Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-12-2012, 02:32 PM

13,290 posts, read 15,262,527 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Why?

IF you claim abortion is MURRRRDERRRRRR!!!.

Then it is in ALL abortions....
Maybe it's ok to murder people with mental or physical problems
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2012, 02:46 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,113,650 times
Quote:
No, it's , "Woman-hater" - someone who believes women should be punished(to the point of death) for having enjoyed sex. Someone who spouts off about the "sanctity" of life but doesn't want a penny of their taxes going to feed poor kids. Someone who places more importance on a clump of cells than they do on living breathing humans. Someone who is ignorant enough to believe that human nature can be changed (mocking their "god")
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Do women who believe in the sanctity of life hate themselves?
Quote:
I never posted that so I don't know why you quoted me.

IF you're trying to say that women can't be misogynists than you would be wrong. Women, just like men, can be nasty, hateful, vengeful, jealous .... Anti-Choice/Anti-Women. WOMEN-Haters
Quote:
You use "woman hater" to describe anyone who opposes abortion. It seems that you want to make the abortion debate a gender war issue""""

No.

It isn't women v. men...

But ANYONE who opposes women having the right to abortion hates women....it has been proven in abortion thread after abortion thread, Anti-Choicers are ONLY interested in punishing women, one poster even posted that if a woman who had an illegal abortion and died from it she DESERVED to die.

A WOMAN posted THAT!

""" - however there are plenty of women who are pro-life. Since in your mind pro-life = woman hater - I wanted to know if you think that pro-life women hate themselves.

If that is not what you think - then it would seem that you should find a better choice of words.
I explained several times in English, if you can't comprehend it, that's not MY problem and I don't care...

Old 07-12-2012, 02:48 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,113,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
Maybe it's ok to murder people with mental or physical problems
Or murder babies whose mothers DIDN'T enjoy the sex.....THAT's what it's all about....

Old 07-12-2012, 02:52 PM

29,095 posts, read 25,956,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
So where DO the rights come from?
They are endowed by our Creator - read the Declaration of Independence.

If you give the government the power to create rights then there is no end to the power that it can wield. The only way to live freely is to understand that we are born with certain rights - that cannot be taken away from us - and that those rights are few in number - and the only role of government is to secure them. Among them are life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. Many of our other rights are identified and protected by the first ten amendments. The reason most people never think about repealing those is because they recognize that much of what is protected by them are unalienable.

There is no exhaustive list - but neither is there carte blanche to make up rights - the ones protected by the Constitution early on are what people commonly understood to be considered as rights. People have been sold a false idea of the role of government - and our history is no longer accurately taught in America. Also - the word "right" is misunderstood - and is used many times when it is inappropriate - sometimes it can lose its meaning when abused.

Making up a right to privacy does not fall under the role of securing rights.

Old 07-12-2012, 03:01 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,012,670 times
Quote:
They are endowed by our Creator - read the Declaration of Independence.

If you give the government the power to create rights then there is no end to the power that it can wield. The only way to live freely is to understand that we are born with certain rights - that cannot be taken away from us - and that those rights are few in number - and the only role of government is to secure them. Among them are life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. Many of our other rights are identified and protected by the first ten amendments. The reason most people never think about repealing those is because they recognize that much of what is protected by them are unalienable. There is no exhaustive list - but neither is there carte blance to make up rights - the ones protected by the Constitution early on are what people commonly understood to be considered as rights People have been sold a false idea of the role of government - and our history is no longer accurately taught in America. Also - the word "right" is misunderstood - and is used many times when it is inappropriate - sometimes it can lose its meaning.

Making up a right to privacy does not fall under the role of securing rights.
Just so we are clear, you're saying that the "creator" gave us the right to bear arms and other such things?

Old 07-12-2012, 03:03 PM

Quote:
I don't care...
Yes - we understand that you don't care about the life of an unborn baby - you don't think that life has much value - that has been proven many times by your posts in the abortion threads. You have called human lives "parasites", "clumps of cells", and other dehumanizing labels.

How come you hate human life so much?

Old 07-12-2012, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Just so we are clear, you're saying that the "creator" gave us the right to bear arms and other such things?
Of course - do you think that you need permission from some government entity to defend yourself?

You don't need to put the word creator in quotes - if you don't believe in a creator - that is irrelevant to the issue - the point is that rights are something that people are born with - they cannot be granted nor can they be taken away. If something can be granted - like legal sanction to kill an unborn baby - then it is not a right.

Old 07-12-2012, 03:13 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,012,670 times
Quote:
Of course - do you think that you need permission from some government entity to defend yourself?

You don't need to put the word creator in quotes - if you don't believe in a creator - that is irrelevant to the issue - the point is that rights are something that people are born with - they cannot be granted nor can they be taken away. If something can be granted - like a right to kill an unborn baby - then it is not a right.
That's quite the odd assertion, considering that our "creator" predated firearms by a wide, wide margin. And I we already had these rights, why did human beings that were part of our government have to write them up?

Old 07-12-2012, 03:14 PM

3,674 posts, read 3,026,956 times
Supporting a womans right to choose somehow equals hating human life?? So are you against the death penalty too? human life is human life right?

Old 07-12-2012, 03:16 PM

Quote:
That's quite the odd assertion, considering that our "creator" predated firearms by a wide, wide margin.
Firearms a means of self defense - they are a weapon - in fact they are a projectile weapon - which are among the oldest man-made weapons class.

Quote:
And I we already had these rights, why did human beings that were part of our government have to write them up?
To secure them. Why don't you just ask why the Constitution was even neccesary if you can't figure that out?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies