Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2012, 09:56 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,154,780 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
Yes they are.

Here is the thing why is it that every so called black conservative has negative stuff to say about black people? I have never once heard a so called black conservative say anything positive about black people.

It is always negative. These black conservatives aren't talking to black people, they are appealing to other people who don't like black people.

In fact, the whole spiel of many black conservatives is I am not like the rest of those people who want handouts and to deal with racism. I am a true patriot who loves America and hates black people just like you do.
I thought it was positive. Sowell and Williams were saying the schools in Harlem took a dive and that discipline is practically impossible in the schools because of rules of discipline are so strick favoring the kids today... the kids are running over the teachers and getting their way. How can one teach a child if they lack respect?

They want to change things to make it better as it was back years ago... the kids are not getting the best education because of this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2012, 10:02 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,154,780 times
Quote:
What are black American problems? I didn't know that national social problems had a racial identity.

So enlighten me all about how messed up black Americans are in your opinion.
We keep hearing about the substandards of blacks from Al Sharpton in the black community. He is always screaming about it. And also MSNBC and of course Jesse Jackson and Maxine Waters, and all the black folks coming on MSNBC.

Old 07-07-2012, 10:10 AM

5,800 posts, read 6,566,607 times
MAJOR props to both Mircea and whogo for their rousing endorsements of the writings of Dr. Williams &/or Dr. Sowell; Dr. Williams's scintillating autobiography, 'Up From The Projects' is as compelling as anything written by John Grisham or Agatha Christie, and all in a very brisk 147 pages.

'The Housing Boom And Bust' by Dr. Sowell is an absolute mastepiece regarding who was really responsible for the housing collapse, and he has no problem in not pulling any punches in naming names while simultaneously indicting Dr. Williams's 'poverty pimps' such as Barney Frank, Sharpton, Jackson, Rangel and 'Kerosene Maxine' Waters (thanks Larry Elder).

Sowell also pointed out in one of his books that the long-running assertion by blacks that they were deliberately discriminated against in the housing market goes into irrelevantville when he revealed that Asians and not Caucasians have the lowest rejection rates in applying for mortgagers of any ethnic group in existence, which consequently obliterates any assertion by African-Americans that they are discriminated against, since nobody considers whites to be victims of housing discrimination.

'Poverty Pimps' describes Al Sharpton to a T, and Jackson, and Rangel, and Conyers, and Dingell, and....

Williams and Sowell simply don't peddle the victimhood schtick that Sharpton & Co. have been shovelling for decades; considering the horrific things our government did to the Japanese under FDR during WW II, they've not fallen for that 'victimhood' nonsense either.

43% and 39% respectively of the 2011 freshman classes at two academic powerhouses known as Stanford & UCLA are of Asian descent--do they sound like 'victims' to anybody reading this?

Old 07-07-2012, 10:16 AM

9,394 posts, read 15,690,230 times
The Klan is basically dead, FEMA's probably more dangerous to blacks than the KKK.

Old 07-07-2012, 10:32 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,414,577 times
Simply put one of the best posts of the year. Well done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
Come to the corner of 12th and Race Streets and I'll give you a personal tour.

The biggest obstacle for Black America is the Grotesque Society dumped upon America by LBJ and the neo-conservatives (who were then called Social Democrats).

The Grotesque Society single-handedly destroyed Black America, and the price will be paid for decades to come.

I see Black people standing on the street corners selling drugs....every single day.

I have never seen White people, or Asians or Latinos doing that. I'm not saying they don't sell drugs, I'm just saying they don't sell drugs in plain view of everyone on Earth and then scream "Racism!" when they get arrested for selling drugs on the street corners.

What kind of community, no, what kind of race turns a blind eye and condones people standing on their street corners selling drugs?

Would you like to meet this beautiful girl? Look at that smile.

Because if you do, then you'll need to die first, since she's dead.

Her name is Africa Hope (no kidding) was shot in a drive-by just five blocks from where I live, because, you know, all good parents let their 15 year old daughters hang out at 11:00 PM on a school night on a street corner known for drug activity, right?

No help forth-coming, because you know, helping the cops to end violence is "acting White."

She was shot right here:

Nice boarded up building. That's one of the fantastic benefits of the Grotesque Society.

I walk, run or bike by there all the time. Yeah, I live here. I was sitting on the back porch with my laptop and heard the shots. Not the first time I heard shots. April last year a guy was shot and killed at the corner of Vine and 13th while was approaching Vine and 12th.

Lots of drive-by shootings in White neighborhoods, right? No.

Then stop identifying yourselves as such. If "acting White" is a problem, then hell, start "acting Asian" or "acting Latino." I'll take that.

Better yet, "act African."

When I was getting my Master's, I worked as a supervisor at a meat-packing plant. All of my line-leaders were Africans. Why? Because they could read, write and speak English.

How sad is that?

The Blacks can't read and write English well enough to fill out the reports and operate the computer, but the Blacks from Ghana and Senegal had no problem. I had a guy from Senegal damn near right off the boat, who couldn't yet speak English very well, but he could write English, and he could speak German. So I spoke German to him, and since the packaging machine was made in Germany, the programming is in German, so I just punched up the German language screen and taught him how to run the machine.

And then the Blacks sat around and talked nasty about the Africans all the time. "The live 9 in a house." Yeah, well, that's because they're smarter than you. They do that for a year or two (without Section 8 and without Food Stamps and without TAN-F) and then they have a truckload of money saved up -- imagine that.

But he is part of the problem. He perpetuates the dichotomy. Funny how Asians are doing it, yet there's no spokesperson or leader of Asian-Americans, and Latinos are doing it, yet there's no spokesperson or leader of Latinos, and Africans and Jamaicans, and Haitians and Eastern Europeans and Indians and Arabs are all doing it, yet there's no spokespeople or leaders for them.

You have a bunch of idiot "leaders" (self-appointed -- not real ones) and spokespeople, and how's that working out for all of you?

Oh, yes, the horror...the horror...all of those poor impoverished black kids living in Suburbia in their McMansions with college educated mommies and daddies and going to ritzy suburban schools raiding Deveroes and stealing hip-hop clothes so they could walk around with their pants down at their knees.

Oh, but I forgot, stealing hip-hop clothing combats "racial injustice" (snicker).

It isn't the Black race that's inferior, it's Black culture and attitudes.

There are many out there, myself including ready and willing to lend a hand to help, just as soon as you start helping yourselves, so whenever you're ready (whenever that will be).

Problematically...

Mircea

Old 07-07-2012, 10:35 AM

11,531 posts, read 10,288,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
The Klan is basically dead, FEMA's probably more dangerous to blacks than the KKK.
I tend to agree with Ron Paul that the war on drugs is more dangerous to the Black community than anything else.

Old 07-07-2012, 10:46 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,711,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Don't know about the KKK analogy but I agree with this:

Liberals have removed discipline from public schools and lowered the bar.
If Thomas Sowell says it, we should all listen. He has great ideas, is a true scholar and tells it like it is..I know the libs don't want to hear what he says, in fact many probably don't know who he is, but for those who pay attention, they must see the logic in his thinking...

Old 07-07-2012, 10:52 AM

1,389 posts, read 1,312,670 times
Quote:
Yes they are.

Here is the thing why is it that every so called black conservative has negative stuff to say about black people? I have never once heard a so called black conservative say anything positive about black people.

It is always negative. These black conservatives aren't talking to black people, they are appealing to other people who don't like black people.

In fact, the whole spiel of many black conservatives is I am not like the rest of those people who want handouts and to deal with racism. I am a true patriot who loves America and hates black people just like you do.
That's bc you're talking out of your azz. T. Sowells main body of work refutes racism. Did you know that norther blacks tested higher than southern whites during ww2? I didn't until I read Sowell. Williams's race and economics is a masterpiece that clearly illustrates what ails some black people, among others.

Old 07-07-2012, 10:53 AM

6,084 posts, read 6,042,944 times
There's not much more I can add other than, excellent post!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
Come to the corner of 12th and Race Streets and I'll give you a personal tour.

The biggest obstacle for Black America is the Grotesque Society dumped upon America by LBJ and the neo-conservatives (who were then called Social Democrats).

The Grotesque Society single-handedly destroyed Black America, and the price will be paid for decades to come.

I see Black people standing on the street corners selling drugs....every single day.

I have never seen White people, or Asians or Latinos doing that. I'm not saying they don't sell drugs, I'm just saying they don't sell drugs in plain view of everyone on Earth and then scream "Racism!" when they get arrested for selling drugs on the street corners.

What kind of community, no, what kind of race turns a blind eye and condones people standing on their street corners selling drugs?

Would you like to meet this beautiful girl? Look at that smile.

Because if you do, then you'll need to die first, since she's dead.

Her name is Africa Hope (no kidding) was shot in a drive-by just five blocks from where I live, because, you know, all good parents let their 15 year old daughters hang out at 11:00 PM on a school night on a street corner known for drug activity, right?

No help forth-coming, because you know, helping the cops to end violence is "acting White."

She was shot right here:

Nice boarded up building. That's one of the fantastic benefits of the Grotesque Society.

I walk, run or bike by there all the time. Yeah, I live here. I was sitting on the back porch with my laptop and heard the shots. Not the first time I heard shots. April last year a guy was shot and killed at the corner of Vine and 13th while was approaching Vine and 12th.

Lots of drive-by shootings in White neighborhoods, right? No.

Then stop identifying yourselves as such. If "acting White" is a problem, then hell, start "acting Asian" or "acting Latino." I'll take that.

Better yet, "act African."

When I was getting my Master's, I worked as a supervisor at a meat-packing plant. All of my line-leaders were Africans. Why? Because they could read, write and speak English.

How sad is that?

The Blacks can't read and write English well enough to fill out the reports and operate the computer, but the Blacks from Ghana and Senegal had no problem. I had a guy from Senegal damn near right off the boat, who couldn't yet speak English very well, but he could write English, and he could speak German. So I spoke German to him, and since the packaging machine was made in Germany, the programming is in German, so I just punched up the German language screen and taught him how to run the machine.

And then the Blacks sat around and talked nasty about the Africans all the time. "The live 9 in a house." Yeah, well, that's because they're smarter than you. They do that for a year or two (without Section 8 and without Food Stamps and without TAN-F) and then they have a truckload of money saved up -- imagine that.

But he is part of the problem. He perpetuates the dichotomy. Funny how Asians are doing it, yet there's no spokesperson or leader of Asian-Americans, and Latinos are doing it, yet there's no spokesperson or leader of Latinos, and Africans and Jamaicans, and Haitians and Eastern Europeans and Indians and Arabs are all doing it, yet there's no spokespeople or leaders for them.

You have a bunch of idiot "leaders" (self-appointed -- not real ones) and spokespeople, and how's that working out for all of you?

Oh, yes, the horror...the horror...all of those poor impoverished black kids living in Suburbia in their McMansions with college educated mommies and daddies and going to ritzy suburban schools raiding Deveroes and stealing hip-hop clothes so they could walk around with their pants down at their knees.

Oh, but I forgot, stealing hip-hop clothing combats "racial injustice" (snicker).

It isn't the Black race that's inferior, it's Black culture and attitudes.

There are many out there, myself including ready and willing to lend a hand to help, just as soon as you start helping yourselves, so whenever you're ready (whenever that will be)

Problematically...

Mircea

Old 07-07-2012, 10:54 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,516,181 times
Quote:
These black conservatives aren't talking to black people, they are appealing to other people who don't like black people.

Truer words were never spoken.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies