Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2012, 06:57 AM

5,450 posts, read 8,747,841 times

Advertisements

I don't get it????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2012, 07:12 AM

6,392 posts, read 5,159,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
I am disabled and have worked since I was 16 yrs old and no one is paying my medical bills , I have paid into the system and now I need to collect on it , I also have a spend down and it is not a hand out . so just please I have paid others medical bills too . I dont feel a bit bad about collecting when I or my sister needs it . I swear why do some folks always try to make you feel bad when you need to collect when you worked for so long paying into it .....
I feel for you, but please, don't use the argument "I am disabled". Lots of people are disabled, some more, some less. I have also worked since I was 16, spent 10 years in the military, where i received a permanent disabling injury. I take 60mg of ms contin a day and several other pain meds just to be able to walk, or perform daily tasks.

I also work full time. If you need to utilize your benefits you have paid for, by all means, utilize them. But please don't make excuses. They are benefits you paid for, you are entitled to use them as far as I am concerned. Besides, why worry about what other people think anyways. I got over it years ago, when someone called the police on me, for parking in a handicapped spot, and they didn't believe I was the vehicle owner. When I got out of the mall, and to my vehicle, the police were there, and asked me for my license and registration. I showed them both, and then displayed the braces that I was wearing. The police officer apologized, and I told him there was no need to, he had a job to do, and I respect that.

The bottom line is though, who care what someone else thinks?

Old 07-06-2012, 02:50 AM

8,652 posts, read 17,213,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
I am disabled and have worked since I was 16 yrs old and no one is paying my medical bills , I have paid into the system and now I need to collect on it , I also have a spend down and it is not a hand out . so just please I have paid others medical bills too . I dont feel a bit bad about collecting when I or my sister needs it . I swear why do some folks always try to make you feel bad when you need to collect when you worked for so long paying into it .....
No matter how you try to sugar coat it you'd still be suing the taxpayer...And if you are on medicaid that's for those that never paid in enough to collect SS......

Old 07-06-2012, 03:27 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,851,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
1. you cannot sue someone for laughing

2. she has no damages (she recovered her "benefits"), therefore no case

3. I wonder why people who get things FREE (medicaid) ALWAYS have an entitlement mentality and feel they have a divine right to get things FREE, while others must pay.

4. Dealing with a few (but thankfully VERY FEW) medicaid patients, I can tell you that they are the most demanding, inconsiderate patients we have. We do not accept them and only accumulate a few on call, but can tell you that they are, in general, very demanding, irritating patients.

5. A medicaid patient wanting to sue (and get something for nothing) over something that is absolutely NOTHING is not surprising at all. I find it disgusting, yet expected.
Medicaid patients should be given two 22 shells to the back of the head. That will fix their problems.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies