Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2012, 06:40 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,023,289 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Someone mentioned "Rush" and I asked what that meant - I suggested the first thing that popped into my mind - which was the band RUSH.
Since they are conservative you could argue it's the band he meant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2012, 06:42 PM

29,094 posts, read 25,996,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
Since they are conservative you could argue it's the band he meant.
I've never paid any attention to their politics - but their music is pretty good.

Thanks! Now I have another reason to like them!

Old 07-05-2012, 06:43 PM

45 posts, read 22,045 times
I suspect most of these "self-centered" people are those whom want lower taxes! ...

Old 07-05-2012, 06:44 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,803,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyjohnny38 View Post
the lunch that a soldier purchased at Baltimore airport last week. There were about 15-20 people inline ahead of me at Subway at BWI. When I got online, this young soldier was number four inline. Not one person acknowledged him, thanked him, or even offered to buy him lunch. As he was reaching into his pocket to pay I walked over to the register and said "Thanks man, this ones on me". These kids are leaving home for months at a time, many may not even come home. Take care of those that take care of us. Please acknowledge the men and women who serve America. If you can't afford to treat them to a lunch, a simple smile or thank you will make them feel good.
Do you realize how many military personnel go through BWI? Plus they get extra money to purchase these things while in transit, so I have already paid for their lunch via my taxes.

What rank was this guy? He probably makes more in pay and benefits than most Americans.

Old 07-05-2012, 06:45 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,095,708 times
Quote:
Sigh - if you read my post - you understand that I was not "playing dumb"?

Someone mentioned "Rush" and I asked what that meant - I suggested the first thing that popped into my mind - which was the band RUSH.

Interestingly - the person whom I responded to hasn't chimed in to clarify. You are the only one who claims that Rush Limbaugh was the person being referred to. Why don't we wait to see what Woof has to say?
Sure you weren't playing dumb . You're in a politics forum, and when somebody mentioned "Rush" thinking for you, Rush Limbaugh never occurred to you? Really? Especially when you have many posts in which you talk about Rush Limbaugh and listening to his show, and even are read enough in Rush Limbaugh that you have quotes from his book floating around in your head ready to type out if you find them relevant.

And again - when I responded to your post is was 3 words long: "Who is Rush". You went back and added the bulk of the post - including the link about Rush the band - later in what I'm thinking is an attempt to be funny.

Old 07-05-2012, 06:45 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,286,380 times
Quote:
Umm - no - I was busy finding the RUSH page and editing my post - maybe we crossed paths with our posts.

Rush Limbaugh was the person that the poster was referring to? I haven't listened to him for months. Besides - what is your point? People who listen to radio programs can't think for themselves?

Ha-ha. Very funny.

That thought wouldn't have crossed your mind because Limbaugh happens to be a conservative talk show host - would it? Would you also say that people who listen to liberal talk shows can't think for themselves?

C'mon - now is your opportunity to prove that you aren't a hypocrite.

I am waiting.
If you are a conservative, heck, if you are into politics you've listened to Rush, either directly, or through his army of mindless drone minions.

Rush is probably one of the most visibly influential conservatives in America. When Rush sneezes, the right wing catches a cold. He has more pull than Romney or any of the GOP nominees.

Old 07-05-2012, 06:46 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,023,289 times

RUSH - The Trees - Snakes and Arrows Live - YouTube

Quote:
There is unrest in the forest
There is trouble with the trees
For the maples want more sunlight
And the oaks ignore their pleas

The trouble with the maples
(And they're quite convinced they're right)
They say the oaks are just too lofty
And they grab up all the light
But the oaks can't help their feelings
If they like the way they're made
And they wonder why the maples
Can't be happy in their shade

There is trouble in the forest
And the creatures all have fled
As the maples scream 'Oppression!'
And the oaks just shake their heads

So the maples formed a union
And demanded equal rights
'The oaks are just too greedy
We will make them give us light'
Now there's no more oak oppression
For they passed a noble law
And the trees are all kept equal
By hatchet, axe and saw
If that isn't conservative I don't know what is.

Old 07-05-2012, 06:46 PM

38,647 posts, read 26,363,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimimomx3 View Post
A police officer puts his/her life on the line everyday. Parks, buildings?? What??

Cop barely makes the top ten.

The 10 Most Dangerous Jobs in the U.S. - Yahoo! Finance

Now, about those dry socks...

Old 07-05-2012, 06:51 PM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,297 posts, read 14,157,672 times
Quote:
Sigh - if you read my post - you understand that I was not "playing dumb"?

Interestingly - the person whom I responded to hasn't chimed in to clarify. You are the only one who claims that Rush Limbaugh was the person being referred to. Why don't we wait to see what Woof has to say?

If Woof was talking about Rush Limbaugh - then it would behoove that individual to be more clear when terms can be interpreted ambiguously. Then we need to find out why that point was even made at all - as in - why does listening to a radio program mean that someone can't think independently?
Sorry, I was over in another thread. Yes, I meant Rush Limbaugh, because he more than anyone else has defined conservatism in the last coupla decades. Conservatives in the past were not nearly as mean as they are now. If they lost an election, for one example, they didn't mutter about overthrowing the govt or run out to buy guns. They didn't harass or beat up homeless people either, or work to stop all healthcare and housing assistance for the disabled.

Old 07-05-2012, 06:51 PM

29,094 posts, read 25,996,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Sure you weren't playing dumb . You're in a politics forum, and when somebody mentioned "Rush" thinking for you, Rush Limbaugh never occurred to you? Really? Especially when you have many posts in which you talk about Rush Limbaugh and listening to his show, and even are read enough in Rush Limbaugh that you have quotes from his book floating around in your head ready to type out if you find them relevant.

And again - when I responded to your post is was 3 words long: "Who is Rush". You went back and added the bulk of the post - including the link about Rush the band - later in what I'm thinking is an attempt to be funny.
Well the problem is that all is this "thinking" is based on ideas floating around in your mind and not on the truth. I already said that I havn't listened to Rush Limbaugh's program in months - and I don't know what quotes from his book you are talking about - but lot's of what was in his book - he says on his show also. It has been years since I read anything he wrote - so I don't know how you can say I have stuff from his book "floating around in my head".

I mentioned the band because when I heard "Rush" - they were first to come to my mind.

Why is this an issue for you? I think we are wasting time and going off topic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies