Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2012, 09:48 AM

13,186 posts, read 14,980,467 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
What were the particular documents that holder refused to hand over?, i heard on the news he handed over over 7000 documents and some of the documents being asked for were Top secret so he couldnt very well hand those over or he would have been charged with giving away top secret data.
"Top Secret"? No. Holder is not claiming they are top secret. All we have to go on are claims made by Holder in a letter to obama.

Last edited by padcrasher; 07-05-2012 at 09:56 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2012, 11:40 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,315,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
"Top Secret"? No. Holder is not claiming they are top secret. All we have to go on are claims made by Holder in a letter to obama.
I said some of them were top secret or some such designation it was if i remember the news story a very small % of total documents handed over.
I'm still puzzled at what it was Issie wanted him to hand over that he was held in contempt of court for not handing over..

Old 07-05-2012, 12:09 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,488,320 times
let's see

nixon coveredup a breakin of a hotel's filing cabinate...and resigned before impeachment

obama has covered up an operation that has gotten people killed.....and liberals are cheering

go figure

Old 07-05-2012, 12:28 PM

5,872 posts, read 8,095,507 times
Quote:
It's obvious you are just arguing for outcome here. No objective legal experts have concluded the WH has clearly followed the laws. The DOJ hasn't provided logs detailing why theses 1300 documents are being withheld. All we have is a letter from the DOJ to Issa and it's not clear the WH was even involved in the deliberations in all of them.

THE COMMITTEE who issued the subpoena concluded that the WH clearly followed the law. There is no arguing for outcome, it may be you who are arguing for outcome and you keep denying what has occurred. Issa has clearly said he wants internal communication documents pertaining to when and who the DOJ communicated with after the program was exposed. Holder turned over 7,600 documents, some of which included detailed information on ongoing prosecutions and operations. But none on internal communications with the exposure of the program.

Yet, Issa won't allow the head of the ATF and the section chief of the AZ ATF who ran the operation with the AZ AG office to testify or be asked any questions before the committee.

Why won't Issa allow it? Why are the ongoing and detailed operational briefs enough for Issa on who is doing what, and when X or Y happened?

Because Issa wants to breach the WH and gain internal communications as to what else the President was talking about and expand his search. Just like Ken Starr and that witch hunt.

Old 07-05-2012, 01:03 PM

12,950 posts, read 13,346,261 times
F&F is a much worse scandal that Watergate ever was.

But the media will not treat it the same way because they are campaigning for Obama.

Old 07-05-2012, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post

obama has covered up an operation that has gotten people killed.....
Do you have proof of Obama's involvement in this crime?
And what documents did Holder not hand over?

Old 07-05-2012, 01:22 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,488,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Do you have proof of Obama's involvement in this crime?
And what documents did Holder not hand over?
did I say obama was INVOLVED in the crime

no

what I did say is that obama (using EP) is part of the coverup

reading is fundamental

Old 07-05-2012, 02:46 PM

5,872 posts, read 8,095,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoPro View Post
F&F is a much worse scandal that Watergate ever was.

But the media will not treat it the same way because they are campaigning for Obama.

Not even close. On both counts.

Old 07-05-2012, 03:02 PM

14,292 posts, read 9,678,440 times
Quote:
I'm a liberal and I'm not voting for Obama. F&F is just a witch hunt, but he should have turned the documents over, complying with the law.
Holder and the DoJ have had to make too many retractions because they were caught supplying false documents and/or false testimony before congress. It's the information surrounding these false statements that Holder is refusing to cooperate with.

At some point, the congressional investigation ran into something that Holder and the DoJ decided they needed to hide. They submitted false testimony and false statements to congress, and now they appear to be hiding behind executive privilege.

Quote:
Obama has broken plenty of laws much more serious than withholding documents, but in these other cases the GOP fully supports his lawbreaking. Thus, it goes on without investigation, without being held to account.

Breaking the War Powers Act, war crimes, denying due process to US citizens, denials of habeas corpus, malicious prosecution of whistleblowers, abuse of US secrecy laws, illegal bills of attainder, he's done it all with GOP collusion.
If the congress tried to hold the Obama admin responsible for all their lawlessness, we'd have a half dozen hearings going on.

Old 07-05-2012, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
did I say obama was INVOLVED in the crime

no

what I did say is that obama (using EP) is part of the coverup

reading is fundamental

Quote:
obama has covered up an operation that has gotten people killed..
Looks to me like you stated Obama was involved in a crime ,
unless covering up operations that get people killed is no longer considered a crime.

Still waiting for the particular documents Holder did not hand over?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies