Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2012, 09:11 AM

1,001 posts, read 1,985,486 times

Advertisements

You guys that are defending States Rights realize that NO State would be able to accomplish anything financially without massive FED spending.

The State Rights argument works in some cases but is not a panacea. Some things are better off on a Fed level. And those of you arguing that the South was this innocent State Rights defender.....you need to re think your history....The southern aristocracy wanted to continue to use slave labor in order to reap massive prophets.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2012, 09:33 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,907,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skoro View Post
OK, then he must be your Teddy bear. Your impassioned defense and denial aren't the stuff of casual interest.
Yeah, I "WAS" a huge fan when he first came out, most of us girls liked the white pants, tail and Rock was the main attraction. So, yes I know a little about him and have seen him in concert. I don't agree with everything he has said or done, but he Rocks......I like his guitar playing. He never really looked much like a "Teddy Bear" confusion for some.......
Quote:
Google is your friend. Although a 1977 article was pre-internet. And your belief won't change the reality of Nugent's sleazy behavior.
I can google and get either side that's out there, it just depends on who's blog or article I want to believe. He was a sex maniac, sorry but many boy's from 14-? are like that, he's not that unique. Sleazy, but many women must have liked him that way.........boy's get jealous when the bad boy gets the girl's.

Everything is on the net, just a little strange that "High Times" isn't on some website that you people keep putting up so there would be no question. Wonder why...........guess I could buy it and find it doesn't say what you people are claiming at all. I won't waste my money to find it's just a lie.

If there was just someone quoting an article about President Obama would you believe it and let's say all of them were from Conservative websites..........be truthful???
Quote:
The only mention of Clinton in this thread is coming from you.
Wonder why....close to same age and guess who became President, while Nugent is still an aging "ROCKER"......... OH!!! with an opinion that not all NRA people follow..........he's entertaining, after all isn't that what you people say when Bill Maher has a political opinion?? Left listens to comedians and the right has their Rock Stars. Just like the left claims it's just entertainment.............
Quote:
Here's one you may want to skim through.

Ted Nugent - Campus Progress

Enjoy.
Was great until I looked around the page and guess what more Liberal drooling...........here's to you.............Kamp for Kids - TedNugent.com

Old 07-07-2012, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
At least liberals have first rate actors promoting their causes, the righties have 2nd rate has beens and relatives of celebrities.

Can't get more pathetic, who is next, gopher from the Love Boat
Is this what you call them.............LMAO

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzards27 View Post
Lol, hes got a word for word transcription of the article, but that's not good enuf. Like someone would invent something different from what the 1977 article says.

There is a Oct 1977, issue #26, High Times on eBay for $9.99 if someone needs to see the original text, I don't.
If I gave you just a quote, from an articile claiming it was the real deal..........you'd believe me right???

Why didn't he scan it so we'd see it was from High Times I don't follow people's word that easy, sorry if you do..............think it's called being a "sheeple"

Old 07-07-2012, 09:37 AM

11,754 posts, read 14,611,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Yea, that was the problem. A state's right to do what exactly?

Oh yea...separate water fountains, hangings, separate bathrooms, segregated lunch counters, politicians and Klan members being one and the same, firebombing black churches, separate swimming pools,, etc, etc..

Yea...states rights. Right.

When guys (from Michigan no less) start saying things like "i wish the South had won the war," it's pretty damn clear what that's code for.

"WE NEED TO PUT THEM NEGROES BACK IN THEIR PLACE."

Oops...did i say that?
Do you really think they're polite enough to say "Negroes"?

Old 07-07-2012, 09:47 AM

11,531 posts, read 10,272,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Is this what you call them.............LMAO

If I gave you just a quote, from an articile claiming it was the real deal..........you'd believe me right???

Why didn't he scan it so we'd see it was from High Times I don't follow people's word that easy, sorry if you do..............think it's called being a "sheeple"
If you don't consider Sean Penn to be a first rate film actor, either you are hyper partisan to the point that you are blind, or you know nothing about acting.

Old 07-07-2012, 09:48 AM

56,989 posts, read 35,116,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Guess, the war really hasn't ended over there, and they wonder why people like the "WEST" side of the states better.............
Ain't that the truth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrugalYankee View Post
Is there any truth to the rumor that Ted Nugent and Pat Boone will be teaming up for a singing/political duet in Vegas?
God..i hope not. But then...why not? LMAO
Quote:
Originally Posted by to570717 View Post
You guys that are defending States Rights realize that NO State would be able to accomplish anything financially without massive FED spending.

The State Rights argument works in some cases but is not a panacea. Some things are better off on a Fed level. And those of you arguing that the South was this innocent State Rights defender.....you need to re think your history....The southern aristocracy wanted to continue to use slave labor in order to reap massive prophets.
Amazing how many people still romanticize the southern cause when it was never more than a case of wanting to keep slavery and a whole race of people in subjugation. And of course, their argument is always that "most southerners didn't have slaves." Right. Like that is supposed to mean anything. Most Americans aren't millionaires either, but they break their necks to protect the rich for some reason. Simply put, poor whites got duped into going to war for the rich in the south....period, point blank. Sorry if southern sympathizers can't handle that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
Do you really think they're polite enough to say "Negroes"?
No, but they'd better not go any further than that around me.

Old 07-10-2012, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
If you don't consider Sean Penn to be a first rate film actor, either you are hyper partisan to the point that you are blind, or you know nothing about acting.
So you agree with Sean Penn being Castro's buddy and claiming Cuba has better health care for their people??

By the way Penn was good in "Fast Times at Ridgemont High"........ After some of he's claims about Cuba I haven't bothered to watch him in anything........

Old 07-10-2012, 08:20 AM

371 posts, read 442,542 times
Ten Nugent has zero credibility, who cares what he has to say on this issue or any other?

Old 07-10-2012, 08:30 AM

23,410 posts, read 36,915,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13JERM View Post
Ten Nugent has zero credibility, who cares what he has to say on this issue or any other?
Apparently his middle-aged groupies do.

Old 07-10-2012, 08:47 AM

39,809 posts, read 26,403,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skoro View Post
But he's SO eager to see today's youth go off to fight meaningless losing wars in the middle east. There's a name for guys like that.

And Teddy boy is one.

You mean Obama's wars? His actions in Afganistan have drawn out the disaster, as has his actions in Libya.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies