Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2012, 11:01 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,261,277 times

Advertisements

Yes, in April he stopped in Dearborn to speak to Muslims and he enunciated his Hussein name and got a rousing applause for it from those in attendance. He commented that he saw many who had worked for him in 2008 and probably they were many of those in attendance at the annual Muslim celebration the group of Christians attended and got all those things thrown at them. I know that many here don't believe that happened but I have seen the videos of the same and it sure did. Maybe Obama can become King of Dearborn if he allows us to vote in November and loses.

Obama Touts Middle Name to Muslims In Michigan - Godfather Politics
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2012, 01:09 AM

15,088 posts, read 13,447,778 times
If you actually read the quote, you quickly realize it that he said it to point out how those who supported him helped overcome negative perception against him as a candidate due to his non-WASP background...as his middle name clearly indicates.

Quote:
“Ladies and Gentlemen it’s good to be in Dearborn. It is good to be back in the Motor City…I see a lot of folks here who worked tirelessly on my 2008 campaign. Let’s face it. You did not do it because you thought this was going to be a cakewalk. When you decide to support a candidate named Barack HUSSEIN Obama you know the odds are not exactly in your favor…”
And there's nothing wrong with pointing this out, because that is his middle name, and that is the perception he had to overcome.

The irony is that you - and this article - just demonstrated that he was right. Huge perception issues remain in the eyes of certain conservatives because the president isn't a WASPy guy with a very American-sounding name. It really paints you in a bad light, not him.

Old 07-01-2012, 01:21 AM

8,560 posts, read 6,406,487 times
I see nothing wrong with the President being able to enunciate Hussein appropriately to people who could appreciate it.

I think that to do so was appropriate and polite. Is there any real problem here?

Old 07-01-2012, 01:26 AM

11,531 posts, read 10,288,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Yes, in April he stopped in Dearborn to speak to Muslims and he enunciated his Hussein name and got a rousing applause for it from those in attendance. He commented that he saw many who had worked for him in 2008 and probably they were many of those in attendance at the annual Muslim celebration the group of Christians attended and got all those things thrown at them. I know that many here don't believe that happened but I have seen the videos of the same and it sure did. Maybe Obama can become King of Dearborn if he allows us to vote in November and loses.

Obama Touts Middle Name to Muslims In Michigan - Godfather Politics
So your'e not going to vote for someone based on their name?

You are slamming someone because they are enunciating the name their parents gave them?

That's not the worst part however. The ultimate hypocrisy and stupidity is the fact that the right wingers enunciate his name all the time, yet they get mad when he does it.

Last edited by Savoir Faire; 07-01-2012 at 01:34 AM..

Old 07-01-2012, 01:34 AM

37,135 posts, read 42,203,740 times
oh gasp.

Old 07-01-2012, 02:33 AM

1,796 posts, read 1,661,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
If you actually read the quote, you quickly realize it that he said it to point out how those who supported him helped overcome negative perception against him as a candidate due to his non-WASP background...as his middle name clearly indicates.

And there's nothing wrong with pointing this out, because that is his middle name, and that is the perception he had to overcome.

The irony is that you - and this article - just demonstrated that he was right. Huge perception issues remain in the eyes of certain conservatives because the president isn't a WASPy guy with a very American-sounding name. It really paints you in a bad light, not him.
I've always thought it idiotic to blame Obama for the middle name his parents gave him that just happens to correspond with Sadam Hussein's last name, something they could not possibly have known at his christening. This meme is so incredibly tired--Jeffrey Dahmer, Wayne Gacy, and Ted Bundy are all infamous white American serial killers--should we eliminate from qualification for public office anyone with the first or middle names of Jeffrey, Wayne, or Ted? Of course not. Ambient, thanks for actually reading the quotation.

Old 07-01-2012, 02:39 AM

6,193 posts, read 5,367,423 times
It ain't the name - it's the blatant pandering to muslims. And like Pavlov's dogs, they (and leftists) salivate.

See that forest over there? Oh, sorry - you can't see it for the trees.

Old 07-01-2012, 02:53 AM

1,796 posts, read 1,661,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrench409 View Post
It ain't the name - it's the blatant pandering to muslims. And like Pavlov's dogs, they (and leftists) salivate.

See that forest over there? Oh, sorry - you can't see it for the trees.
How is what you have offered pandering? I don't see the evidence. You are going to have to offer something beyond merely repeating the fact that he said his full name to convince anyone who doesn't already agree with you that your interpretation is accurate. I mean, I could restate my full name which includes a somewhat perverted respelling of my dad's name for my middle one, and that in and of itself would prove nothing. Think like a lawyer--where is the smoking gun?

Old 07-01-2012, 03:02 AM

6,193 posts, read 5,367,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diva360 View Post
How is what you have offered pandering? I don't see the evidence. You are going to have to offer something beyond merely repeating the fact that he said his full name to convince anyone who doesn't already agree with you that your interpretation is accurate. I mean, I could restate my full name which includes a somewhat perverted respelling of my dad's name for my middle one, and that in and of itself would prove nothing. Think like a lawyer--where is the smoking gun?
Did you even read the article?

Quote:
When he greeted the crowd, he emphasized his middle name Hussein to the crowd who cheered when he did.

It was obvious that he was playing his name to the largely Muslim crowd in Dearborn. He deliberately emphasized his name, common in Muslim circles, in such a way as to tell the crowd that he was one of them.

Old 07-01-2012, 03:04 AM

7,541 posts, read 6,270,334 times
yes, an article written by the RWNJ of Godfather politics. Who would trust their spin?

not those of us who are sane.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies