Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-01-2012, 10:15 PM

190 posts, read 301,962 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Kinda naive attitude towards marriage...it's not always about love, it's about whatever the couple agree it is.

Disagreeing isn't hate but feeling that SOME certain people that you don't agree with shouldn't have equal rights is certainly a form of hate......why else would you want to deny them the same rights other Americans have???
So if i am against ( as is the law) marriage between siblings it means i hate them? lol. If i am against legalizing polygamy means i hate polygamists? Reductio ad absurdum lol

Last edited by trialbyfire; 07-01-2012 at 10:31 PM..

Old 07-01-2012, 10:16 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,454,215 times
men like a little of penetration in the ass
yes
men like that....
gay

Old 07-01-2012, 10:17 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,454,215 times
so what its'; natural
men like something in their ass

Old 07-02-2012, 05:59 AM

11,466 posts, read 19,351,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Disagreeing isn't hate but feeling that SOME certain people that you don't agree with shouldn't have equal rights is certainly a form of hate......why else would you want to deny them the same rights other Americans have???

As to benefits, here's a few...you can have your spouse on your health insurance ( and I know people who got married for this purpose)., you have the right to be at the bedside of your dying spouse, you have inheritence rights, you have tax breaks, you have divorce laws...(and 50% of heterosexual couples get divorced....)
I don't see why you would want to get married for any of those benefits, you can get those things except the health care without being married and tax benefits are a joke, i have to file single and still pay, it's all mute if a person is not truly in love.
As far as divorce rates go, marriage is not a club it's not between every other couple in the USA it's between two people and what happens between them alone, divorce rates mean nothing unless you think marriage is a game or something.

Being Opposed to something does not equal hate.

Old 07-02-2012, 06:10 AM

10,449 posts, read 12,462,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Yeah, and they're always friends with the one black guy in town that miraculously agrees with their own anti-black POV!

I don't know a single homosexual that would willingly associate with someone who doesn't believe they are entitled to all rights, benefits and liberties that are afforded to every other free, tax paying citizen in this country.

Must be a lot of dumb as bricks homos out there who can't see when their "friends" are not really their "friends!"

Note to homos: If your "friend" prefaces everything he or she says with, "Well, as a Christian..." Or, "I love the sinner, hate the sin..." Run far, far away!
I'm gay and I have friends that are against same-sex marriage.

Old 07-02-2012, 06:46 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,150,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
I don't see why you would want to get married for any of those benefits,"""

So YOUR feelings should rule the world...

"""you can get those things except the health care without being married"

Denial out of ignorance of facts can't compete with facts. You're wrong.

""and tax benefits are a joke, i have to file single and still pay, it's all mute if a person is not truly in love.
As far as divorce rates go, marriage is not a club it's not between every other couple in the USA it's between two people and what happens between them alone, divorce rates mean nothing unless you think marriage is a game or something.

Being Opposed to something does not equal hate.
"""Disagreeing isn't hate but feeling that SOME certain people that you don't agree with shouldn't have equal rights is certainly a form of hate......why else would you want to deny them the same rights other Americans have???"""

You have NO ability to answer that question.

Old 07-02-2012, 06:52 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,402,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
men like a little of penetration in the ass
yes
men like that....
gay

And now you've officially become unhinged. Congratulations!

I think if you could find YOURSELF a more fulfilling sex life, you'd spend less time worrying and thinking about everyone elses.

It's no surprise that the biggest anti-gays on this board are bitter single or divorced women, and old men who lost the ability long ago.

Old 07-02-2012, 07:09 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,207,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
Nobody is advocating making homosexuality illegal.

But gay marriage will be legal sooner or later. I still don't understand why the gay community will not accept civil unions as a stepping stone, providing that they offer 100% of the benefits of heterosexual marriage, nothing less. The gay community cries separate but equal on that one, but if its mandated that same-sex civil unions has 100% of the rights of heterosexual marriage then what is the real problem? Its for this reason I don't think its necessarily the marriage benefits the gay community is after but the very word "marriage". It is coming, but a large number of Americans are still uncomfortable with labeling anything "marriage" other than the union of one man and one woman. Civil unions on the other hand would be more likely to gain enough support to get passed in many states and possibly even on the federal level.
Because everywhere that civil unions have been offered as "equal" they never are. Also the federal government does not recognize civil unions.

If having a civil union is so great, why don't you run out and get one?

Old 07-02-2012, 07:13 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,402,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trialbyfire View Post
Ironically most gay friendly, open minded countries with real civil liberties are based on Christianity. Try your luck in Muslim country for instance. Yes Christianity held the world back. Lol
So much nonsense from our gay friends. All in the name of love lol

Ironically, nothing.

The greatest advancements in individual rights and liberties has occurred as those nations pushed aside the yolk of government by religion, and became SECULAR in nature. The countries with the most civil liberties and expressive freedoms tend to be the most non-religious. Religion DEMANDS suspension of free thought and critical thinking. The western tradition has evolved to CHALLENGE those who insist on clinging to authoritarian modes of living (i.e., the religious).

As the western world has departed from governance by the church we have unlocked our potential as human beings.

Today, the United States is considered a BACKWATER by the rest of Western Civilization due to our superstitious, know-nothing population that chooses to eschew the burden of free thought for the comfort of being told what to do by a book that is so demonstrably flawed, only huge amounts of Christian apologetics and doublespeak can (attempt to) cure same.

Science is held back in this country today by false "ethical dilemmas" that have no basis in ethics beyond those created by certain groups' interpretation of Bible passages.

Old 07-02-2012, 08:52 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,381,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by In God We Trust View Post
...I don't understand why we need to change any laws that has been a tradition for thousands of years...

Marriage laws in this country are quite young. Tradition has no place within our current legal apparatus if inequality goes hand-in-hand with it. ESPECIALLY religious tradition.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies