Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2013, 06:29 AM

4,278 posts, read 5,177,391 times

Advertisements

No. She is a traitor and should always be remembered as a traitor. She was no "babe in the woods" but well educated from a good family and knew exactly what she was doing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2013, 07:50 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffdoorgunner View Post
What would it matter to you?? you think we are all baby killers and anyone who does claim to be a vet and any thing he says about that war are all lies to people like you...... which is probably why he will not answer your questions. and you said any vets you met? when did they serve? where were they stationed? what was their MOS? Did they tell you about all the atrocities they saw committed???
Oh Gawd....we aren't going back to the "baby killer" (another popular fable) nonsense again, are we?

Vietnam is O-V-E-R....move on. Geez. How much longer are you guys gonna keep this nonsense up?

Old 01-28-2013, 10:31 AM

7,473 posts, read 4,015,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Oh Gawd....we aren't going back to the "baby killer" (another popular fable) nonsense again, are we?

Vietnam is O-V-E-R....move on. Geez. How much longer are you guys gonna keep this nonsense up?

Yes. you again.......I see you totally ignored my links to proof of that in the other thread.Is ignoring or blocking out something that actually happened a part of your life learning experience?Or do you just prefer to see your Personal warped percetion of "truth"?

For the perhaps 800,000 of us nam vets that are left.... I do not think it will ever"be over".
Is that another one of your percetions that you think the rest of the world should see as you do???

Old 01-28-2013, 05:05 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,477,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffdoorgunner View Post
you really got caught up in the "winter soldier" lies didn't you??
You know, I was born in 1975 and there has been a major shift in the last 10-20 years that I can't fail to notice.

As a kid, I never once heard anyone, especially not a Vietnam veteran, deny that American atrocities in Vietnam were actually real, no matter what their point of view on the war or politics in general were. The most you might hear in the 1980's was "well, the other side was just as bad."

At some point--but I myself first noticed it around the time of the Kerry campaign in 2004--it came to be acceptable to rewrite history and pretend that atrocity stories were slander. I wondered how any semi-informed person could be taken in by this. There was no new scholarship on Vietnam to base any of this on, but it was thereafter, for some reason, bad form to talk about anything like that. I don't know if it was a post-9/11 hangover or what, but it certainly vindicated Orwell.

Old 01-28-2013, 05:25 PM

1,546 posts, read 2,552,038 times
No

Old 01-28-2013, 07:38 PM

7,473 posts, read 4,015,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
You know, I was born in 1975 and there has been a major shift in the last 10-20 years that I can't fail to notice.

As a kid, I never once heard anyone, especially not a Vietnam veteran, deny that American atrocities in Vietnam were actually real, no matter what their point of view on the war or politics in general were. The most you might hear in the 1980's was "well, the other side was just as bad."

At some point--but I myself first noticed it around the time of the Kerry campaign in 2004--it came to be acceptable to rewrite history and pretend that atrocity stories were slander. I wondered how any semi-informed person could be taken in by this. There was no new scholarship on Vietnam to base any of this on, but it was thereafter, for some reason, bad form to talk about anything like that. I don't know if it was a post-9/11 hangover or what, but it certainly vindicated Orwell.
I was alluding to the facts brought to light about the winter soldier people who tryed to coerce ex-soldiers.. some of whom had not even served in vietnam to make statements saying they had witnessed atrocities on a grand scale by american soldiers. Kerry was very much one of the "silver tongued individuals who tried to get these guys to bend the truth or even lie about it.
As to american soldiers committing atrocities,I would be the first to admit there were. I personally did not see any.I heard some stories,but nothing of that kind was done by anyone I served with.

Old 09-06-2020, 09:52 AM

35,699 posts, read 21,049,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
No. Some things are unforgivable.
Young voters do not know who that is... irrelevant-- to most. this is the main problem with old folks- they can't move forward. What was a horrible thing back then, has no place in the future. STOP living in the past,,, the young people do no longer want to live there, one reason they destroyed the statues--- they want a new world

Old 09-06-2020, 09:54 AM

34,231 posts, read 18,575,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joebaldknobber View Post
Who cares about Jane Fonda? She has never crossed my mind.

She is a neurotic great grandmother.
My thoughts exactly. She is irrelevant like Streisand, Milano, Rob Reiner, Sarah Silverman, Amy Schumer, etc.

Old 09-06-2020, 10:30 AM

5,821 posts, read 5,303,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Young voters do not know who that is... irrelevant-- to most. this is the main problem with old folks- they can't move forward. What was a horrible thing back then, has no place in the future. STOP living in the past,,, the young people do no longer want to live there, one reason they destroyed the statues--- they want a new world
If You Are Not a Liberal at 25, You Have No Heart. If You Are Not a Conservative at 35 You Have No Brain

“Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it”

Will you ever forgive Hanoi Jane?-t-s.jpg

Old 09-06-2020, 10:32 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,413,299 times
Jane crossed the line
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies