Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2007, 12:30 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,306,753 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip T View Post
I see a WHOLE bunch of "If'n we catch 'em, we outta . . . " bs in all this.

Sounds like basically a bunch of bs talk, does it not? I mean the kid is already screwed by then, no?

Preventition is much easier and when used, 100% effective. Almost all perps have prior histories. Many lurid and extensive, and available as records. Just ban perps from communities where children are. Could even do it by whole counties. There are dangerous animal bans in many areas -- (finally even Pit Bulls). Time for the same with dangerous people.

Better for the kids and the perps. Can't have crime without a criminal.
how would you do that? it's already a crime for a pedophile to live around schools and parks, how do you keep track of them? who's going to watch them 24/7? what about the pedophiles who havent been caught or haven't molested yet?
The punishment should be life without parole on the first offence or death thats the way you prevent them from doing it agian and thats the only way. You will never prevent the first offence with any crime because you don't know it's going to happen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2007, 12:30 PM

7,138 posts, read 14,604,762 times
Is not BS, is the justification for revenge and "an eye for an eye". Something I would certainly go after if I was the parent of one of these child victims.

Old 09-30-2007, 01:10 PM

562 posts, read 656,201 times
tinasgt2005:

I agree, all sexual predators, should be executed immediately without the ability to appeal. Too many idiots on death row appealing for YEARS, costing us lots of money to keep them alive. Just buy ONE rifle cartridge, and whack em out and be done with it. It's a lot cheaper and it keeps people safer.

Old 09-30-2007, 01:17 PM

1,354 posts, read 4,573,079 times
Build one huge facility on a island, (like Rikers Island). Throw all the scumbags there and leave to fend for themselves. After cutting off their private parts of course. Seems like a viable solution - I'm sure this will cut down on their sick twisted behaviour.

Old 09-30-2007, 01:48 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,031,847 times
Let me interject something here:

Strictly speaking: if an 18 YO woman has consensual sex with her 17 YO boyfriend and is caught and convicted; she would be a sex offender in most states.

Sorry; the law would be an ass (donkey) in that scenario.

Personally; the age of sexual consent should be age 16 across the board and if age 12 up assuming the partner is less than 3-4 years older, sex assault charges should not apply. Again: the key word would be 'consensual'.

Anything under age 12; then sex assault charges should not apply using common sense.

A pair of 5 YO's 'playing doctor'; for example, criminal charges against the kids would be silly. Now; a 12 YO doing something like that to a 5 YO, the older kid should face punishment then rehabilitation.

Old 09-30-2007, 01:53 PM

1,354 posts, read 4,573,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Let me interject something here:

Strictly speaking: if an 18 YO woman has consensual sex with her 17 YO boyfriend and is caught and convicted; she would be a sex offender in most states.

Sorry; the law would be an ass (donkey) in that scenario.

Personally; the age of sexual consent should be age 16 across the board and if age 12 up assuming the partner is less than 3-4 years older, sex assault charges should not apply. Again: the key word would be 'consensual'.

Anything under age 12; then sex assault charges should not apply using common sense.

A pair of 5 YO's 'playing doctor'; for example, criminal charges against the kids would be silly. Now; a 12 YO doing something like that to a 5 YO, the older kid should face punishment then rehabilitation.
I think the poster was referring to the obvious - NV guy having sex with a 3yr old; 20+ year olds having sex with a 12 yr old, so forth and so on. I don't think we're talking about a 16yr old and 18yr old having consensual sex. 12 yrs, that's a bit young for me to swallow!

Old 09-30-2007, 02:28 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,031,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayannaaaliyah View Post
I think the poster was referring to the obvious - NV guy having sex with a 3yr old; 20+ year olds having sex with a 12 yr old, so forth and so on. I don't think we're talking about a 16yr old and 18yr old having consensual sex. 12 yrs, that's a bit young for me to swallow!
I agree; I was using age 12 if his/her partner was age 16 down as an example.

An adult with anybody under age 14; I agree, they need to have the book thrown at 'em!

Old 10-01-2007, 08:12 AM

236 posts, read 441,260 times
Default Arizona Bear

I agree with your post but I was actually talking about pedophiles. Monsters who prey on our children. Rehabilatation is a bunch of BS. These monsters can never be reformed. They have defected minds. Our legal systems allows these people to get probation or a minor jail sentence with counceling. Like I said before, drug and alcohol offenders get worse penalties. I speak from personal experience, children who have been vioalted will live with it the rest of their lives, why shouldn't the piece of garbage that did the violation suffer the consequences. I have changed my mind though, they should not have a quick death, they need to live with the constant pain and reminder of their sick demented actions for the rest of their lives.I like the idea of establishing a territory for nothing but sexual predators, whether it is a prison or an island. The problem is that we have to many people who fight against what they believe would be a violation of a persons civil rights.These pieces of garbage have NO civil rights as far as I am concerned. They are taking up valuable space and contribute nothing positive to society. They are defected. Do we not discard defected appliances? Throw these perverts away!!!!!! I am sorry if I sound like I have no feelings but I have lived with the self disgust, self doubt, and the feeling that I was not worthy of a persons love. This is what a child will go through who has been violated by an adult who was trusted or by a stranger. It lives with us forever and effects our relationships. It is always in the back of our minds. Thankfully my situation was not to the extreme of this little girls but it still effects me today. I pray for this little girl, her family and all the other children who are going through abuse or the effects of abuse.

Old 10-01-2007, 04:29 PM

20,170 posts, read 24,258,561 times
Hand over the convicted predator to the father of the victim.

Old 10-01-2007, 05:14 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,399,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinasgt2005 View Post
I have just finished reading a news report that is asking for the publics help in identifying a little girl(who is believed to be 4-5 years old) and an adult male who are shown on a video found in the possession of another male adult.I do not even consider the man in the video to be a human being,he is a violet and evil monster. This monster had himself video taped while he violently sexually assuallted this little girl. The news stations do not show the contents of the video they just show the mans face and the little girl. The police say that the most heinous acts are being done to this girl.I cried when I read this report, I looked into that little girls eyes and I see someones little baby, a little girl who has been betrayed,violated,and her innocence shattered.Why!!! Why would someone do this? What has happened to the human race? How does a person get so twisted and demented? Why is our judicial system and society allowing these monsters to get away with preying on our innocent children? Why do they get off with counceling and little or no jail time?? Why are we not putting these sick pedophiles to DEATH?????? Every day I read about another child who has been brutally violated and these monsters get less punishment than a drunk driver or a drug offender. I don'tcare if a person is looking at, downloading from the internet, or if they committed the brutal act they are all pedophiles and shouldn't be breathing the same air that mine or your innocent children breath. These monsters do not deserve rehabilitation-which I think is immpossible,they deserve death. My heart goes out to the parents and this little girl, I pray she is safe. I feel so stupid complaining about my life when our children are being preyed on and violated by sick pieces of crap like the man in the video.
Thank You for giving me a chance to speak my mind. My heart and prayers are with all the families of missing children
Thank freedom of speech for one because they can have barley legals on the internet even though they are of age they might look 12 to me that is contributing to their sick ways!
That is furthering the under age fantasy!
We need to contact our Governors and legislator and make them pass laws that lock these sick bast**ds up! Actually I am for the death penalty for people like this.
In the old days the penalty fit the crime and there were less criminals I wonder why?
This is a subject that needs to be addressed as much as illegals or the war or anything else going on. These kids are our future and it is our job as adults to protect them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies