Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: If a nuke was about to go off in 24 hours, what would you do to get info to stop it?
I would do ANYTHING necessary to save Americans, including waterboarding. 15 83.33%
I would rough up the individual to get info, but not waterboarding. 1 5.56%
I wouldn't do anything to threaten the individual, but would question him/her. 0 0%
I would call the ACLU and interview the individual terrorist suspect with the ACLU. 1 5.56%
I would hope some intelligence would come up before the nuke went off. 1 5.56%
I would run as fast as I could! (Or I don't know ). 0 0%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2007, 03:37 PM

1,499 posts, read 4,833,251 times

Advertisements

What would you do if it was YOUR child/mother/son/wife/husband on the line and you needed to save him/her/them??

I hear a lot of people say "waterboarding is wrong, it is torture", but the minute it is their kid, wife, husband, father, mother, friend, cousin on the line - live or die at the hands of criminals and terrorists, they want to torture, beat, kill... do whatever it is to save that person.

So why can't the IS government waterboard people who are planning not to kill just 1 person, but possibly thousands of Americans?? Aren't they someone else's child/mother/husband/etc???

How come the TERRORIST has the right to be protected and the US citizen has no right to be protected from terrorists??

Is anyone here naive enough to think terrorists who hate Americans, Christians, and Jews more than anything in the world will just spill their beans without coersion??? You would have to live in candyland if you can't grasp the obvious fact that terrorists need to be roughed up so they will talk!

We are NOT talking about roughing up criminal suspects or tax violators or unruly kids. We are talkiing cold blooded killers, like Osama Bin Laden, Khalid Sheik Mohammed, etc. Mass murderers that make the BTK killer look like a really nice guy! These Islamo Fascists are killers, man. Think a killer will talk because they like you?? COME ON!!

I wanna know if there is anyone here who thinks terrorists will talk without coersion.

So let's hear it from you guys and let's get some votes in! Thanks!

Old 12-13-2007, 03:44 PM

8,489 posts, read 20,651,257 times
Including waterboarding? That would just be to start.

Old 12-13-2007, 03:47 PM

8,323 posts, read 15,173,018 times
If a nuke was going to be going off in 24 hours, I would pack my clothes and food (Buying more food) and head to work.

Then again, I work in a building made to withstand a nuclear attack and the nuclear fallout involved with it. Hurray for working on base.

Old 12-13-2007, 03:49 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,128,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Peterson View Post
Including waterboarding? That would just be to start.
yes, what I WOULD DO, waterboarding would seem like a birthday party..

Old 12-13-2007, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuharai View Post
If a nuke was going to be going off in 24 hours, I would pack my clothes and food (Buying more food) and head to work.

Then again, I work in a building made to withstand a nuclear attack and the nuclear fallout involved with it. Hurray for working on base.
Hey.. thats not fair.

Where is the "National RIGHT" to be protected from a nuclear attack thread?

Old 12-13-2007, 05:05 PM

20,343 posts, read 19,934,560 times
That was an easy decision. I wish life was that simple.

Old 12-13-2007, 05:10 PM

2,935 posts, read 5,000,736 times
The world isn't an action movie... you don't make laws based on 24 episodes. If someone discovered himself in that situation, he'd probably be more concerned with "being a hero" than with whether or not he was going to jail. If you took away the consequences for "special cases," however, it could be abused very easily and it wouldn't be just "nuke is going off in 24 hours" people doing the torture.

Old 12-13-2007, 05:41 PM

8,323 posts, read 15,173,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Hey.. thats not fair.

Where is the "National RIGHT" to be protected from a nuclear attack thread?
Of course it's not fair. It's also not fair that my area is like a terrorist attack waiting to happen.

5 Naval Bases - one being the home of the SEALS, one being the Master Jet Base, One being the largest Naval Base in the world, one is a major weapons station, and the other is a shipyard
2 Army Bases - One being a Ranger training ground/base, and the other is just a normal army base
1 Air Force Base - Ever heard of Langley and the dealings with NASA?

And we only recently found out that our building was still up to code about the whole "survive a nuclear attack" when they ran tests.

Old 12-13-2007, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuharai View Post
Of course it's not fair. It's also not fair that my area is like a terrorist attack waiting to happen.

5 Naval Bases - one being the home of the SEALS, one being the Master Jet Base, One being the largest Naval Base in the world, one is a major weapons station, and the other is a shipyard
2 Army Bases - One being a Ranger training ground/base, and the other is just a normal army base
1 Air Force Base - Ever heard of Langley and the dealings with NASA?

And we only recently found out that our building was still up to code about the whole "survive a nuclear attack" when they ran tests.
So you know all about those aliens that we found ha?

Old 12-13-2007, 07:01 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,861,848 times
Depends... is the threat imminent and real... or something that is just perceived without real discrimination? Is China a threat to the U.S. economy? Should we waterboard them? What about all the CEOs and embezzlers out there? They make millions to billions by cheating, lying, and stealing... that dollar amount is enough to "kill" many peoiple... should waterboard them to, to make them confess? There is a limit and because you don't want to set a limit, doesn't imply that you always correct. We have brains, and we use them to judge the situation... in the case of the government using waterboarding... well, some oppose it because it is NOT enough to warrant it because the threat is NOT real as you may think it is... I don't listen to propaganda but use my own judgment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies