Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2007, 08:10 AM

4,688 posts, read 10,064,870 times

Advertisements

Votevets has a new ad featuring another "phony soldier."

YouTube - "Real" - VoteVets.org TV Ad Responding to Rush Limbaugh

Rush responded to this ad by comparing this soldier to a suicide bomber who can't think for himself. Keep handing him the rope...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2007, 09:06 AM

19,198 posts, read 31,380,292 times
Rush is just doing his part to further the emerging consensus that The Neocons have been among the worst things that have ever happened to this country...

Old 10-03-2007, 09:51 AM

10,203 posts, read 27,054,239 times
People in the service must be very offended by Mr. Limbaugh's statement. General Wes Clark is petitioning that people have him removed from the airwaves at Armed Forces Radio.

And, yes, I signed the General's petition.

Old 10-03-2007, 10:04 AM

1,736 posts, read 4,729,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
Try going to page 134, which will relieve you of the need to speculate...

"The Panel reaches no definitive conclusion as to whether the Killian documents are authentic. Given that the Killian documents are copies and not originals, that the author is deceased, that the Panel has not found any individual who knew about them when they were created, and that there is no clear chain of custody, it may never be possible for anyone to authenticate or discredit the documents."
So you believe the documents are authentic because;

“documents are copies and not originals” The original doesn’t exist, because IT IS A FAKE!!!!!!
“the author is deceased” So because the author of the fake document died before the fake was created IT MUST BE REAL!!!!!
“the Panel has not found any individual who knew about them when they were created” Because no one can verify a fake document IT MUST BE REAL!!!!!!!!1
“there is no clear chain of custody” How can a fake document have a CHAIN OF CUSTODY???/
“it may never be possible for anyone to authenticate or discredit the documents” They may never find Jimmy Hoffa’s body, does that mean he is still alive????

Unbelievable how those on the left will bend over backwards to defend the one of their own.

Old 10-03-2007, 10:09 AM

7,330 posts, read 15,323,433 times
Hey. RedNC. All he was saying is that the reports show that the validity of the documents can't be determined. That means nothing can be proven one way or the other. You're talking about belief. That's different from fact.

Old 10-03-2007, 10:15 AM

14,496 posts, read 26,517,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheroad View Post
People in the service must be very offended by Mr. Limbaugh's statement. General Wes Clark is petitioning that people have him removed from the airwaves at Armed Forces Radio.

Where can we get access to it? i dont listen to the radio-lol (Some citzens still read and prefer valid sources of information, rather than "hate radio")

Old 10-03-2007, 10:17 AM

1,736 posts, read 4,729,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaBredChicagoan View Post
Hey. RedNC. All he was saying is that the reports show that the validity of the documents can't be determined. That means nothing can be proven one way or the other. You're talking about belief. That's different from fact.
So because a fake document’s authenticity can’t be verified it should be used in an attempt to change the out come of a presidential election?

Old 10-03-2007, 10:18 AM

10,545 posts, read 13,540,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheroad View Post

General Clark is pretty clearly partisan in his views. Rush is on Armed Forces Radio because the troops petitioned to have him on it. Do you think they would do that for someone that doesn't support troops?

Old 10-03-2007, 10:20 AM

5,408 posts, read 7,773,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdiddy View Post
Votevets has a new ad featuring another "phony soldier."

YouTube - "Real" - VoteVets.org TV Ad Responding to Rush Limbaugh

Rush responded to this ad by comparing this soldier to a suicide bomber who can't think for himself. Keep handing him the rope...

But it was a real life suicide bomber who had attacked the soldier in question, it turns out, leaving him with head wounds and a Purple Heart that we see in his ad complaining about the radio host, and when the soldier caught wind of Limbaugh’s complaint today, he only escalated the conflict.

This guy's response to Rush says it all, I think.

That veteran, Brian McGough, has fired back at Limbaugh: "So, Rush Limbaugh called me a 'suicide bomber.' More slander from the high and mighty sitting in his chair nursing the boils on his ass. I can assure you that I am no suicide bomber and that I can think for myself.

The Swamp: Rush reply to attacking veteran: Suicide bomber

Last edited by bily4; 10-03-2007 at 10:26 AM.. Reason: added a line

Old 10-03-2007, 10:28 AM

7,330 posts, read 15,323,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedNC View Post
So because a fake document’s authenticity can’t be verified it should be used in an attempt to change the out come of a presidential election?
I'm saying that if it's authenticity can't be verified, we can't be sure it's fake.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies