Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2012, 02:15 PM

7,284 posts, read 16,684,958 times

Advertisements

Future history books would not regard that decision as Iran's finest hour.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2012, 02:22 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,048,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 43north87west View Post
Why so? I would think that it would be highly illogical for Iran NOT to strike back against enemy military targets in retaliation for an attack against them.

Seems like such a no brainer.

Old 07-05-2012, 02:27 PM

14,247 posts, read 17,922,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I don't know that much about Persian culture or the middle east in general.

But it seems like Arabs and Persians seem to be very into saber-rattling always prattling on about how powerful they are.

I like how Israel walloped the shyt out of the Egyptians in 6 days. You don't see the Israel's talking smack, but they sure as hell can deliver it.

The only thing holding the Israelis back from full on attacking Iran is the US, and frankly I wish they let dogs go on that one.

That A hole Ahmadinejad is always calling Israel nasty things like a "rotting corpse".... I'm surprised Mossad hasn't been dispatched to take care of that cretin.
The fact that Israeli forces would have to transit Jordan and Iraq might also have something to do with it.

Old 07-05-2012, 02:28 PM

4,866 posts, read 5,678,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 43north87west View Post

As if many of the decisions we have made are something to brag about... We really have no room to talk.

Old 07-05-2012, 02:38 PM

52,264 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggy001 View Post
The fact that Israeli forces would have to transit Jordan and Iraq might also have something to do with it.
IDK, Netanyahu has been on record saying certain things....

I don't think geographical logistics are too much of a concern to Israel.

Just my humble opinion.

Israel gets its way again | Otago Daily Times Online News : Otago, South Island, New Zealand & International News

Old 07-05-2012, 02:38 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,165,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC's Finest View Post
Shooting fish in a barrel. Iran would get annihilated.
You mean like Afghanistan, or like Iraq?

You lost twice, so I wouldn't be bragging.

Laughing....

Mircea

Quote:
But it seems like Arabs and Persians seem to be very into saber-rattling always prattling on about how powerful they are.
And Israel hasn't been repeatedly threatening to attack Iran for the last 2 years?

Why don't you check out the 100s of threads I debunked.

Quote:
I like how Israel walloped the shyt out of the Egyptians in 6 days. You don't see the Israel's talking smack, but they sure as hell can deliver it.
I like how Israel got its ass kicked until Golda Meier threatened to go nuclear and got Nixon to give up satellite intel and supplies to Israel -- so Israel wouldn't lose.

Quote:
The only thing holding the Israelis back from full on attacking Iran is the US,...
And physics. Or do you plan on ignoring physics? Or maybe you know nothing about physics and even less about things military.

So, General Chowhound, why don't you explain to every one here if Israel will be conducting in-flight refueling in plain view of the Iranians before Israeli planes enter Iranian airspace, or while Israeli airplanes are over Iranian airspace or will Israeli pilots be performing the standard kamikaze suicide mission and crashing their planes on Iranian cities after they run out of fuel?

Amused at the military intellect....

Mircea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big George View Post
When are people going to stop believing the BS that's constantly spouted by the Iranians?
Probably when people stop believing the BS spouted by the US.

I bet if Iran said they had a nuke you'd believe them.

Pointing out the contradictions....

Mircea

Old 07-05-2012, 02:41 PM

7,284 posts, read 16,684,958 times
But that's not what this thread is about, deflector.

Old 07-05-2012, 02:43 PM

5,872 posts, read 8,094,294 times
Quote:
I don't know that much about Persian culture or the middle east in general.

The only thing holding the Israelis back from full on attacking Iran is the US, and frankly I wish they let dogs go on that one.

That A hole Ahmadinejad is always calling Israel nasty things like a "rotting corpse".... I'm surprised Mossad hasn't been dispatched to take care of that cretin.
You should know they've taken precocious notes from us.

Israel defeated Egypt (and others) w/ the U.S's help.

Why would the Israeli's destroy the 2nd largest jewish population state?

The Israeli's can not sustain a more than 2-week war w/ any other country w/out re-supplies or re-armament. Israel would also suffer massive retaliatory strikes from missiles the Iranians have (and to reach Israel and Saudi is possible ~ U.S. bases, I don't think so)

Old 07-05-2012, 02:44 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
empty threats and boasting of intentions is a great way of getting support and respect in the mideast. favorites are jew hating and america hating speeches. "the speak softly but carry a big stick" of teddy roosevelt, did not make it to the mideast nor to some places in good old america.

Old 07-05-2012, 03:04 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big George View Post
Hahaha - yeah, and I can pee 400 feet in the air too.

When are people going to stop believing the BS that's constantly spouted by the Iranians?
Well they seem to have backed Obama off every time they make a threat. I wonder if they mean we could hit one base with out missile or just pick the 6 you don't care about. I bet they don't have 35 missiles of that range and they will certainly need them for Israel. All those threats are aimed at Israel and so far it has worked since Obama continues to want to treat with them instead of taking them on.

I do think that we have contingency plans for invading or destroying Iran from the air and they are constantly being upgraded. Now we need a leader who will consider putting them into effect.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies