Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2012, 09:15 PM

1,922 posts, read 3,977,799 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Morons keep mentioning teabaggers.
So you're saying Teabaggers = Homosexuals..??

And I thought you were just a blatant racist. Silly me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2012, 09:29 PM

9,229 posts, read 8,520,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
Robbery is getting to be a particularly dangerous activity.
Don't get me wrong, because I certainly would not condone robbery, or any such crime... but don't you think this post was just a bit gruesome? I just cannot see being happy about such a thing....

Old 07-07-2012, 08:32 AM

1,328 posts, read 3,172,909 times
Yay! Somebody died! Awesome!

Old 07-07-2012, 09:51 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,849,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
This isn't the first or the last time a person has prevented a robbery. I doubt this is anymore common than it was 10 or 20 years ago. What's sad is that there are people here between the ages of 30 and 75 who use terms like ******* and laugh about killing a teenager. It is an embarrasment to the country that adults with grown children speak this way. What's even worse is that these people have spawn just like them.
Your outrage seems to only surface when conservatives misbehave.

Old 07-07-2012, 09:57 AM

11,531 posts, read 10,272,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Morons keep mentioning teabaggers.
http://i.huffpost.com/gen/119761/thu...GGER-large.jpg

Old 07-07-2012, 09:49 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,883,741 times
I don't really want to be the one to explain this, but the reason someone mentioned gay people is because the original term "tea bagging" is a crude, slang sexual term. Use your imagination. [URL="http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=teabagging"]Here's an explanation.[/URL]

I didn't know this either before a few years ago, but I wouldn't walk around with tea bags hanging from my hat either.

Old 07-07-2012, 09:55 PM

4,866 posts, read 5,667,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LookinForMayberry View Post
Don't get me wrong, because I certainly would not condone robbery, or any such crime... but don't you think this post was just a bit gruesome? I just cannot see being happy about such a thing....
The robber put himself in that position. So you think only criminals are allowed to have guns?! What if the clerk had been the one to shoot the criminal?

It's like feeling sorry for someone who breaks into your house with a gun and ends up dying after you shoot him/her to defend yourself and your family.

Old 07-07-2012, 10:14 PM

1,182 posts, read 1,137,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
So every Black person who goes to the store is a criminal? Trayvon Martin didn't rob anyone and he wasn't armed. The fact that you are even comparing the 2 stories shows exactly the way your mind works.*******? Almost everyone I know here owns a gun and many have permits to carry. They totally disagree with the way George Zimmerman handled himself that tragic evening when he stalked and killed an unarmed teenager who wasn't doing anything wrong.
That is the way unfortunately most white Republicans think. They think black=criminal and that it is OK to kill blacks who have not done a crime because "they might do a crime" if we don't kill them. I have no, zero, zilch problem with anybody who zaps a robber or a burglar. I wish more of them got killed. Crime should be as dangerous for the criminal as it is for the victim. And, BTW, I do not know the race of the robber, the customer or the bank teller. It does not matter to me. But most white Republicans think just like that post said. And that is why they are dangerous. As dangerous as the criminals because when they kill the wrong kid, as Zimmerman did, and the rage turns into riots, it will not be them that pays for it just like it was not the LA cops that paid for Rodney King. It will be innocent people like Reginald Denny and other innocent non blacks and blacks that have to suffer for it.

Old 07-07-2012, 11:33 PM

2,075 posts, read 2,133,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruin Rick View Post
That is the way unfortunately most white Republicans think. They think black=criminal and that it is OK to kill blacks who have not done a crime because "they might do a crime" if we don't kill them. I have no, zero, zilch problem with anybody who zaps a robber or a burglar. I wish more of them got killed. Crime should be as dangerous for the criminal as it is for the victim. And, BTW, I do not know the race of the robber, the customer or the bank teller. It does not matter to me. But most white Republicans think just like that post said. And that is why they are dangerous. As dangerous as the criminals because when they kill the wrong kid, as Zimmerman did, and the rage turns into riots, it will not be them that pays for it just like it was not the LA cops that paid for Rodney King. It will be innocent people like Reginald Denny and other innocent non blacks and blacks that have to suffer for it.
Im curious, how did this thread devolve so quickly into the same old tired racial soapbox it usually does ? All the us vs them crap kills any reasonable debate. It always reverts to things like how a certain race thinks, past injustices or passing judgment on things that have happened IN THE PAST.

I don't have an Ouija board stuck to my a--s. or a crystal ball in my hand and neither do most of you. A blanket statement like "most white republicans think" , "Because they might do a crime' so its ok to killblacks, is backwards racism. If you don't know the race of the robber, customer or bank teller, how did this get to Zimmerman, Rodney King or Riots ???

I guess what i'm trying to get across here is Why can't we just stick to the subject instead of always getting back to the same old rock throwing contest ?? It's late, Im tired------------

Last edited by jjwebbster; 07-07-2012 at 11:44 PM.. Reason: miss spelled word

Old 07-07-2012, 11:46 PM

3,840 posts, read 4,500,332 times
This is why an armed populace is a good thing. The scene in Luby's in Kileen Texas 10-16-91 would have been a lot different had one of the customers been armed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies