Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2012, 10:55 PM

8,882 posts, read 5,364,104 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Nice healthy white babies get adopted.
Others, not so much.
Why wouldn't they adopt some unwanted child that has medical problems, is a minority, or older?

Aren't they special enough?
How many have you adopted?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2012, 12:39 AM

4,280 posts, read 6,082,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
No , I'm anti-abortion like everyone I know. I wish abortion didn't exist ...as long as there were no unwanted pregnancies.

However, being Anti-Choice and wanting to make abortion illegal is misogyny....and if you've read any abortion threads in CD you will find that the Anti-Choice people are more interested in punishing women than they are in saving "babies".

One poster actually said that if a woman died during an illegal abortion, she deserved it....how's THAT for being "pro-life" ??
No, actually. Every pro-life person I know wants to save babies. We also aren't anti-choice because almost every woman who gets an abortion chose to have sex. Sex can lead to babies, so that's your choice.

Old 07-06-2012, 12:42 AM

4,280 posts, read 6,082,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Gosh , I wish you "adoption is the answer" people would straighten out your stories.

Is it: ""There are MANY couples willing to adopt kids.""

OR

""WAHHH, it's too hard to adopt so I have a good excuse".
There are MANY couples who want to adopt babies. The ones who often don't get adopted are those in foster care. Why? Reunification. By the time the kids are available for adoption they are often so far gone because of the hell they've gone through. It's also extremely difficult to adopt through foster care sometimes. It's ridiculous here in CA. If the system didn't give the biological parents so many darn chances, a whole lot more people would adopt kids from foster care.

Old 07-06-2012, 04:55 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,140,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by psr13 View Post
No, actually. Every pro-life person I know wants to save babies. We also aren't anti-choice because almost every woman who gets an abortion chose to have sex. Sex can lead to babies, so that's your choice.

Wow, just wow,...YOU are the Ruler Who Decides what choices other people get....your arrogance and control issue is just mind boggling.

However, you're wrong. Women can now choose abortion...they made it legal without asking YOUR permission

Quote:
Originally Posted by psr13 View Post
There are MANY couples who want to adopt babies. The ones who often don't get adopted are those in foster care. Why? Reunification. By the time the kids are available for adoption they are often so far gone because of the hell they've gone through."""

So why don't these kind hearted, children-are-gifts people adopt them...only perfect children qualify ? Those children sound like they need all that love the most....what do you think should be done with children who are "so far gone"??????.......

And maybe they wouldn't be so far gone if MORE people had adopted...you know, those MILLIONS who are waiting to adopt all those unwanted babies...where were they when these children were young

"" It's also extremely difficult to adopt through foster care sometimes. It's ridiculous here in CA. If the system didn't give the biological parents so many darn chances, a whole lot more people would adopt kids from foster care.
So FIX the problem... instead of making excuses.

Old 07-06-2012, 05:06 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,269,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by personwhoisaperson View Post
Didn't say that, but I am saying that every action has a consequence. That is what I have been saying. Is there something inaccurate about that statement?

Didn't say that either, but again we have those pesky consequences.

I know that! I have said that! Would you be so kind as to read the statements that you comment on? Or is it just too much trouble to attempt at making yourself look a little less ignorant? It is a fact that abortion became a national argument during and after Roe v. Wade, and therefore it was put into "the public arena". As you and other libs have said, before that most people were ignoring the back alley abortions, and I agree with that statement because it is a fact. Again, you can't fix stupid.

It is both. If your ilk would make it a little easier to adopt, more people would try to adopt. The system needs serious reform.
Our ilk?
And exactly who would that be?
Your parents vote for your legislators.

Nice personal attack, though.

Old 07-06-2012, 05:07 AM

13,285 posts, read 15,295,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CouponDad View Post
people murdering their babies?
So your body still produces sperm?
And your wife's still produces eggs?
And you're not having any more babies?
You are a baby murderer, by my definition.

[/tongue][/cheek]

Old 07-06-2012, 05:09 AM

1,303 posts, read 1,097,533 times
Human rights for all, with the exception of the unborn, who are the most vulnerable and powerless of all.

You liberal sociopaths make me sick to my stomach. I hope you guys form your own "utopia" soon, so the rest of us can separate from your intolerance, bigotry, baby-murder, and government dependence.

Old 07-06-2012, 05:10 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,615,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim6624 View Post
Human rights for all, with the exception of the unborn, who are the most vulnerable and powerless of all.

You liberal sociopaths make me sick to my stomach. I hope you guys form your own "utopia" soon, so the rest of us can separate from your intolerance, bigotry, baby-murder, and government dependence.
I really didn't want to get involved in another one of these 'abortion' threads.... but the bolded caught me.

You want the government to ban abortions. And then you whine about being dependent on government.

Really?!

Old 07-06-2012, 05:15 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,041,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
It's The Blaze.
Got any real news about this?
"Alleged" - if it's a real story, there's a better link.
"The Blaze" is 100% accurate. Simply do what Glenn Beck says every day. Don't take his word for it. He gives original content for you to read.

As far as I know, no other news source does this.

What's the matter, afraid that you'll see for yourself that he's right?

Ignorance is bliss.

Old 07-06-2012, 05:51 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,140,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
"The Blaze" is 100% accurate. Simply do what Glenn Beck says every day. Don't take his word for it. He gives original content for you to read.

As far as I know, no other news source does this.

What's the matter, afraid that you'll see for yourself that he's right?

Ignorance is bliss.
No, the Blaze is not 100% correct ...not even "FUZISLIPPERS" is 100% correct! No news source is...as YOU should know

Now, what was Beck right about??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies