Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2012, 05:45 PM

14,784 posts, read 24,097,080 times

Advertisements

Yesterday my sister was in her caseworkers office and she told me that the caseworker asked her why she had not used her medicaid benefits for the last four months and when my sister told her she could not afford the spend down even though she submitted her bills the case worker told her she had not received any bills . well luckily my sister had the bills and showed the case worker where someone had actually scanned them into the computer . The worker said hmmm ... I never got these I wonder why ? well someone sure dropped the ball and the case worker started laughing and I told my sister i did not think that was a laughing matter . I told my sister to report her to the state office . I am also having the same problem as she did , but I dare them to laugh at me .. cause Im already talking to a lawyer on Monday for other things I would not hesitate to sue them as well . What would you all have done if a caseworker had laughed about such a serious matter to you ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2012, 03:48 AM

175 posts, read 846,912 times
Can you sue just because someone laughs? However, you can report her to her superiors.

Old 07-05-2012, 04:33 AM

8,652 posts, read 17,246,178 times
The taxpayer is paying your medical bills and you still want to sue the taxpayer ??? Yes, you would be suing taxpayer!!!!!

Old 07-05-2012, 04:40 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,292,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
Yesterday my sister was in her caseworkers office and she told me that the caseworker asked her why she had not used her medicaid benefits for the last four months and when my sister told her she could not afford the spend down even though she submitted her bills the case worker told her she had not received any bills . well luckily my sister had the bills and showed the case worker where someone had actually scanned them into the computer . The worker said hmmm ... I never got these I wonder why ? well someone sure dropped the ball and the case worker started laughing and I told my sister i did not think that was a laughing matter . I told my sister to report her to the state office . I am also having the same problem as she did , but I dare them to laugh at me .. cause Im already talking to a lawyer on Monday for other things I would not hesitate to sue them as well . What would you all have done if a caseworker had laughed about such a serious matter to you ?
You have no idea what she was laughing about.
Perhaps because her coworker was a moron and it was typical behavior?
Perhaps because she saw this before?

Did she address the issue?
Of course she did, she asked the question.

A problem occurred, it was corrected.
You want to sue.

Old 07-05-2012, 05:29 AM

14,784 posts, read 24,097,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston3 View Post
The taxpayer is paying your medical bills and you still want to sue the taxpayer ??? Yes, you would be suing taxpayer!!!!!

I am disabled and have worked since I was 16 yrs old and no one is paying my medical bills , I have paid into the system and now I need to collect on it , I also have a spend down and it is not a hand out . so just please I have paid others medical bills too . I dont feel a bit bad about collecting when I or my sister needs it . I swear why do some folks always try to make you feel bad when you need to collect when you worked for so long paying into it .....

Old 07-05-2012, 05:31 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,678,384 times
Another bait thread.

Old 07-05-2012, 06:16 AM

30,075 posts, read 18,678,343 times
Quote:

1. you cannot sue someone for laughing

2. she has no damages (she recovered her "benefits"), therefore no case

3. I wonder why people who get things FREE (medicaid) ALWAYS have an entitlement mentality and feel they have a divine right to get things FREE, while others must pay.

4. Dealing with a few (but thankfully VERY FEW) medicaid patients, I can tell you that they are the most demanding, inconsiderate patients we have. We do not accept them and only accumulate a few on call, but can tell you that they are, in general, very demanding, irritating patients.

5. A medicaid patient wanting to sue (and get something for nothing) over something that is absolutely NOTHING is not surprising at all. I find it disgusting, yet expected.

Old 07-05-2012, 06:18 AM

10,449 posts, read 12,466,883 times
They were open on July 4th? Really?

Old 07-05-2012, 06:31 AM

5,524 posts, read 9,941,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
They were open on July 4th? Really?
Um.........this thread was started yesterday so the yesterday mentioned was actually Tuesday. There is a time stamp on when comments are posted.

Old 07-05-2012, 06:45 AM

226 posts, read 213,759 times
Quote:
I am disabled and have worked since I was 16 yrs old and no one is paying my medical bills , I have paid into the system and now I need to collect on it , I also have a spend down and it is not a hand out . so just please I have paid others medical bills too . I dont feel a bit bad about collecting when I or my sister needs it . I swear why do some folks always try to make you feel bad when you need to collect when you worked for so long paying into it .....

Because you are looking for reasons to sue and get more money.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies