Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-13-2012, 04:34 PM

4,919 posts, read 4,824,656 times

Advertisements

It was and has been .. all about race!

I'll cut right to the meaty part here:

Quote:
Sanford Police Officer Chris Serino first made headlines when evidence released in the case showed he sought manslaughter charges against Zimmerman even while his chief publicly said there was no probable cause to arrest him. But a document released late Thursday casts doubt on Serino’s prior sworn affidavit seeking criminal charges, and raises questions about the credibility of the star law-enforcement witness in the murder case against Zimmerman for the shooting death of a black teenager, Miami Gardens high school junior Trayvon Martin..

Telling the FBI that he was concerned that people inside the police department were leaking information, Serino cited Sgt. Arthur Barnes, officers Rebecca Villalona and Trekelle Perkins “as all pressuring him to file charges against Zimmerman after the incident,” an FBI report said. “Serino did not believe he had enough evidence at the time to file charges.”

The summary of Serino’s statement does not mention the race of the officers who allegedly pressured him, but sources told The Miami Herald that Barnes and Perkins are black, and Villalona is married to an African-American man. All three, the source said, had been called in by their supervisor and questioned about leaking information in the case.

Detective in Zimmerman case said he was pressured to file charges - Trayvon Martin - MiamiHerald.com

Last edited by MrClose; 07-13-2012 at 05:00 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2012, 04:41 PM

52,529 posts, read 34,259,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrClose View Post
It was and has been .. all about race!

I'll cut right to the meaty part here:

Detective in Zimmerman case said he was pressured to file charges - Trayvon Martin - MiamiHerald.com
Why do I have a picture in my mind of a rapidly deflating balloon?

Old 07-13-2012, 04:48 PM

1,316 posts, read 1,444,494 times
Cities will burn if Zimmy is not convicted of murder.!

Old 07-13-2012, 04:53 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,321,515 times
Dirty politics all centered around race. Why are people obsessed with skin color and social justice rather than just legal justice ?

Old 07-13-2012, 05:36 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,883,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
There isn't even circumstantial evidence that anything like that happened, it's pure speculation and the defense will have a field day with that.
I disagree. After all, if this case was as cut-and-dry as you and others claim, then why would he have waived his right to a speedy trial? The reason an attorney advises a client to waive that right is usually because there are mounds of evidence to sort through or if the defense attorney isn't confident that his case is a solid and will lead to an acquittal. Mark O'Mara is not a fool.

Old 07-13-2012, 05:45 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,396,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Dirty politics all centered around race. Why are people obsessed with skin color and social justice rather than just legal justice ?
Anybody who has kept up with the records disclosure in this case KNOWS that this is about legal justice and not skin color/race. It may have been predominately black people who brought this case to the attention of the media, however, it is a Florida State Attorney who charged Zimmerman with 2nd murder, NOT A HATE CRIME. If it had been about race, he would have been charged with a hate crime.

Old 07-13-2012, 05:50 PM

15,913 posts, read 20,157,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
Anybody who has kept up with the records disclosure in this case KNOWS that this is about legal justice and not skin color/race. It may have been predominately black people who brought this case to the attention of the media, however, it is a Florida State Attorney who charged Zimmerman with 2nd murder, NOT A HATE CRIME. If it had been about race, he would have been charged with a hate crime.
As soon as the black community found out a white man killed a black man it was all about race, who are you kidding?

Old 07-13-2012, 05:58 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,944,303 times
Default George Zimmerman Defense Moves to Disqualify Judge

Quote:
In Friday's motion, O'Mara wrote that Lester's order was indicative of a bias against Zimmerman, saying that the judge's statements were "disingenuous, self-serving manipulations."
"In said order, the court made gratuitous, disparaging remarks about Mr. Zimmerman's character, advocated for Mr. Zimmerman to be prosecuted for additional crimes; offers a personal opinion about the evidence for said prosecution; and continues to hold over Mr. Zimmerman's head the threat of future contempt proceedings," the motion read.
O'Mara asserted that the judge and court "departed from its role as an impartial, objective minister of justice" and should therefore be removed from the case.

George Zimmerman Defense Moves to Disqualify Judge - ABC News

It looks like Zimmerman wants preferential treatment once again. It isn't like judges never make any opinionated comments in court rooms. First he wanted to take this stand without being cross examined, now he is upset because the judge commented on his credibility and the fact that his wife lied. If everyone could change judges just because they don't like them, most trials would take twenty years. What a tool.

Old 07-13-2012, 06:00 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,640,669 times
Zimm's attorney is correct.

What kind of idiotic judge would say someone is a flight risk, then let them post bail?

Talk about a looney credibility gap!

O'Mara is doing what he is being paid to do; i.e., explore every possible avenue.

Old 07-13-2012, 06:02 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,944,303 times
It probably has something to do with this:

Quote:
In her other statement, Witness 9 says that she knows Zimmerman, as well as his family.
"I know George, and I know that he does not like black people," she said, speaking to a Sanford police investigator. "He would start something. He's a very confrontational person. It's in his blood. Let's just say that."
She went on to describe Zimmerman and his family as "just mean and open about it, and I don't know what he's capable of, but I do know things that he's done to me that I would never, I would never talk to him about ever again."
O'Mara wrote in a motion that the not-yet-released second statement "is not relevant" to the shooting death of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin, and would "serve to reignite and potentially enhance the widespread public hostility toward Mr. Zimmerman."
However, Circuit Judge Kenneth Lester wrote in an order filed Friday that public records law requires the release of evidence, unless it would present a "serious and imminent threat to the administration of justice."
The statement, Lester writes, does not reach that high bar.
O'Mara also asked the judge to seal 145 of 151 jail phone calls made by Zimmerman, arguing they're irrelevant to the case and the people Zimmerman talked to have a right to privacy.
The judge rejected that argument. People called by an inmate, he wrote, "are specifically advised that their calls will be recorded."
It was not immediately clear when the statement and calls would be released. The order comes as Zimmerman has requested a new judge in the case.
George Zimmerman witness 9 jail calls - Orlando Sentinel
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies