Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2012, 04:27 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,483,748 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
Which extreme ideologues would they be? I don't know any conservative who despises the police.
Plenty of crackhead Lefties do, though.
There are the crackhead lefties who think that the police are harassing them anytime they stop them from destroying someone's private property.

And then there are the small group of paranoid righties armed to the teeth who think that absolutely anything short of anarchy is an encroachment upon their Constitutional freedoms to live like Mad Max. If a cop glances at them, they pull out their camera, wave their gun, and hope to God that they're about to have their "Tiananmen Square" moment.

Both SUCK.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2012, 04:33 PM

477 posts, read 366,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim9251 View Post
Inferring what, exactly?
New Indiana Law Allows Citizens to Shoot Police Officers

Old 07-03-2012, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
The cops were polite and acted professionally.
This woman claims the apartment complex is
her private property? There was no search;
the stuff was in plain sight. Who do these
idiots call when they are crime victims?
Ignoring someone's request to not touch their private property and acting like a thug is polite and professional? There was a search he was searching through the things sitting on the table. ALL he had to do was ask to see the guns.

Old 07-03-2012, 08:31 PM

12,858 posts, read 16,922,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CouponDad View Post
So you're advocating the murder of a police officer while checking on a yard sale?

Old 07-03-2012, 08:35 PM

Didn't advocate anything actually. You asked what I meant. Indiana has a law now that allows home owners to shoot cops who are illegally in their homes...the cop in this situation was illegally trespassing on private property. Course it was California the left's bastion of stupidity so. You can assume whatever you like from it. I merely made a statement.

Old 07-03-2012, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Didn't advocate anything actually. You asked what I meant. Indiana has a law now that allows home owners to shoot cops who are illegally in their homes...the cop in this situation was illegally trespassing on private property. Course it was California the left's bastion of stupidity so. You can assume whatever you like from it. I merely made a statement.
So walking on an outdoor apartment complex to a public yard sale, is the same as a cop breaking into your home?

And it's ok to shoot police officers in that situation?

Old 07-03-2012, 08:40 PM

Its private property so yes its the same. In Indiana its ok to shoot officers in that situation that is what the law was passed for. In California you would probably get life in prison if not death even if you were justified.

Old 07-03-2012, 08:41 PM

Amazing absolutely amazing. Good luck with that logic.

Old 07-03-2012, 08:46 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,137,208 times
Quote:
Considering how police generally respond to folks shooting at them I will hazard to guess that not many will have the opportunity to test the validity of this law in court. But then again, so it goes with idiotic reactionary Republicans who rush to pass idiotic statutes which their constituency are generally too stupid to correctly interpret. So unless Joe Bob, is well read on the myriad of state appellate and Supreme Court rulings establishing what is and what isn't a lawful search, I suspect those who survive the use of deadly force against the police will be in for a rude awakening if they do manage to have their day in court.

(I strongly suggest that the idiots keep and bear their video cameras like the woman linked to by the OP, rather than guns)

Old 07-03-2012, 08:47 PM

What is so hard for you to understand here? She was not the only apartment dweller there..there were others who wanted the cop gone as well he was trespassing without probable cause on private property. You telling me if someone says you are growing weed in your home the cops should be allowed to just bust in no warrant no knocking nothing and tear your home apart to see if you really are growing weed?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies