Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2012, 09:21 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,440,811 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post

Gun laws only tighten up the law abiding people, they mean nothing to a criminal (get it criminal) or soon to be criminal.

Some states require you to test for a CCW, some don't.

It's all about the parent, if you have guns and children in the house and DON'T teach them properly...... that is nobody's fault but your own....

My son is 11, I have guns around the house, if/when he picks up a gun, the VERY first thing he does is ope the chamber...to see if it is loaded. And no I have no loaded guns in the house, but the bullets are not that far away....
Your so right! Gun Laws, make a criminal laugh```````` think they can't get guns, because of any law. Think again, criminals will always have a way to get guns.

Gun owners as myself, and people i know, if your going to have a gun, please be responsible gun owners.
Your right with children in the home, no loaded guns, and the children should be taught how to properly use a gun. If you don't want to teach the child, then by all means, keep the guns in a locked safe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2012, 09:25 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,934,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
Welll, who ultimately decided to pull the trigger??? It was the HUMAN. The gun would be harmless without the person. How about we just go right ahead and make humans illegal? After all, THEY are ultimately responsible for pulling the trigger, those evil beings....

Punishing everyone for the actions of a few... Glad this is America, and people who want to get rid of guns are kept in check.

And for those who want to ban guns, or put intense control measures on them... Great, than the whole U.S. can be run like Chicago, where only the criminals carry guns. Best decision I made was moving away from the city...
I'm not sure why you addressed what I said, the person said, "we should make killing kids legal" that's a bad response to a child that was shot by a person for no reason, as in self-defense.

Yes, humans pull the trigger, but doesn't mean people who support guns are out to shoot just anybody or anything. How ofeten do we hear about street kids doing this, never the kid that goes hunting or target practicing.

I agree with not living in the city, country life is the only way of life.

Old 07-05-2012, 09:30 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,934,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo45 View Post
Got crime?.... solution: buy more guns.
That pesky Guvmint bugging ’ya?.... a well-armed militia, etc..
Problems with the neighbors, landlord, boyfriend, ’illegals’, whatever?.... start ”packing”.
School violence, lax parenting, unruly kids.... ditto (and more is better)!

Which always begs the question: what is it that gun nuts are always so afraid of (feeling weak, powerless, unmanly, etc.?) that makes ’em so obsessed with the dam things, especially as the answer to everything...!?
Not afraid of anything, I enjoy target practicing and knowing I can shoot the bullseye gives great satisfaction. It's the left that makes people think we're paranoid.

What I am paranoid about is the government will take honest people's guns while the gang's have many!!!

Old 07-05-2012, 09:35 PM

578 posts, read 1,092,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim6624 View Post
Oh, a ghetto thug shot a child, let's pass more gun control laws that affect all citizens!

Liberal logic at its finest.
"all" citizens. I hardly think so. And if "we" don't all fix the problems in the inner cities they will multiple till there in your quaint little hick towns. Wake up all you NRA country folk. It's a serious problem. We need to educate the single parents raising these children. Legalize drugs cuz that why they need those guns - that would slow down the gangs. But unfortunately I think there's lots of folks making money off the crime. Big shame. But back to my point. Don't think your immune in your sleepy town. Your not

Old 07-05-2012, 09:37 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,040,586 times
"What kind of upbringing rears this type of child?"

I would suggest looking up Adam and Eve.

Old 07-05-2012, 10:09 PM

6,137 posts, read 4,860,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg_IA View Post
How about we just make it illegal to shoot kids?
Preventing that would actually take effort. It would not give them the immediate yet idiotically shortsighted warm and fuzzy feeling that they so desire.

Old 07-05-2012, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo45 View Post
Which always begs the question: what is it that gun nuts are always so afraid of (feeling weak, powerless, unmanly, etc.?) that makes ’em so obsessed with the dam things, especially as the answer to everything...!?
The "gun nuts" didn't address the issue until the anti gun nuts chimed in.

Ad-hom by the way. You lose.

Old 07-05-2012, 10:18 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,277,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg_IA View Post
Raise him to be a decent human being.

Did the boy have a father in his life? Baby daddies don't cut it.
Hey, just so long as she didn't consider abortion, it's okay.
After all, every life is sacred, until birth.

Old 07-05-2012, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Hey, just so long as she didn't consider abortion, it's okay.
After all, every life is sacred, until birth.
Nonsensical garbage.

Old 07-05-2012, 10:24 PM

811 posts, read 550,572 times
The answer to your question is in it. "Upbringing". A simple abortion would have kept a scum like this from ever existing to have an "upbringing" and the poor victim would not have experienced that.

Yeah, I said it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies