Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2012, 02:21 PM

5,524 posts, read 9,939,042 times

Advertisements

He's just kissing up to Kanye West.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2012, 02:33 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,606,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wade52 View Post
Wait a minute...

Repubs spew venom over accusations that Obama is from Africa.

Obama spends the 4th with active duty military personnel taking the oath of citizenship.

Dubya gets praise for being out of the country for some PR shots in Africa.
What can I say. I wrongly believed that bringing attention to an orphanage, even if it was W. drawing that attention, would pretty much be met with nonpartisanship.

Anyway, there's a link in the article to the orphanage's website, if anyone is interested in sending school materials or an outfit.

Old 07-06-2012, 03:08 PM

5,036 posts, read 5,137,483 times
Good for W. That's always nice to see.

Old 07-06-2012, 03:24 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Good for Bushie! On a personal level, I do think he's a nice guy. He seems to be enjoying himself in the pictures.

Old 07-06-2012, 03:34 PM

2,095 posts, read 2,581,533 times
Without a doubt President Bush had made saving lives in Africa and helping Africans one of the most important policies of his administration. And it looks like he is continuing his humanitarian goals in Africa after leaving office. He should be greatly commended for his efforts and his success in helping so many people suffering and dying from AIDS and cervical cancers. [MOD CUT/off topic]

Last edited by Ibginnie; 07-06-2012 at 05:07 PM..

Old 07-06-2012, 04:27 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,008,825 times
Quote:
Wait a minute...

Obama spends the 4th with active duty military personnel taking the oath of citizenship.

President Obama isn't from Africa - he is from Hawaii.

President Bush has more true compassion, understanding, and respect for the African people then President Obama could ever muster for "political purposes".

Old 07-06-2012, 04:50 PM

19,840 posts, read 12,102,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
Very nice of the couple! But that first picture just breaks my heart!!!

"Former President George W. Bush showed his compassionate side by spending Fourth of July at an orphanage in Zambia.The 66-year-old and his wife Laura visited the Kasisi Children's Home in Lusaka, one of the largest orphanages in the country."

Former President George Bush forgoes July Fourth celebrations and spends holidays at Zambian orphanage | Mail Online
The first picture is incredibly sweet! Thank you for sharing this link, Helen. It is unfortunate that such a nice thread brings out the ugly attitudes on both sides but many of us truly enjoyed the raw emotion displayed in the photo.

Old 07-06-2012, 04:56 PM

2,930 posts, read 2,224,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I don't think any of them paid any attention to who the OP was since they just can't allow anything that may be good about Bush to get by them. I have about decided to back off on Obama because I don't want to appear to be like them. I said "about" and it hasn't happened with me yet.
Both Bush and Obama showed a lot of class on the Fourth. It's not difficult to recognize the positive actions of both without all the hatred.

When Obama does something selfless, it should be recognized. Same goes for George Bush.

Most can put their political differences aside in honoring the two events. Some childish individuals cannot.

Old 07-06-2012, 05:06 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,606,493 times
I will now attempt to guilt some of you for your heartless partisanship by including a sound-track for this thread:

USA for Africa - We Are The World (w/M.Jackson) + Lyrics HQ - YouTube

Old 07-06-2012, 05:07 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,841,834 times
Quote:
Wait a minute...

i made the mistake of jumping on the OP thinking it was a sarcastic post. that was my mistake. obama spent his fourth with the military some of whom were taking the oath of citizenship, and that is also to be commended.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies