Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2007, 06:54 AM

19,198 posts, read 31,404,183 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmonellie View Post
Jesse Adam MacBeth is the phoney soldier Rush was referring to. He was a phoney soldier. You guys on the left verge on the silly when you cherry pick comments.
See, if I'd meant to refer to MacBeth, I'd have mentioned MacBeth. I don't see that or any other such limitation in the transcripts. Caller #2 defines real soldiers as those who proudly agree with the war, and Rush immediately characterizes those who have spoken out against the war as the phony soldiers. I don't have to spin it...that's what's there in black and white. Considering that in the 2006 Military Times poll, only a third of servicemembers approved of the conduct of the war and barely forty percent thought we should have initiated the war in the first place, that's one whole lot of men and women in uniform that Rush is calling phonies...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2007, 09:02 AM

1,833 posts, read 6,413,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
See, if I'd meant to refer to MacBeth, I'd have mentioned MacBeth. I don't see that or any other such limitation in the transcripts. Caller #2 defines real soldiers as those who proudly agree with the war, and Rush immediately characterizes those who have spoken out against the war as the phony soldiers. I don't have to spin it...that's what's there in black and white. Considering that in the 2006 Military Times poll, only a third of servicemembers approved of the conduct of the war and barely forty percent thought we should have initiated the war in the first place, that's one whole lot of men and women in uniform that Rush is calling phonies...
Did you even hear the broadcast, likely not? The left is cherry picking and making talking point comments without even hearing what was said. Generalizing as normal. Rush referred to one phony soldier who FAKED records, FAKED events, FAKED he got a purple heart and Faked he served in Iraq, made up FAKE stories and the TRUTH is he washed out of boot camp at 44 days. And the left ate it up like rapid dogs never checking to see if it was true.
But the left did't hear that do they? Why because the left can't handle the truth. Try to read into it all you will. I heard it and I know what was really said and it's not what the left is reporting ... as usual.
And Jesse MacBeth is doing time in jail for FAKING his service record and being a phony soldier.

I love it as the left wing loons expose themselves for the sound bite uninformed jokes they are.

Old 09-29-2007, 09:08 AM

6,762 posts, read 11,602,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post

Lol, sometimes I think there are people on this board I could not possibly ever agree with on anything. But you hit the nail on the head here.

Rush is trying so hard to lie his way out of this one that it makes him even more disgusting than he usually is. The transcript never once mention MacBeth, it mentions the left pulling up SOLDIERS (plural) out of the blue who disagree with the war. Then Rush says nothing more than "the phony soldiers".

Hint: Macbeth is one soldier. Soldiers is plural meaning more than one.

For a talk show loud mouth who professes to be so damned smart, you'd think he could get his plurality correct.

But he fished up the idea of using Macbeth in an attempt to cover his ass because he realized his arrogance and ignorance had gotten him up the creek on this one.

Anyone who is buying into his excuses should be ashamed.

Old 09-29-2007, 09:22 AM

68,297 posts, read 54,124,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnbound2day View Post
Anyone who is buying into his excuses should be ashamed.
I haven't seen any updates, has drug induced stupidity been brought up yet?

Old 09-29-2007, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davart View Post
Did you even hear the broadcast, likely not?
Certainly not. Don't listen to phony sycophants for phony Presidents. All I did was read the transcript.

Quote:
The left is cherry picking and making talking point comments without even hearing what was said. Generalizing as normal. Rush referred to one phony soldier who FAKED records, FAKED events, FAKED he got a purple heart and Faked he served in Iraq, made up FAKE stories and the TRUTH is he washed out of boot camp at 44 days. And the left ate it up like rapid dogs never checking to see if it was true.
All that would be very nice if Rush had actually been talking specifically about MacBeth or had at any time or in any other way limited the applicability of his comment. He did not do either. Here is the entire transcript of the call in question (hardly a 'sound bite')...

CALLER: Hi, Rush. Thanks for taking my call.
RUSH: You bet.
CALLER: I have a retort to Mike in Chicago, because I am serving in the American military, in the Army. I've been serving for 14 years, very proudly.
RUSH: Thank you, sir.
CALLER: I'm one of the few that joined the Army to serve my country, I'm proud to say, not for the money or anything like that. What I would like to retort to is that, what these people don't understand, is if we pull out of Iraq right now, which is not possible because of all the stuff that's over there, it would take us at least a year to pull everything back out of Iraq, then Iraq itself would collapse and we'd have to go right back over there within a year or so.
RUSH: There's a lot more than that that they don't understand. The next guy that calls here I'm going to ask them, "What is the imperative of pulling out? What's in it for the United States to pull out?" I don't think they have an answer for that other than, "When's he going to bring the troops home? Keep the troops safe," whatever.
CALLER: Yeah.
RUSH: It's not possible intellectually to follow these people.
CALLER: No, it's not. And what's really funny is they never talk to real soldiers. They pull these soldiers that come up out of the blue and spout to the media.
RUSH: The phony soldiers.
CALLER: Phony soldiers. If you talk to any real soldier and they're proud to serve, they want to be over in Iraq, they understand their sacrifice and they're willing to sacrifice for the country.
RUSH: They joined to be in Iraq.
CALLER: A lot of people.
RUSH: You know where you're going these days, the last four years, if you sign up. The odds are you're going there or Afghanistan, or somewhere.
CALLER: Exactly, sir. My other comment, my original comment, was a retort to Jill about the fact we didn't find any weapons of mass destruction. Actually, we have found weapons of mass destruction in chemical agents that terrorists have been using against us for a while now. I've done two tours in Iraq, I just got back in June, and there are many instances of insurgents not knowing what they're using in their IEDs. They're using mustard artillery rounds, VX artillery rounds in their IEDs. Because they didn't know what they were using, they didn't do it right, and so it didn't really hurt anybody. But those munitions are over there. It's a huge desert. If they bury it somewhere, we're never going to find it.
RUSH: Well, that's a moot point for me right now.
CALLER: Right.
RUSH: The weapons of mass destruction. We gotta get beyond that. We're there. We all know they were there, and Mahmoud even admitted it in one of his speeches here talking about Saddam using the poison mustard gas or whatever it is on his own people. But that's moot. What's more important is all this is taking place now in the midst of the surge working, and all of these anti-war Democrats are getting even more hell-bent on pulling out of there, which means that success on the part of you and your colleagues over there is a great threat to them. It's frustrating and maddening, and why they must be kept in the minority. I want to thank you, Mike, for calling. I appreciate it very much.

Maybe you could show me where in there Rush referred to MacBeth or in any other way narrowed the scope of his comment.

Quote:
I love it as the left wing loons expose themselves for the sound bite uninformed jokes they are.
You were saying...

Old 09-29-2007, 02:28 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,313,242 times
CALLER: No, it's not. And what's really funny is they never talk to real soldiers. They pull these soldiers that come up out of the blue and spout to the media.
RUSH: The phony soldiers.

This was clearly IRT macbeth as he's the phony soldier the left used to have one military person on their side.. and he is phony, especially when he claimed to be SF, but never made it out of boot camp.. I read some of the trash he wrote and it was obvious that it was fake, kinda like a letter written during the Vietnam War using MS Word.. funny how the left falls for both of them....

Old 09-29-2007, 02:30 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,313,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eh It's Me View Post
Stop the Killing bring the troops HOME

what with Rush why do people listen to a DOpe attick

NO more Blood for OIL
THANK YOU! those of us on the right couldn't ask for anything better than that post... outfreakingstanding...

Old 09-30-2007, 10:16 AM

5,110 posts, read 7,119,354 times
Please spare us the "left is cherry picking." I posted the link and Rush can't deny what he said.

Quote:
LIMBAUGH: ""Save the -- keep the troops safe' or whatever. I -- it's not possible, intellectually, to follow these people.’’

CALLER: “No, it's not, and what's really funny is, they never talk to real soldiers. They like to pull these soldiers that come up out of the blue and talk to the media.’’

LIMBAUGH: “The phony soldiers.’’

The context completely attacks soldiers who disagree with his right wings views. Not an individual, but soldierS.

Period.

Old 09-30-2007, 10:29 AM

10,203 posts, read 27,069,843 times
Moyers most subtle response to Mr. Limbaugh:

Crooks and Liars » Bill Moyers on the fallen: Can you find a “phony” in the bunch?

Old 09-30-2007, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
This was clearly IRT macbeth as he's the phony soldier the left used to have one military person on their side.. and he is phony, especially when he claimed to be SF, but never made it out of boot camp..
Well, we can certainly conclude that it suddenly became quite clear to Rush, even if no one else, once he realized what a pile he'd just stepped into.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
I read some of the trash he wrote and it was obvious that it was fake, kinda like a letter written during the Vietnam War using MS Word.. funny how the left falls for both of them....
Wanna run that MS Word thing out for us? Methinks you might be at the tail-end of a bunch of kids playing the Telephone Game...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies