Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Why are you a single mother
I left. He was abusive 2 22.22%
I left. It just didn't work out 0 0%
It was a one-night stand 0 0%
I left. He screwed around too much 0 0%
I left. He was an alchoholic, druggie, too irresponsible at the time 2 22.22%
I left. He was never around and I wanted out 0 0%
He left. He found someoen else 0 0%
He left. He didn't want the responsibility 1 11.11%
He left. It was out of necessity for family, job, or location reasons 0 0%
He left. I was abusive 0 0%
He left. I screwed around too much 1 11.11%
He left. I was an alcoholic, druggie, too irresponsible at the time 3 33.33%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2012, 09:17 PM

657 posts, read 716,892 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by joebaldknobber View Post
Women are single mothers because "they are being punished with a baby for drinkin & fooling around, and not getting an abortion".
abortion just wrong -------- dude that could have been me or you aborted.....

Old 07-02-2012, 09:37 PM

1,084 posts, read 1,845,812 times
The mom's I know that were single moms--that are good friends of mine:

One was being physically abused by her "so"-and before anyone says "she knew this before she married him", well in her case that was NOT the case. He start abusing her toward the end of her pregnancy and it only got worse with time.

Another, the so left in the middle of her pregnancy, literally(they lived together--and he moved out and said he could no longer be in the relationship) and he does not pay child support or help her in anyway.

Another found out her so was cheating on her with several different women and left him.

The rest I know, for whatever reason the relationships didn't work out once the kids were brought into the world. It's odd too, now that I think about it, because a lot of them had REALLY good marriages/relationships prior to the pregnancies, and then it's like once they got pregnant, or had the child, I saw many of these relationships just go really down south.

I only know of one couple where the woman got pregnant to keep the man, who walked out anyway(and that is a very older cousin of mine).

It seems like the majority of single mom's I know, either were in abusive relationships, were being cheated on, or the relationships just didn't work out.

Old 07-02-2012, 09:40 PM

38,642 posts, read 26,374,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by to570717 View Post
It is almost always because the man is afraid of the responsibility both emotionally and financially. There are a lot of single moms who are widowed.

Single moms no matter what the reason get a lot of respect from me.....

Do you have a link to the study which proves your claims, or did you just make that one up?

Old 07-02-2012, 09:45 PM

2,548 posts, read 2,163,372 times
For every single mother, there is a deadbeat father.

Old 07-02-2012, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I only closely know 3 single Mothers.

One was married since just out of high school, she's 29 now. She has two kids, was pregnant with the third when her husband flipped out, told her he wasn't ready and left her for a 19 year old. He hid his assets well and she gets nothing from him for child support or alimony, he planned on leaving all along.

The second was with her fiance for 6 years, she got pregnant and 2 days after she told him he disappeared. Literally left in the middle of the day while she was at work, took all of his stuff and left. She had to find a roommate to finish out her lease and then move back home with her parents because she couldn't afford it anymore especially with the baby on the way.

The third is a good friend of mine who divorced her husband because he was abusive to her and their child.

Shame you don't also know these three men because then you could get the other side of the story.

Old 07-02-2012, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Shame you don't also know these three men because then you could get the other side of the story.
He doesn't know the three men because they are not around, which says a lot

Old 07-02-2012, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunkisses87 View Post
The mom's I know that were single moms--that are good friends of mine:

One was being physically abused by her "so"-and before anyone says "she knew this before she married him", well in her case that was NOT the case. He start abusing her toward the end of her pregnancy and it only got worse with time.

Another, the so left in the middle of her pregnancy, literally(they lived together--and he moved out and said he could no longer be in the relationship) and he does not pay child support or help her in anyway.

Another found out her so was cheating on her with several different women and left him.

The rest I know, for whatever reason the relationships didn't work out once the kids were brought into the world. It's odd too, now that I think about it, because a lot of them had REALLY good marriages/relationships prior to the pregnancies, and then it's like once they got pregnant, or had the child, I saw many of these relationships just go really down south.

I only know of one couple where the woman got pregnant to keep the man, who walked out anyway(and that is a very older cousin of mine).

It seems like the majority of single mom's I know, either were in abusive relationships, were being cheated on, or the relationships just didn't work out.

Have you ever talked to any of these men to get the other side of the story or do you simply assume what you are told by these women is completely true?

Old 07-02-2012, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frugality View Post
He doesn't know the three men because they are not around, which says a lot

Agreed.

It says he has heard one side of the story.

Old 07-02-2012, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Agreed.

It says he has heard one side of the story.
If a father isn't around his kids, you pretty much know most of the story

Old 07-02-2012, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frugality View Post
For every single mother, there is a deadbeat father.

Link?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies