Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2012, 02:06 AM

9,137 posts, read 5,798,959 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
You could add virtually every nation on the planet. It should be positively embarrassing that every third world country from the Pacific Islands to the Far East can understand the basic science behind climate change when the citizens of one of the most technologically advanced can't seem to figure it out (of course maintaining that consumer driven technology humming along goes hand in hand with the denial movement).

I should ask somebody in one of those third world countries
my question that I just can't seem to get an answer to:
Why is the "global warming" on Mars and Venus mirroring ours?
Are we mucking up the entire solar system?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2012, 02:16 AM

170 posts, read 129,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
I should ask somebody in one of those third world countries
my question that I just can't seem to get an answer to:
Why is the "global warming" on Mars and Venus mirroring ours?
Are we mucking up the entire solar system?
Actually we don't have long term data. The data that we do have is from 1999 to 2005. We also know that its not solar related in terms of output. Otherwise we would observe other planets and planetary objects as well. Some scientists think that winds have increased temperatures which led to more wind and a feedback of sorts.

Old 07-04-2012, 02:20 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,041,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don9 View Post
Wrong ... we don't even have weather data going back 100 years which is nothing in the scheme of the global temperature cycles.
Sure we do.

We have diaries of the great explorers. We have diaries of great men such as George Washington and Benjamin Franklin. We also have "Frankenstein" which was written during the "year without a summer".

Read about the mini ice age that struck Europe in the 1700's.

We're better off with warming that cooling anyway.

Old 07-04-2012, 02:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ja1myn View Post
Never heard that one before. I wonder who comes up with all these dumb theories.
It has happened many times in the past. We have the fossil record to prove it.

My God man.....don't you read?

Old 07-04-2012, 02:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
You could add virtually every nation on the planet. It should be positively embarrassing that every third world country from the Pacific Islands to the Far East can understand the basic science behind climate change when the citizens of one of the most technologically advanced can't seem to figure it out (of course maintaining that consumer driven technology humming along goes hand in hand with the denial movement).
Really?

If they're so damned smart, why are they third world?

Believe me, given the chance between their current life style and ours, they would jump at ours in a heartbeat.

Old 07-04-2012, 02:36 AM

12,350 posts, read 9,710,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joebaldknobber View Post
Did you realize weather existed before you were born?

200 years ago they had tornados in Oklahoma, 100 degree weather in Chicago, and hurricanes in the Gulf of Mexico.

The problem is the world is populated by individuals that don't realize the world will survive with or without them.

Global Warming makes people feel important and powerful.

The planet doesn't give a sh!!.
Can't say it any better than that.

And yet millions upon millions of our youth have been programmed to believe we are killing the planet. The conformity and ready compliance of today's youth is, by far, the greatest threat to our freedom that we have ever faced.

Old 07-04-2012, 06:14 AM

6,616 posts, read 13,824,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
It has happened many times in the past. We have the fossil record to prove it.

My God man.....don't you read?
You obviously didn't read the previous posts.

Old 07-04-2012, 06:42 AM

10,832 posts, read 14,926,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ja1myn View Post
Oh brother. I'm so tired of all this global warming crap. History and science both show us that climate change is part of how the Earth evolves. We went through the Ice Age and all that junk. It's a cyclical change every however many years.

I think I read somewhere that only 2% of the CO2 in the atmosphere is from our man-made emissions...so the argument of us causing global warming is pretty much shot down.
Anything to fit the agenda.

What gets me is last winter with cooler than normal temperatures in areas it didn't matter. The global warming crowd was quick to short duration or regional changes pointing to cooling didn't matter. But now we have a few days of hotter than normal temperatures, kind of like the summer of 1933, and it is proof of man made global warming.

Old 07-04-2012, 07:43 AM

471 posts, read 600,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post
Anything to fit the agenda.

What gets me is last winter with cooler than normal temperatures in areas it didn't matter. The global warming crowd was quick to short duration or regional changes pointing to cooling didn't matter. But now we have a few days of hotter than normal temperatures, kind of like the summer of 1933, and it is proof of man made global warming.
You got it! Leftists are very hypocritical/manipulative to get their agenda forced on society. When it is well below normal, they claim "weather doesn't make climate". However, anytime its hot, "oh man, its proof of GLOBAL WARMING". Never mind the Pacific coast has been BELOW average all of June. It has been hotter in the past, it has been cooler in the past, weather changes and climate from a geological standpoint changes, albeit in slower timeline.

for AGW devotees, it is their religion, their devotion, their worship, every event in the world is filtered through that lens of their religion because they need it to be true and no amount of discussion to the contrary will sway a true believer, actually it only strengthens their belief. Healthy skeptical inquiry is lost on them. Anytime you hear "the science is settled", "deniers", and "heretics" , you know you are dealing with a dogmatic zealot who has no interest in critical analysis. The science is NEVER settled, never will be because the learning and understanding potential is infinite.

Old 07-04-2012, 07:46 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,190,568 times
so we are back to global warming now? whatever happened to climate change, since climate change has been happening since the birth of the planet earth.

here we go again with the fallacy of global warming.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies