Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2012, 07:14 PM

477 posts, read 365,027 times

Advertisements

Cops Shoot Dog During Foot Chase; Petition Started for

Should be a law where innocent people like this get to return the favor to bastards like this...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2012, 07:16 PM

45,201 posts, read 26,417,923 times
The kings men...

Old 07-06-2012, 07:21 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,948,111 times
Honestly I think that is sick and I someone needs to do something about these trigger happy, intellectually challenged bullies. I am tired of these Superman wannabes who go around killing people and animals and have no respect for life.

On a sarcastic note, I guess the police officer was simply "standing his ground", after all, what was that dog doing out of his fence? Monkey was a thug. He was probably high on marijuana and purple drank and if the police officer hadn't shot him, Money would have killed him. You know there are videos on Youtube showing Monkey harrasing neighborhood children and talking about getting high on his Twitter.

Old 07-06-2012, 07:28 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,603,285 times
The police could have simply maced poor Monkey. I can see where the situation itself wasn't the fault of the police officers as the suspect they were chasing let the dog out of the yard, but since when did the gun become the one and only weapon that police offers have at their disposal? B@stards!!!

RIP Monkey.

Old 07-06-2012, 07:40 PM

6,486 posts, read 6,384,866 times
Even as I try and struggle to be "fair" here and hold off on judging the officers... I can't, because of the word, "multiple". One shot still leading to the dog's death would've been a controversy perhaps worth the lot of us debating. Four or more shots? No debate to be had; just some badges that need to be turned in.

Old 07-06-2012, 09:12 PM

4,921 posts, read 7,687,088 times
“The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog.”

— Mark Twain

There was a day when police were real men who walked a beat alone. They didn't have bullet proof vests and masks.

Today we have a majority of police that can only be classed as sissies. Today when serving a warrant for a traffic ticket
they come out in full military combat gear accompanied by a SWAT team. They make the argument that they want to be able to home at the end of their shift. They forget that is what we all want. We want of children and our pets to be safe too. Too often we have trigger happy cops who are more dangerous than the criminals they pursue. We have police chases over minor traffic incidents that end in the death of innocent civilians many times children. In this case a dog, doing what dogs do, bark, killed for no other reason.

Who will protect us from the police?

Old 07-06-2012, 09:48 PM

29,407 posts, read 21,996,065 times
Sad that nobody gives a crap about the guy beat to a pulp by the carjackers but poor fido is mourned by all. Nobody even upset at the BAD GUYS who by the way are the ones who broke into the people's property to begin with letting the dog out. Now it's lets howl about the evil po po who want to kill everyone. Gimme a break. The insanity in this country has no bounds anymore.

Old 07-06-2012, 09:50 PM

29,407 posts, read 21,996,065 times
There was a day when cops were real men who didn't wear vests? Masks? What cops wear masks? This aint halloween. There was a day when gang bangers weren't popping caps at em too. Your real men with no vests would be job openings. Like I said pure insanity run amok in the US.

Old 07-06-2012, 09:51 PM

6,486 posts, read 6,384,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Sad that nobody gives a crap about the guy beat to a pulp by the carjackers but poor fido is mourned by all. Nobody even upset at the BAD GUYS who by the way are the ones who broke into the people's property to begin with letting the dog out. Now it's lets howl about the evil po po who want to kill everyone. Gimme a break. The insanity in this country has no bounds anymore.
It goes without saying that the criminals should be punished. That's probably why no one's taking the time to say it here.

But unfortunately, it almost NEVER goes without saying that a cop should be punished. You give them the slightest opportunity, and they will literally get away with murder.

Old 07-06-2012, 09:56 PM

6,486 posts, read 6,178,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic 2.0 View Post
It goes without saying that the criminals should be punished. That's probably why no one's taking the time to say it here.

But unfortunately, it almost NEVER goes without saying that a cop should be punished. You give them the slightest opportunity, and they will literally get away with murder.
I've seen multiple examples of cops who literally deserve life without parole that completely got away with it. I think 95% of cops are really there to do their job and protect and serve the public. Those other 5% can cause massive amounts of damage. We need to start putting those 5% in prison - yes, PRISON - and teach them a lesson.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies