Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2012, 09:09 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,747,599 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Another baseless claim by someone who admittedly has not seen the documentary.

ASSumptions are often incorrect and yours are in this case. You really should see the documentary. D'Souza's perspective is backed up by others by their first hand knowledge of a young Obama, from their knowledge of his mother and how he represented the absentee polygamist father, etc... .
If I see one more post bashing Obama's long-dead, hardworking mother, I'll report it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2012, 11:41 AM

7,605 posts, read 4,844,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
IF you go to the movie D'Souza does say he and Obama came from the same background so he understands him more than someone who grew up in the states. Remember Obama lived a time in Indonesia and with foreign people. What most Americans mistakenly think is Obama is like any other African American that grew up in the states, he is not. He has a totally different background.
Except that D'Souza's background is not the same as Obama's. I read Obama's book several years ago, so I understand Obama's background. Obama was not raised by his biological father and had very little contact with him. Same is true for Obama's step brothers and sisters from his fathers side. Obama picked up very little if anything from his father. D'Souza is projecting his own upbringing onto Obama.

Old 09-08-2012, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Another baseless claim by someone who admittedly has not seen the documentary.

ASSumptions are often incorrect and yours are in this case. You really should see the documentary. D'Souza's perspective is backed up by others by their first hand knowledge of a young Obama, from their knowledge of his mother and how he represented the absentee polygamist father, etc... .
Everything I've read about the documentary from people who have seen it, says that it lays out D'Souza's assertions about Obama that he has already written and spoken about for years now. Of course, the people D'Souza presents in his documentary are supportive of his theory.

Obama never really knew his "absentee polygamist father".

Old 09-08-2012, 12:04 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,694,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
If I see one more post bashing Obama's long-dead, hardworking mother, I'll report it.
Huh?? There's nothing there bashing anyone. Seeing things? Look again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post
Except that D'Souza's background is not the same as Obama's. I read Obama's book several years ago, so I understand Obama's background. Obama was not raised by his biological father and had very little contact with him. Same is true for Obama's step brothers and sisters from his fathers side. Obama picked up very little if anything from his father. D'Souza is projecting his own upbringing onto Obama.
Not so. He's fleshing out Obama's own words.

Quote:
Everything I've read about the documentary from people who have seen it, says that it lays out D'Souza's assertions about Obama that he has already written and spoken about for years now. Of course, the people D'Souza presents in his documentary are supportive of his theory.

Obama never really knew his "absentee polygamist father".
That doesn't mean he doesn't care about his father. He's getting in touch now and closing that loop.

It's OK if someone refuses to see it; that's their loss; it's good to look at all sides of an issue and it's OK to be better informed.

It's not OK review negatively something one hasn't seen.

Old 09-08-2012, 12:23 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,157,975 times
Quote:
Where is the bashing? Obama may full well be illegitimate because his father was already married to a woman in Kenya when he married Obama's mother. Now that is fact, not bashing.

Old 09-08-2012, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
Huh?? There's nothing there bashing anyone. Seeing things? Look again.

Not so. He's fleshing out Obama's own words.
Through his (D'Souza's) own lens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound
That doesn't mean he doesn't care about his father. He's getting in touch now and closing that loop.

It's OK if someone refuses to see it; that's their loss; it's good to look at all sides of an issue and it's OK to be better informed.

It's not OK review negatively something one hasn't seen.
I've read reviews of the documentary by conservatives, in fact I linked to one in this thread. Those reviews indicate that the documentary covers the same ground that D'Souza has been talking about and writing about for several years now. While I can't address how well D'Souza packaged his views in this documentary, I can address his theories.

Old 09-08-2012, 12:26 PM

46,281 posts, read 27,093,964 times
Quote:
Funny....what bashing.....

Report it anyway....you don't decide the MODS do....

Old 09-08-2012, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Doesn't change the fact that there is zero evidence that Obama made the offer which is what has been asserted in this thread.

Black Liberatoin Theology is neither hateful or dividing message.
Oh, Reverend Wright is not going to get the peace award between the black and white races.. he is too full of resentment..

Rev. Wright says the 9/11 attacks were as he said , you reap what you sow.. America brought it on themselves.. In this press conference Reverend wright says his enemy are those who put him in chains.now that should be the democrats...and when was Rev. Wright in chains?.. he is showing his hate for white people.

National Press Club - Rev Wright Q & A (Part 1 of 3) - YouTube

Old 09-08-2012, 12:50 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,930,375 times
Understanding the 3rd world origins of liberation theology is indeed part of 2016 and understanding why Obama sat in Rev. Wright's church for 20 years. Only when it was politically expedient did Obama throw his mentor and long time minister under the bus.

Liberation Theology

A Concise History of Liberation Theology

Third World Theology - Brill Reference

Old 09-08-2012, 01:06 PM

James Hal Cone is the teacher of Reverend Wright and his Black Liberation Theology.

James Hal Cone - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies