Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2012, 05:22 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,346,222 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CouponDad View Post
Quote:
In Indiana, police officers are upset over a new law allowing residents to use deadly force against public servants, including law enforcement officers, who unlawfully enter their homes.
So at what point did the officer(s) unlawfully enter the woman's home? Are we all watching the same video here?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2012, 05:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CouponDad View Post
What is so hard for you to understand here? She was not the only apartment dweller there..there were others who wanted the cop gone as well he was trespassing without probable cause on private property. You telling me if someone says you are growing weed in your home the cops should be allowed to just bust in no warrant no knocking nothing and tear your home apart to see if you really are growing weed?
Cops get call about illegal gun sales

Cops arrive and guns are in plain view

What would your version of probable cause be?

Old 07-06-2012, 05:39 AM

18,358 posts, read 26,495,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
Why would someone openly carry an unloaded gun (loaded was illegal) other than for the "LOOK AT ME!!!!!" affect. So what does she do if someone breaks into her house in the middle of the night if she doesn't call the police?
Because that was the only way in CA for anyone to remotely have some form of protection at hand.

I don't know, maybe shoot the violent thugs? The cops won't protect you when someone is already in your home.

Old 07-06-2012, 05:42 AM

Quote:
Cops get call about illegal gun sales

Cops arrive and guns are in plain view

What would your version of probable cause be?
Anonymous phone tips about guns does not constitute probable cause. The SCOTUS has ruled this in the past.

Old 07-06-2012, 05:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
Because that was the only way in CA for anyone to remotely have some form of protection at hand.

I don't know, maybe shoot the violent thugs? The cops won't protect you when someone is already in your home.
So when attacked she would have time to load the gun, cycle the action, aim, and fire before the thug got the drop on her. Cool. She must have awesome skills....

Old 07-06-2012, 05:45 AM

Quote:
Anonymous phone tips about guns does not constitute probable cause. The SCOTUS has ruled this in the past.
How about guns in plain view for sale at a yard sale?

Old 07-06-2012, 05:52 AM

Quote:
How about guns in plain view for sale at a yard sale?
There were no real guns. They responded to a call that did not provide legal probable cause, and visible fake guns did not provide it either.

Quote:
So when attacked she would have time to load the gun, cycle the action, aim, and fire before the thug got the drop on her. Cool. She must have awesome skills....
Might be possible in some situations. A semi-auto handgun can be loaded and prepped pretty quickly. Of course CA's restrictions on carrying loaded guns need to be tossed into the trash bin of unconstitutional laws.

Old 07-06-2012, 05:55 AM

8,877 posts, read 13,915,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC4Me View Post
It wasn't her property, it belonged to the apartment complex owner. And who needs to be "invited" to a garage sale? Isn't having the sale an open invitation to browse throught the merchandise?

I agree with what others have said. Something is fishy about this whole thing.
AMEN! Just another episode in the freakshow of life for these people. I love the interpretation of laws that some folks have and then they start a whole website about it.

Old 07-06-2012, 06:07 AM

Quote:
There were no real guns. They responded to a call that did not provide legal probable cause, and visible fake guns did not provide it either.

Might be possible in some situations. A semi-auto handgun can be loaded and prepped pretty quickly. Of course CA's restrictions on carrying loaded guns need to be tossed into the trash bin of unconstitutional laws.
This is an airsoft gun which is what they had at the sale:

Might be possible, eh? That comment leads me to believe that you know absolutely nothing about guns.

Tueller Drill - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 07-06-2012, 06:18 AM

Quote:
This is an airsoft gun which is what they had at the sale:
You would think a cop would feel like an idiot for mixing up airsoft guns and real guns. But no, not in CA.

Quote:
Might be possible, eh? That comment leads me to believe that you know absolutely nothing about guns.

Tueller Drill - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
It really depends on what happens. A person could during a struggle get their gun out and get it ready. If 2 or more people are carrying unloaded and one is attacked the other could help. If some thugs are coming at a person in a threatening manner from across a street or something they could have time. If someone's in a store's back end and someone at the front is starting to shoot the place up, they might have time.

I think I know more about guns than a person who mixes up airsoft and real guns.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies