Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-19-2012, 08:37 AM

6,565 posts, read 14,290,938 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilovethecommunity View Post
Zimmerman: Killing of Trayvon Martin is ‘all God’s plan’ - NYPOST.com

“I feel like it was all God’s plan,” Zimmerman (pictured) told Fox News’ Sean Hannity in an interview aired last night, adding that it wasn’t his place to “second-guess it or judge it.”

George Zimmerman: 'It Was God's Plan' For Me To Kill Trayvon Martin - YouTube
As a stand-alone comment I can see why this would seem ludicrous...

Really though its just a way of saying, "I don't know why this happened.". He isn't trying to claim that he was meant to kill Martin or that he was on some "Mission from God" here...

Relax.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2012, 09:22 AM

68,326 posts, read 54,350,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
He did what he had to do to save his life. Why should he be sorry?

Good Grief!

For those who need help with thought processes, that's different than wishing the whole thing hadn't happened. But that's not what he said.

It's highly amusing to see how some folks interpret what George said in the interview. Some folks have just plain fallen off the edge.
What's highly amusing is watching the display of typical self-Righteous hypocrisy.

In another thread you come to the defense of Anne Romney over a statement she made with:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Were you in the room? Was she looking at you as she spoke?

No?

Didn't think so.
Yet you have no problem defending Zimmerman despite your not having been in that 'room'.

Old 07-19-2012, 09:27 AM

Location: where people are either too stupid to leave or too stuck to move
3,982 posts, read 6,684,999 times
Which god is he referring to? Satan???

Old 07-19-2012, 09:32 AM

12,373 posts, read 13,190,023 times
I've pretty much been avoiding comment on this Zimmerman/Martin case but I'm betting
money that the prosecution will have a field day with the Hannity interview last night.

Old 07-19-2012, 09:46 AM

10,942 posts, read 10,248,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
Ask yourself what you would do in Zimmermans situtation if some random stranger just sucker punched you & broke your nose & was pounding your head into the concrete then reached for your gun while saying "this is the night you're going to die".
Because Zimmerman says this is what happened doesn't make it true.

He also said he had no money, knowing full well he had a butt load coming in from other gun-toting crazies who are more concerned about their guns and SYG than justice for a dead kid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
There is no proof of any of that.

He is not a killer, he is someone who was acting in fear for his life.
He says he was in fear for his life. Doesn't make it true.

Unfortunately, only two people really know what happened that night - one's a known liar and the other one is DEAD.

Old 07-19-2012, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
What a idiot to keep talking. He has a lawyer and he is still talking. I wonder why when he was in prison he didn't get his story straight as he did have all the along time that he needed. What a jerk!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
I was thinking the same thing. When he was in jail he had plenty of time to read all those transcribed statements he had previously made!!! WHAT was he doing?

Seems to me that George is convinced he can "talk" his way out of this thing. That appears to have been his pattern in the past. It almost looks like he has not really grasped the severity of his situation.
I'm wondering if O'Mara isn't trying to create a problem - tainting the jury pool, poor George not being able to get a fair trial, etc., etc.

Is that possible?

I haven't watched the interview. I'm sure I will see plenty of snippets and cuts of it to get a pretty good idea. I just don't think I can stomach the entire thing (in part, because I can't stomach Hannity).

Old 07-19-2012, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
Trayvon sat up and said "you got me", Zimmerman thought Trayvon was referring to George having the gun. He did not know right away he shot Trayvon because he was in such close proximity.
Oh, yes, because we all know that people can talk after being shot through the heart.

Old 07-19-2012, 10:24 AM

68,326 posts, read 54,350,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
Oh, yes, because we all know that people can talk after being shot through the heart.
Well gee, maybe it was part of 'God's plan'?

Old 07-19-2012, 10:34 AM

812 posts, read 594,901 times
A fairly decent guy looking out for a neighborhood wherein young punks are moving in to take over and terrorize another neighborhood an responsible citizen tries to erect blockade of young punks, young punk attacks with the ferocity and verbalization to kill. Young punk dies and liberal publications and racist leaders that make living from fomenting racial hatred set out to demonize Act of self defense resulting in hope of persecution of decent citizen for protecting his rights and the rights of others.

Now you know and yet continue to fabricate your imaginations into your hope of persecution and prosecution. Truly a form of evil has manifested itself upon a portion of the citizenry of this country of all races. A citizenry that believes it not only has the right not to work, not to contribute, but now also believes it can attack a fellow citizen, totally unprovoked and try to kill said fellow citizen without expectation of retaliation.

We had better all hope Z walks without trial or we have set the stage for being attacked anywhere at the grocery parking lot, at the mall etc. young lawless thugs will have a field day. Please stop calling this young man a innocent child. He was not an innocent child. He was an unsupervised, drug using, out of control young man. If this incident had not happened we would be hearing about Trayvon in another situation with the true victim on the losing end.

Let this be a warning. A lot of people have armed themselves to give themselves a fair chance in such violent attacks. Beware the consequences.

Old 07-19-2012, 10:42 AM

13,221 posts, read 12,314,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhett_Butler View Post
As a stand-alone comment I can see why this would seem ludicrous...

Really though its just a way of saying, "I don't know why this happened.". He isn't trying to claim that he was meant to kill Martin or that he was on some "Mission from God" here...

Relax.
Are you freak kidding me? Basically he said that "I killed him and that GOD planned it that way" My question is since when does anyone give a #$@^$%^ killer a hour of air time BEFOREthe trial! If zimmerman had been black would he be on faux solicting money?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies