Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2007, 09:36 AM

10,203 posts, read 27,071,394 times

Advertisements

But when did they petition him to broadcast on the network? I don't know and I don't think that General Clark is more partisan than anyone else, just has his opinions like the rest of us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
General Clark is pretty clearly partisan in his views. Rush is on Armed Forces Radio because the troops petitioned to have him on it. Do you think they would do that for someone that doesn't support troops?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2007, 09:37 AM

I'll try to send you a DM of the email I received.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyhelena View Post
Where can we get access to it? i dont listen to the radio-lol (Some citzens still read and prefer valid sources of information, rather than "hate radio")

Old 10-03-2007, 09:42 AM

10,545 posts, read 13,552,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheroad View Post
But when did they petition him to broadcast on the network? I don't know and I don't think that General Clark is more partisan than anyone else, just has his opinions like the rest of us.
I'm not sure when they petitioned. I do know that he has gone to Iraq to support the troops as well as being involved in programs to support families of the troops.

Clark ran for President as a democratic candidate.

Old 10-03-2007, 09:46 AM

I'm aware that Gen. Clark ran for President, but that doesn't make him more partisan than you, me or the man in the street: it just makes him a Democrat.

As for Limbaugh, well, good for him and bad for him in that he didn't make a good case for his words, and these days, every little word is under the microscope.

Quote:
I'm not sure when they petitioned. I do know that he has gone to Iraq to support the troops as well as being involved in programs to support families of the troops.

Clark ran for President as a democratic candidate.

Old 10-03-2007, 09:57 AM

20,170 posts, read 24,264,523 times
I would trust Clark more if he blinked once in a while.

As things stand now, he's apparently auditioning for a cushy job in Hillary's pink house. He'd make a great Under Secretary of People Who Look Like Generals Except for Their Weird Eyes.

Old 10-03-2007, 10:00 AM

Funny, and so one point to you: he probably will get a place if a Democrat is elected; one point agin ya, he is a darn smart man, weird eyes or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
I would trust Clark more if he blinked once in a while.

As things stand now, he's apparently auditioning for a cushy job in Hillary's pink house. He'd make a great Under Secretary of People Who Look Like Generals Except for Their Weird Eyes.

Old 10-03-2007, 10:10 AM

Quote:
I'm aware that Gen. Clark ran for President, but that doesn't make him more partisan than you, me or the man in the street: it just makes him a Democrat.

As for Limbaugh, well, good for him and bad for him in that he didn't make a good case for his words, and these days, every little word is under the microscope.
Fair points. I would also say that once attacked, it's hard to make a good case for your words that would make any difference to the people that have drawn their conclusions.

Old 10-03-2007, 10:31 AM

Your point is also very valid. It has become too common for assumption to prevail over fact. It's the drum-beats that play in people's heads from listening to the media that often makes for disinformation to become truth!

Quote:
Fair points. I would also say that once attacked, it's hard to make a good case for your words that would make any difference to the people that have drawn their conclusions.

Old 10-03-2007, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Your point is also very valid. It has become too common for assumption to prevail over fact. It's the drum-beats that play in people's heads from listening to the media that often makes for disinformation to become truth!
I agree. That's well said.

Old 10-03-2007, 01:54 PM

24,483 posts, read 33,191,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyhelena View Post
Where can we get access to it? i dont listen to the radio-lol (Some citzens still read and prefer valid sources of information, rather than "hate radio")
"Hate radio?" Oh, you must mean Air America!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies