Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-02-2012, 11:23 AM

9,617 posts, read 6,062,579 times

Advertisements

Surely, you have not forgotten that you are the one, the only one, who said ..."the SC didn't exactly call it a tax". It is unavoidable. The Supremes were clear, it is a tax. Your boys and girls tried to deflect that fact. Just, as are deflecting into discussions of nicotine, cars, Mass law, or other realms that have nothing to do with the flip flopping of the Democratic President and Congress. We can get into those comparisons if the SCOTUS ever rules on them. Until then...

I'm through with your clever - I'll give you credit for cleverness - deflections, but nothing more. Eighteen months, and you get to start paying for my retirement. That big, fat check every month, along with tax sheltered income will make for a high old time. Tee hee hee.

Better get to work on making lots of kiddies. You'll need them to pay for you SS. Assuming it survives that long.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Group think, clearly, is working in full force. Call my bluff by quoting the SC, that mandate is a tax.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2012, 11:23 AM

6,391 posts, read 5,166,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzards27 View Post
If the question of whether the ACA penalty was a tax was the issue before the court that question would have gone down one to eight. Why do you on the right think a one to eight vote on what the penalty is called is a winner?
Because, their own attorney argued it was a tax!

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2012...ack-lew-video/

So, is it a tax, and Obama lied, or is it NOT a tax, and their attorney committed perjury in front of the supreme court?

Old 07-02-2012, 11:24 AM

6,391 posts, read 5,166,596 times
Quote:
Group think, clearly, is working in full force. Call my bluff by quoting the SC, that mandate is a tax.
The attorney for Obama Care argues in front of of the Supreme Court it IS a tax. So, did the attorney for obamacare commit perjury?

Busted: Audio of Obama Lawyer Arguing Obamacare Is a Tax Stuns WH Chief of Staff Jack Lew (Video)

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2012...ack-lew-video/

Old 07-02-2012, 11:26 AM

30,063 posts, read 18,660,332 times
Quote:
YOU SURE OF THAT?

Here is the part of the constitution Roberts' OPINION, his "taxing authority" opinion, relied on, " The Congress shall have Power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises...." Anyone notice the bold part???

Yes, I am sure. The crux of Robert's argument is that the law would have been uncontitutional had it been a penalty and not a tax.

I love it-

Liberals are now beginning to realize that they have just been stuck with a giant political turd and are very unhappy about it. Join the club. Now EVERYONE is unhappy about Obamacare- libs and conservatives alike. The GOOD THING is that this essentially assures Obama's defeat and will probably deliver the senate to the republicans.

Roberts was BRILLIANT.

17,400 posts, read 11,972,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Why is it the biggest slap to freedom you have ever seen after I have been buying health insurance for many years?
Because up until now, it's been your CHOICE to buy it or not. The choice is not available anymore.

19,890 posts, read 18,749,261 times
Quote:
If the question of whether the ACA penalty was a tax was the issue before the court that question would have gone down one to eight. Why do you on the right think a one to eight vote on what the penalty is called is a winner?
Ummm, because the White House, through their solicitor general argued it is a tax, and the supreme court accepted that argument. If the Whit House did not argue that it is a tax, the lefties would be whining today because it was sht Dow.

Old 07-02-2012, 11:31 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,813,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
I don't know if I should call that a lie - or just say you are ill informed
Obama, nor his administration fought for a public option.
I don't try to be politically correct, so allow me to call that a lie.

Quote:
Obama is owned by Big Pharm and Private Insurance Companies just as much
And the opposition has nothing. I guess that explains why these private insurance companies spent over $100 million in ads against ObamaCare.

Quote:
Obama didn't run on "getting a public option", "public Option" was not heard in any of his speeches, discussed in any debates; or in any of his TV promos. Sometimes, I wonder what folks voted for Obama on
Why must you lie? Is it because truth doesn't help your cause?

"I strongly believe that Americans should have the choice of a public health insurance option operating alongside private plans. This will give them a better range of choices, make the health care market more competitive, and keep insurance companies honest."
- President Obama, June 2009

What was YOUR take on the subject then?

Old 07-02-2012, 11:34 AM

Quote:
But if mandate = tax, then it is.

Nope, unless your reading is selective but in which case I can't help it.

It does, if a claim is being made that mandate = tax. I understand it doesn't make for a convenient position for people like you.

State mandate = State tax?

Is purchasing tobacco a hobby of yours? Even if it were, is it a tax on people who don't?

Are you suggesting that free riders don't engage in commerce?
Bingo, there we go. The Pelosi Talking Point. Now, anyone that chooses to pay for their own healthcare, instead of getting insurance, is a "free rider". What does that even mean? Is it kind of like "freeloader", ala welfare recipients, food stampers, and illegals?

Old 07-02-2012, 11:35 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,813,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthlyfather View Post
Surely, you have not forgotten that you are the one, the only one, who said ..."the SC didn't exactly call it a tax". It is unavoidable. The Supremes were clear, it is a tax.
The power to levy taxes <> tax. Got it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Bingo, there we go. The Pelosi Talking Point. Now, anyone that chooses to pay for their own healthcare, instead of getting insurance, is a "free rider". What does that even mean? Is it kind of like "freeloader", ala welfare recipients, food stampers, and illegals?
Actually, that was Mitt Romney's argument. And the link was provided in the post you responded to.

Old 07-02-2012, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Yes, I am sure. The crux of Robert's argument is that the law would have been uncontitutional had it been a penalty and not a tax.

I love it-

Liberals are now beginning to realize that they have just been stuck with a giant political turd and are very unhappy about it. Join the club. Now EVERYONE is unhappy about Obamacare- libs and conservatives alike. The GOOD THING is that this essentially assures Obama's defeat and will probably deliver the senate to the republicans.

Roberts was BRILLIANT.
I agree. Not only does he hand the Senate and WH to the GOP, but upcoming Supreme Court appointments as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies