U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2012, 09:12 PM

15,395 posts, read 21,724,443 times

Advertisements

African-American voters in Ohio are shifting their stance to favor same-sex marriage, according to a new poll released on Tuesday by Public Policy Polling.

It appears N.O.M.'s strategy to pit minority groups against each other and hence against Obama being reelected has backfired!

Poll: Majority Of Blacks Support Gay Marriage After Obama's Endorsement

Ohio's Black Voters Support Same-Sex Marriage After Obama's Endorsement, Poll Finds

This represents a change of 54 percentage points since October.

A full 76 percent of those surveyed in the new poll support same-sex couples being allowed to either marry or form civil unions.

Also Obama's endorsement has not affected his support among Black voters nor any demographic group or population cohort!

Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2012, 09:28 PM

1,922 posts, read 3,816,871 times
I honestly didn't know that African American votes found same sex marriage unfavorable. Interesting information. I'm sure the consensus point of view favoring same-sex marriage is found across many states. Not just Ohio.

Old 07-03-2012, 09:28 PM

4,991 posts, read 4,353,657 times
This shows that many already supported it but needed someone to give them the cover they needed to be open about it. Nothing like having the POTUS give you cover on a touchy subject.

Old 07-03-2012, 09:29 PM

272 posts, read 221,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nj21 View Post
I honestly didn't know that African American votes found same sex marriage unfavorable. Interesting information. I'm sure the consensus point of view favoring same-sex marriage is found across many states. Not just Ohio.
African Americans are usually very religious.

Old 07-03-2012, 09:31 PM

2,714 posts, read 2,913,215 times
To some people skin color, is more important then morals and values.....
If Obama was any other race, it would be a whole different story.

It's a shame. People are so quick to abandon their values.

If Obama sacrificed a baby on the whitehouse lawn a good portion would find a reason to support that too.

Old 07-03-2012, 09:32 PM

1,922 posts, read 3,816,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by selrahC View Post
African Americans are usually very religious.
That's true.

Old 07-03-2012, 09:33 PM

17,474 posts, read 12,407,400 times
Sheep turn left, Sheep turn right, President Obama sure knows how to herd..........

At least this is from the left's valued source, if it was the Blaze they'd be clogging this thread............

Old 07-03-2012, 09:37 PM

4,991 posts, read 4,353,657 times
Most blacks realize that keeping others from having the same rights as everybody else is all kinds of hypocritical. Just needed someone to lead them away from the bronze age foolishness that they've been taught their religion expects. If anything they've been sheep to the babble for far too long.

Old 07-03-2012, 09:38 PM

31,381 posts, read 35,684,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
This shows that many already supported it but needed someone to give them the cover they needed to be open about it. Nothing like having the POTUS give you cover on a touchy subject.
That's actually an interesting comment. Don't know how true it is, but it is interesting nonetheless. I don't hang out with bible thumbing black folks so I don't know any African Americans, at least to my knowledge, who were opposed to it to begin with but like I said most of the folks in my family and all of my friends black white or otherwise tend to disregard religious dicta.

Old 07-03-2012, 09:39 PM

31,381 posts, read 35,684,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Sheep turn left, Sheep turn right, President Obama sure knows how to herd..........
Anyone besides me see the irony in a Shepherd complaining about sheep?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies