their employees. They pay nearly $10,000 per employee now and they will save all that and pay a $2000 fine. Somehow I can't understand how your boys think.

Old 06-30-2012, 08:17 PM

33,547 posts, read 18,140,185 times
Obama is sucking the life out of the economy and now the wallets of all Americans.

Old 07-01-2012, 08:42 AM

5,466 posts, read 4,420,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy

I've been saying this all along. Don't follow like a heard of cattle because you are being told No tax increase on the middle class, it is a lie.

There is an arrogance in this administration. They are pandering to groups of people, blacks, illegals, women, and of course the uneducated voter. And if you believed him when he said the no tax increase on the middle class you are the uneducated voter that he is counting on and he thinks your in his pocket.

Last edited by eRayP; 07-01-2012 at 08:58 AM..

Old 07-01-2012, 09:08 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,436,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
But, but, but, Obama said not one single dime. Now we are finding just how big that lie was.

But he's right. It's not "a single dime"; it's hundreds, if not thousands of dollars

Old 07-01-2012, 09:14 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,436,896 times
Go ahead, sell that home as you near retirement. Not everyone is underwater you know.
Now that gain, plus your salary makes you "rich" and 3.8% of that richness goes off to DC.

People who played their cards right for decades and are ready to cash out for retirement will be redistributing some of their accumulated wealth.

Oh and it will happen because the boomers are entering retirement age. Not everyone flipped and bought homes in 2007 at inflated prices and are now underwater.

You've got 1.5 years to prepare for this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies