Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2012, 10:50 AM

5,036 posts, read 5,135,543 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Only when he denounces the same types of comments from (and creates a thread about) the mulitude of White entertainers.
Would it make you feel better if i put "far, far left white leftists.."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2012, 10:52 AM

1,922 posts, read 3,984,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
Closed? Why? Read the damn link people. Geez. Its not the difficult.
Yes. CLOSED.

Old 07-04-2012, 10:52 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,409,587 times
Quote:
Only when he denounces the same types of comments from (and creates a thread about) the mulitude of White entertainers.
He did include far far leftists, I'm assuming they're white. It's seems to me your initial post would be better directed to the entertainers he refers to as they seem to believe Black people have no business celebrating the 4th.

Old 07-04-2012, 10:53 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,522,269 times
Quote:
Excuse me? Why dont you read the tweets at the link and then get back to me. Dont shoot the messenger if you have a problem with the message. I dont owe anyone anything. Notice I put "SOME" in the title. Dont make this out that I think most blacks hate America.
But we all know that YOU do hate Black Americans. So how is that different?

You have an "agenda" and it is abundantly clear in the threads you chose to create.

Again, YOU owe ALL of the people of African descent who have fought and died for America an apology. How dare YOU? How do you think you are? You are spitting on the graves of MY ancestors who gave their lives for this country in service.

There isn't an ounce of "patriotism" in what you are doing? And you should really be ashamed. Disgusting.

Old 07-04-2012, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavaturaccioli View Post
I think it's the height of bad taste to run this country down on a day when we're all supposed to be celebrating its founding. The Chris Rocks and Aaron Sorkins of this world are without a sense of shame. To hell with 'em.
I'm not too familiar with Aaron Sorkins, I don't think I enjoy most of his works anyway. I'll make more of an effort to avoid Chris Rock's works in the future.

Old 07-04-2012, 10:54 AM

8,653 posts, read 6,129,575 times
Quote:
We will never see that from BucsLose... Those type of threads don't fit his agenda...

Old 07-04-2012, 10:55 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,179,016 times
Quote:
Shameful: Aaron Sorkin, Left celebrate Independence Day by slamming America; Update: Chris Rock joins in; Don Cheadle laughs along | Twitchy

Never waste an opportunity to bash America and play the race baiting game. News flash, we dont have slavery anymore and im pretty sure non of you black people alive now were ever slaves, so quit going out of your way to find something to whine and cry about. I realize most of you will always see things through race, but you know what? Youd be better off and a happier person if you didnt.

And if you live in America, and have such a problem with it, get the hell out then. Thats to people like Chris Rock. How many millions and millions has he made for not being funny in America? Only to bash it when ever he gets the chance. Get out you unfunny, over paid, jerk. Move to Africa, Iran, North Korea.
.....says the guy who started his 100th race baiting thread.

Old 07-04-2012, 10:55 AM

5,036 posts, read 5,135,543 times
Mod changed the title. Hope this suits people a little better than my title. This wasnt created to bash black people. But to bash those using race to bash America on its birthday.

We live in the greatest nation, for now, on earth. Where EVERYONE has the opportunity to succeed if they try hard enough, and if they sometimes luck out. You're free here. You chose your path. Our past isnt always pleasant but we are not there anymore. To hold such hate and anger for our country, especially on its birthday, you really shouldnt complain if you actually live here. You have such a view, then leave. Go find another country that you think is better or has a better history then. Let me know how that works out for you

Old 07-04-2012, 10:56 AM

At any rate by the end of the day Chris and this Sorkin fellow will be issuing mea culpas.

Old 07-04-2012, 10:56 AM

1,922 posts, read 3,984,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
What's wrong with it? He is responding to tweets by black celebs bashing America for historical wrongs as if no country on earth has faults.

As Calipoppy correctly points out Blacks have fought in every war this country has ever had and even before that. They are one of the earliest ethnic groups in the country. Blacks in America are wealthier, more educated and enjoy a far better standard of living than any other Sub-Saharan African descended people on Earth.

So why shouldn't African Americans celebrate the 4th of July? Why would Black celebs choose to bash America on its birthday while simultaneously ignoring the many positives of the Black experience in America?
You do know that wealth is distributed only by 2% of the population right? Therefore, I'm pretty sure these black celebs are referring to the other majority percent of the black population who are destitute, struggling, and discriminated against on a regular basis.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies