Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2012, 02:03 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,867,870 times

Advertisements

"Republican Rep. Joe Walsh (R-IL), knocked his Democratic opponent Tammy Duckworth — a veteran who lost both of her legs as a helicopter pilot in Iraq — for talking about her military career too much. Discussing her accomplishments, Walsh suggested, meant that Duckworth was not a “true [hero].

I’m running against a woman who — I mean, my God, that’s all she talks about,” said Walsh, in video posted by Think Progress. “Our true heroes, it’s the last thing in the world they talk about. Our true heroes, the men and women who served us, it’s the last thing in the world they talk about. That’s why we are so indebted and in awe of what they have done.”

Walsh Slams Duckworth: ‘True Heroes’ Don’t Talk About Their Military Service | TPM2012

Says the man who never served a day in his life. I guess only Republican vets are heroes...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2012, 02:07 PM

477 posts, read 365,027 times
Wow...there is a video on the page. That guy is a real ******* pardon my french. That is way out of line. Also enough of the partisan politics. Who gives a crap if he is democrat,republican,green,libertarian etc etc...he is a real piece of crap for saying those things no matter his party preference...

Old 07-03-2012, 02:09 PM

477 posts, read 365,027 times
This just bugs the hell out of me. I am not a vet. But my father and stepfather and uncles and grandfather was. I respect what veterans do and have done...what the heck gives him the right to think its ok to bash ANY VETERAN? I think veterans groups need to get behind the woman running against him and make sure he is defeated..just pisses me off.

Old 07-03-2012, 02:14 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,680,593 times
He never said she wasn't a true hero. He was stating that she never shuts up about it.

Now, was it insensitive? yes, was it untrue? maybe not.

I'll tell you one thing though, It was a stupid political move on his part.

Old 07-03-2012, 02:17 PM

6,233 posts, read 9,478,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
"Republican Rep. Joe Walsh (R-IL), knocked his Democratic opponent Tammy Duckworth — a veteran who lost both of her legs as a helicopter pilot in Iraq — for talking about her military career too much. Discussing her accomplishments, Walsh suggested, meant that Duckworth was not a “true [hero].

I’m running against a woman who — I mean, my God, that’s all she talks about,” said Walsh, in video posted by Think Progress. “Our true heroes, it’s the last thing in the world they talk about. Our true heroes, the men and women who served us, it’s the last thing in the world they talk about. That’s why we are so indebted and in awe of what they have done.”

Walsh Slams Duckworth: ‘True Heroes’ Don’t Talk About Their Military Service | TPM2012

Says the man who never served a day in his life. I guess only Republican vets are heroes...
What a despicable human being.

Old 07-03-2012, 02:20 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,095,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
He never said she wasn't a true hero. He was stating that she never shuts up about it.
Yes he did. If you say "I like cats," and then I say "True heroes don't like cats," I have said that you are not a true hero. It's called the transitive property.

Old 07-03-2012, 02:20 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,867,870 times
Quote:
He never said she wasn't a true hero.
Really? Here is his exact quote:

"Our true heroes, it’s the last thing in the world they talk about. Our true heroes, the men and women who served us, it’s the last thing in the world they talk about."

Sure sounds like he was saying she wasn't a true hero to me because she talks about her service.

Quote:
I'll tell you one thing though, It was a stupid political move on his part.
We agree on that.

Old 07-03-2012, 02:22 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,641,738 times
Quote:
Yes, he did, when he stated that:

“Our true heroes, it’s the last thing in the world they talk about..."

Old 07-03-2012, 02:24 PM

7,242 posts, read 7,904,172 times
Disgusting.

Old 07-03-2012, 02:28 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,680,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Yes he did. If you say "I like cats," and then I say "True heroes don't like cats," I have said that you are not a true hero. It's called the transitive property.
Again he never stated she wasn't a true hero.

Is he a bombastic dumb ass? Sounds like it.

I got that he was calling her a braggart.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies