Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2012, 07:06 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,290,404 times

Advertisements

Go Walker!!

Quote:
Donovan Richards first attempted to take his own life at age 4. The Wisconsin boy, who has bipolar disorder and autism, already had been kicked out of three day care programs, and his doctors were sure he would be in an institution before he turned 10.

To get the intensive treatment her son needed, but she could not afford, Paula Buege, Donovan’s mom, had to win approval from a review board made up of Dane County officials.

After years of treatment, Donovan is now a 17-year-old who plays in a band and wants to be a music teacher. While he continues to struggle, he has not been hospitalized for mental health problems in 10 years.

What saved Donovan from suicide or another tragic fate was a mother’s perseverance and taxpayer-funded mental health services.

But those public mental health systems in Wisconsin and across the nation increasingly face cuts
Families brace for mental health cuts. Will other states follow Wisconsin? - Open Channel
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2012, 09:14 PM

884 posts, read 716,438 times
Although the general public still has that archaic attitude toward mental health: "He's just nuts" I do believe mental health is a disease just like diabetes, heart disease etc. I hope it can be treated just like other disease's, and yes funding is always an issue.

Now Savoir, as you sarcastically write "Go Walker" as if the issue of funding for mental health just came to be in the last couple years, and that Gov Walker is an evil man cutting funding. Somewhere in your liberal thinking is this big money tree that the Govt. and taxpayer have endless amounts of.

Well, I have what I believe is a great way to help. Did you know that back in 2004 it was estimated that the taxpayers of Wisconsin spent $201.4 million per year on illegal aliens and their children in public schools. Based on reading many of your posts you are for illegal immigration. I had asked you before and I will ask again, why don't you take in those illegals and feed them, clothe them, put a roof over their heads? Our problem is solved. See not to much to ask now is it?

Old 06-30-2012, 09:16 PM

276 posts, read 236,216 times
You think its bad now, wait till the Obama Tax kicks in.

Old 06-30-2012, 09:17 PM

2,548 posts, read 2,163,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvmycountry View Post
Although the general public still has that archaic attitude toward mental health: "He's just nuts" I do believe mental health is a disease just like diabetes, heart disease etc. I hope it can be treated just like other disease's, and yes funding is always an issue.

Now Savoir, as you sarcastically write "Go Walker" as if the issue of funding for mental health just came to be in the last couple years, and that Gov Walker is an evil man cutting funding. Somewhere in your liberal thinking is this big money tree that the Govt. and taxpayer have endless amounts of.

Well, I have what I believe is a great way to help. Did you know that back in 2004 it was estimated that the taxpayers of Wisconsin spent $201.4 million per year on illegal aliens and their children in public schools. Based on reading many of your posts you are for illegal immigration. I had asked you before and I will ask again, why don't you take in those illegals and feed them, clothe them, put a roof over their heads? Our problem is solved. See not to much to ask now is it?
Why do members always try to turn every thread into a bash some minority thread, whether it be illegal immigrants, Hispanics, Blacks, Muslims, Gays, etc...

Old 06-30-2012, 09:19 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,461,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frugality View Post
Why do members always try to turn every thread into a bash some minority group thread, whether it be illegal immigrants, Hispanics, Blacks, Muslims, Gays, etc...
Illegal immigrants are not a minority group unless you also consider drunk drivers, shoplifters, burglars, etc. to be "minority groups." They are a group of lawbreakers. Plain and simple.

Americans - citizens or legal residents - or residents of other countries who are in those other groups you mentioned should be offended that you consider illegal immigrants to be a "minority group" akin to theirs.

Last edited by afoigrokerkok; 06-30-2012 at 09:31 PM..

Old 06-30-2012, 09:23 PM

2,046 posts, read 1,574,505 times

cry me a river!!

Old 06-30-2012, 09:23 PM

2,884 posts, read 5,641,468 times
Quote:
Why do members always try to turn every thread into a bash some minority thread, whether it be illegal immigrants, Hispanics, Blacks, Muslims, Gays, etc...
What thread are you reading? I saw no bashing of anyone.. He did make a factual statement about the illegal immigration problem which obama encourages and welcomes, but he didn't bash any minorities...
Try reading it again without looking for something that doesn't exist........

Old 06-30-2012, 09:24 PM

2,548 posts, read 2,163,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
Illegal immigrants are not a minority group unless you also consider drunk drivers, shoplifters, burglars, etc. to be "minority groups." They are a group of lawbreakers. Plain and simple.

Anyone in those other groups you mentioned should be offended that you consider illegal immigrants to be a "minority group" akin to theirs.
Minority group is any group that is not a majority. Many, if not most of the people in the anti-illegal immigration movement equate illegal immigrants with Hispanics. To them there is no difference. Where there is bashing of illegal immigrants, there is bashing of Hispanics. That's besides the point, if he wanted to trash either group, why didn't he just create a thread instead of hijacking this one?????

Old 06-30-2012, 09:37 PM

884 posts, read 716,438 times
Quote:
You know exactly what my point was and so does everyone else reading this thread. Stop trying to hide the facts with non existent racial slurs. That card is really old and you might consider getting a new deck.

Old 07-01-2012, 06:30 AM

4,278 posts, read 5,177,911 times
The mental health industry has been pushing for years to get the taxpayer to fund their services. It is just another scam on the taxpayers and should be cut.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies