Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2012, 02:23 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,548,881 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Well I probably wouldn't like it like I'm sure the legal hispanics don't like it but it's either that or let em run wild. Minor inconvienence. I get pulled over the first think they ask me for is my license. I don't like that either but it's the law. I guess you get pulled over in zona you hand em your papers too until the wave is stopped. Problem is that will be never if the feds get their way. Crying about the state does nothing when the feds who the court say is in charge of border security tell zona to **** off. You make is sound like the SS is stopping folks on streetcorners at daily checkpoints all across the city. Is that true? If so I may change my opinion.
Only those who don't have to worry about being "inconvenienced" consider it "minor."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2012, 09:01 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,389,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
I would suppose that as multi-generational citizens of the U.S. the understand something that you don't. As citizens there is a presumption of innocents and a prohibition against collective punishment based upon race, creed or national origin. Rights that white reactionaries constantly seem to claim are being eroded by the "oppressive" federal government. Funny how when the individual rights of "non-whites" are being trampled Real Americans™ don't give a rat's behind. Wonder why that is.
Who mentioned anything about non-whites? I referred to Hispanics and they can be as white as the driven snow. Being asked for I/D would not fit the description of "collective punishment".

As a Canadian who visits the U.S. on a yearly basis with those Canadian license plates on my car; I routinely get asked for all the pertinent paperwork. Do you think I'm going to scream race, colour or national origin discrimination while visiting your country? You take reasonable requirements to the level of being harrassed in every instance you can without regard to the results creating an untenable situation for lawmakers.

The presumed innocense of all assumes that a normal condition exists whereas here you have multi-generational illegal entry by literally millions (invasion) of people from one other country specificly. You are attributing to my surmisals a level of bias that should quite properly be attributed to the vast numbers of those who would first break your laws THEN ask you for forgiveness. Your outrage over laws being broken or rights being trampled is strangley aimed at those attempting to enforce firstly and the wrongdoers secondly.

My goodness; we're not talking about rounding everyone of Mexican descent up and placing them in internment camps until the legal ones are sorted from the illegals. We're talking about the right to "request" I/D for crying out loud; something every teenager, regardless of colour race or creed, who drives a car late into the morning hours is going to be requested if seen by a local cop.

You folks are really overdoing this race crap to obfuscate from the reality of political correctness having moved the goal posts to way over there from common sense and reality.

You've become so used to trotting out the race card and screaming discriminatory behaviour which has resulted in all sensible people running in fear from that "taint" to the point that bad behaviour is allowed, tolerated and indeed even encouraged with complete impunity.

Growing the hell up and accepting SOME responsibility for the behaviour of those of your race, creed, or National origin would indeed be a place to start turning around this dreadnought of illegal behaviour overcoming common sense EVERYWHERE in your nation.

Old 07-07-2012, 02:53 PM

29,409 posts, read 21,931,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Only those who don't have to worry about being "inconvenienced" consider it "minor."
Well if your not here illegally to begin with one doesn't have to worry about it.

Old 07-07-2012, 03:18 PM

76,992 posts, read 47,331,456 times
He looks latin, it's Arizona.....what do you expect? Of course they'll arrest him.

Old 07-07-2012, 03:46 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,746,996 times
Quote:
Oh c'mon, the cops already have a tough job without the anally PC adding to the problems. My ancestry is Arizona octaroon (look it up). People should get over their habitual need to defend heritage at any cost, and start defending the laws in this country. If they break the law, they should have to worry about being "inconvenienced" and need to be punished. If that means getting tossed back over the border... by all means toss.

Old 07-07-2012, 03:55 PM

31,387 posts, read 36,934,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Who mentioned anything about non-whites? I referred to Hispanics and they can be as white as the driven snow.
Oh, puleeze like I was born an hour and a half ago....

Quote:
Being asked for I/D would not fit the description of "collective punishment".
When right wingers can claim that police looking through a yard sale is violation of their sacred freedoms, being pulled over, detained, question and stigmatized for no other reason than the color of their skin is indeed both discrimination and collective punishment.

Old 07-07-2012, 04:09 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,000,001 times
Quote:
Like the way people complain about being "manhandled" when being searched at airports, because doggone it, they're white, and everyone knows that all whites are perfectly legal, no matter what they're doing...like Timothy McVeigh or Eric Rudolph. But manhandle an elderly former governor because he's Hispanic?
Perfectly acceptable...he dared to have a pacemaker.

Old 07-07-2012, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Well my family has been in the US for a hundred or so years and I still have to show ID when I'm stopped by the cops. Damn it's just NOT FAIR!!!
Maybe the police in Kansas find it hard to believe that anyone from your family could pass the written part of the driver's test.

Old 07-07-2012, 06:20 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,353,207 times
Another Ovcatto/Liberal fail thread. The Border Patrol has wide lattitude at checkpoints. This has nothing to do with discrimination or the AZ Immgration law.
United States Border Patrol Interior Checkpoints - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Quote:
"Border Patrol agents at checkpoints have legal authority that agents do not have when patrolling areas away from the border. The United States Supreme Court ruled that Border Patrol agents may stop a vehicle at fixed checkpoints for brief questioning of its occupants even if there is no reason to believe that the particular vehicle contains illegal aliens.[4] The Court further held that Border Patrol agents "have wide discretion" to refer motorists selectively to a secondary inspection area for additional brief questioning.[5] In contrast, the Supreme Court held that Border Patrol agents on roving patrol may stop a vehicle only if they have reasonable suspicion that the vehicle contains aliens who may be illegally in the United States—a higher threshold for stopping and questioning motorists than at checkpoints.[6] The constitutional threshold for searching a vehicle is the same, however, and must be supported by either consent or probable cause, whether in the context of a roving patrol or a checkpoint search.

Old 07-07-2012, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Another Ovcatto/Liberal fail thread. The Border Patrol has wide lattitude at checkpoints. This has nothing to do with discrimination or the AZ Immgration law.
United States Border Patrol Interior Checkpoints - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
So the BP agents were too dumb to radio in Governor Castro's driver's license number or SS number to verify who he was? They should be ashamed that they didn't check to learn that Governor Castro had served in such a capacity, much less give such shabby treatment to an elderly man. We harass the elderly, young and simple-minded...and kill them without a qualm if we feel they deserve it. Go, America.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies