Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2012, 12:04 AM

4,919 posts, read 4,832,582 times

Advertisements

Ran across an article from a Law Enforcement site this evening which asks the question:

"Will You Do It?"

The article is asking leo's .. if ordered, would they confiscate the weapons from law abiding citizens.

The article and majority of responses aren't all that frightening .. it is one of the responses that makes me cringe!

Here's the response from a reader (and presumed law enforcement officer) which got me to thinking ...

Quote:
Omar Little says: June 13, 2012 at 2:56 am

Absolutely I would and for several reasons.

1st. my job is on the line. I may not like it, but I will follow orders. If I don’t and someone is killed because of my inaction to follow orders, I may be left high and dry by my dept.

2nd. I have a gun. I will get to keep my gun. Nobody will take my gun home because I am the law. I will take your gun. See #1 above.

3rd. I believe in the Constitution, but it is a living document. With the way gangs and illegals are today, I want all the guns off the street. Only law enforcement should own guns. You don’t have the ability or desire to train and be profecient with a weapon. A single shot shotgun is about all you need for home defense and I’m really pushing my comfort zone to accept that.

4th. I will confiscate any weapon I find. You have a gun? You have a permit? Your gun is mine. I’ll let you spend a few thousand dollars with the judge to get your gun back if you really want it that bad. It doesn’t cost me a thing to confiscate your weapon, but it will cost you lots of time and lots of money to get it back. If need to depending on the weapon I may add charges even if I have to make them up to keep you away from the gun.

5th. I am sick of the .gov is coming after us. I know barrel jerkers like so many gun nuts are hoarding guns and ammo. Keep it up, because when we do come for them, I already know your neighbors won’t support you. Why? Because I am the law. You are guilty till the judge tells me you are not.

Will You Do It? | American Cop Magazine

My only answer to someone like this?
Bring It!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2012, 12:07 AM

11,531 posts, read 10,286,380 times
Who is Leo and why should I care about him?

Old 07-02-2012, 12:10 AM

5,872 posts, read 8,090,819 times
Figures. Another example of the thin blue line.

Old 07-02-2012, 12:11 AM

12,770 posts, read 11,559,730 times
yup, that is very scary. I don't even want to talk about this stuff online other than to say it might be a good idea to have some weaponry that doesn't require registering.

Old 07-02-2012, 12:13 AM

11,531 posts, read 10,286,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
yup, that is very scary. I don't even want to talk about this stuff online other than to say it might be a good idea to have some weaponry that doesn't require registering.
I recommend sling shots or muskets

Old 07-02-2012, 01:07 AM

4,919 posts, read 4,832,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
Makes you wonder just how much common sense these clowns have!
Law abiding folks 'ain't' the one's that are going to be using them (leo's) as target practice .. are they!?

5,4,3,2 ...1
Of course Obama and his minions might just want this kind of turmoil to declare martial law and a postponed (indefinitely) election!

Old 07-02-2012, 01:30 AM

2,505 posts, read 2,325,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
Who is Leo and why should I care about him?
In case you haven't discovered it yet, a LEO is a Law Enforcement Officer.

Old 07-02-2012, 02:22 AM

190 posts, read 301,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
I recommend sling shots or muskets
Trebuchets?

Old 07-02-2012, 02:31 AM

9,827 posts, read 6,932,912 times
In that event, I don't think it would be Andy and Barney coming to Collect firearms.... I think Andy and Barney are smarter than that. It would take a really ignorant armed force that didn't have any idea of how seriously Americans take the second ammendment. Now where could a really inept armed force be located??

Old 07-02-2012, 03:00 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,032,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrClose View Post
Ran across an article from a Law Enforcement site this evening which asks the question:

"Will You Do It?"

The article is asking leo's .. if ordered, would they confiscate the weapons from law abiding citizens.
It is a silly question, and even worse poorly stated.

If a law is outlawing the personal possession of fire arms is enacted, then the person possessing said weapon is by definition not a law abiding citizen. Asking an officer to confiscate a lawfully possessed fire arm would be beyond the scope of their duties and they would have an obligation to refuse to confiscate any lawfully possessed firearms.

I would be interested in the responses to a properly worded question.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies